Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,974 members, 7,835,271 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Please Help! My Encounter With The EFCC And Police On Fraud Case - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Please Help! My Encounter With The EFCC And Police On Fraud Case (771 Views)

EFCC Declares 4 Wanted For Offences Bordering On Fraud / Court Dismisses Woodberry Fraud Case In US / White Woman Calls Police On A Black Man Over Dog Leash In New York (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help! My Encounter With The EFCC And Police On Fraud Case by Redemption77: 4:45pm On Nov 29, 2021
Good day everyone in the house, I am a victim of a fraud investment scheme. I was defrauded of one hundred and ninety six (196,000) thousand naira.
Long story short, I filed a petition against the scammer with evidence of the money transferred via bank(Access bank to Stanbic IBTC) to EFCC. Today made it three weeks(11th of this month) before they now told me that, that amount is " below their threshold policy", in other words, the money is too small for them to pursue. So they referred me to the police state headquarters. Only for me to get there, one of the policemen started telling me of how I will pay fifteen thousand naira to "process petition" and another forty thousand naira " for them to to inform and flag the scammer's bank with a court order" and lastly, if it is outside my state, I will have to pay for transport for them arrest and bring him to my state, if/when caught.
I asked him "what if I don't have the money for all that?" He said when I'm ready then.
The good news is that, he promised that all expenses will be paid by the scammer when caught but, I just feel those expenses I'm about to start are way too much for me.
Please house, what should I do? Anyone who knows a better option should kindly share too.
I'm confused and downcasted.

Mynnd44,help me share for all to see please!!
Re: Please Help! My Encounter With The EFCC And Police On Fraud Case by ospreywin(m): 4:59pm On Nov 29, 2021
You don't know what is going on.....
Re: Please Help! My Encounter With The EFCC And Police On Fraud Case by Collins4u1(m): 5:22pm On Nov 29, 2021
Better move on. Police will make you spend more
Re: Please Help! My Encounter With The EFCC And Police On Fraud Case by Redemption77: 8:50pm On Nov 29, 2021
ospreywin:
You don't know what is going on.....

How do you mean Mr?
Re: Please Help! My Encounter With The EFCC And Police On Fraud Case by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 29, 2021
Redemption77:
Only for me to get there, one of the policemen started telling me of how I will pay fifteen thousand naira to "process petition" and another forty thousand naira " for them to to inform and flag the scammer's bank with a court order" and lastly, if it is outside my state, I will have to pay for transport for them arrest and bring him to my state, if/when caught.
I asked him "what if I don't have the money for all that?" He said when I'm ready then.
The good news is that, he promised that all expenses will be paid by the scammer when caught but, I just feel those expenses I'm about to start are way too much for me.
Please house, what should I do? Anyone who knows a better option should kindly share too.
I'm confused and downcasted.

Mynnd44,help me share for all to see please!!
This country don finish.
Re: Please Help! My Encounter With The EFCC And Police On Fraud Case by Redemption77: 9:37pm On Nov 29, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
This country don finish.

As in ehn cry
Re: Please Help! My Encounter With The EFCC And Police On Fraud Case by Cokahot: 9:44pm On Nov 29, 2021
Don't even think of paying popo or relying on them. Once u pay,I repeat,once u pay the npf or ipo or officer in charge,from missed calls,it becomes to call me back I'm praying,I can't hear u,network is bad, we are s on it,tracker is not working,pray to GOD and forgive and forget. Is it not the npf.hahahahahhaa.
Re: Please Help! My Encounter With The EFCC And Police On Fraud Case by ospreywin(m): 10:54pm On Nov 29, 2021
Redemption77:

How do you mean Mr?
You're in on a long thing. It's a vicious circle, you keep parabulating until you're fed up and give up.
Best advice : don't loose any money further.
Re: Please Help! My Encounter With The EFCC And Police On Fraud Case by Redemption77: 6:25am On Nov 30, 2021
Cokahot:
Don't even think of paying popo or relying on them. Once u pay,I repeat,once u pay the npf or ipo or officer in charge,from missed calls,it becomes to call me back I'm praying,I can't hear u,network is bad, we are s on it,tracker is not working,pray to GOD and forgive and forget. Is it not the npf.hahahahahhaa.

But some people have given testimonies of how they recovered their money
Re: Please Help! My Encounter With The EFCC And Police On Fraud Case by debetmx(m): 6:35am On Nov 30, 2021
Count your losses and move on and there's no free money any where even in Freetown.

(1) (Reply)

Kenya Police Rescue Teenager Nailed To Tree For Stealing A Radio (video) / Watch The Moment When Japan Ex PM Shinzo Abe Was Shot On Stage / Freed Train Attack Victim Narrate Ordeal Says FG Not Responsible For His Freedom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.