Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Please Help! I Don't Know What Is Happening To My Skin - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help! I Don't Know What Is Happening To My Skin (696 Views)

Nairalanders Help! Don't Know What Is Happening To My Skin! / Dark Patches On My Skin. Dermatologists, Please Help. / Help Me!!! My Skin Is Rough (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help! I Don't Know What Is Happening To My Skin by Ragnarr(m): 5:48pm On Nov 29, 2021
I'm losing pigment from my skin when I'm not even using any cream(not even Vaseline), could this be a disease?

The skin of the lower part of my abdomen is getting depigmented. What started as a single tiny spot just lateral to my navel is spreading and I now have many yellow spots including in my pubic area.

I also noticed that the hairs in the changed areas are turning grey.

This thing appeared few months ago. I didn't take it seriously at first because I thought it would disappear but it keep spreading. Please help I'm seriously worried right now

Re: Please Help! I Don't Know What Is Happening To My Skin by thorpido(m): 5:51pm On Nov 29, 2021
You have vitiligo.
Re: Please Help! I Don't Know What Is Happening To My Skin by Ragnarr(m): 5:53pm On Nov 29, 2021
thorpido:
You have vitiligo.
Are you serious? What can I do about it?
Re: Please Help! I Don't Know What Is Happening To My Skin by thorpido(m): 6:00pm On Nov 29, 2021
Ragnarr:

Are you serious? What can I do about it?
Unfortunately,it has no cure but some treatments can help to slow the spread.Some of these treatments will include use of topical creams and use of steroids and immunosuppressive drugs.
You should see a dermatologist.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! I Don't Know What Is Happening To My Skin by Ragnarr(m): 6:14pm On Nov 29, 2021
thorpido:
Unfortunately,it has no cure but some treatments can help to slow the spread.Some of these treatments will include use of topical creams and use of steroids and immunosuppressive drugs.
You should see a dermatologist.
Hmmmm. Thanks
Re: Please Help! I Don't Know What Is Happening To My Skin by Ragnarr(m): 6:14pm On Nov 29, 2021
Which kind wahala be this na ahh
Re: Please Help! I Don't Know What Is Happening To My Skin by Freestainworld(m): 6:33pm On Nov 29, 2021
Vitiligo, Its usually genetic, check your family blood line.
Re: Please Help! I Don't Know What Is Happening To My Skin by Ragnarr(m): 7:57am On Nov 30, 2021
Freestainworld:
Vitiligo, Its usually genetic, check your family blood line.
Nobody has it in my family
Re: Please Help! I Don't Know What Is Happening To My Skin by Margaretola(f): 10:40am On Nov 30, 2021
Yes, i think it's Vitiligo, thank God you noticed on time. Although there's no cure, You can slow it down. Talk to a dermatologist here,just for#500
https://cribmd.com/
Re: Please Help! I Don't Know What Is Happening To My Skin by Ragnarr(m): 11:01am On Aug 01, 2022
How my vitiligo has progressed without treatment.

1 Share

Re: Please Help! I Don't Know What Is Happening To My Skin by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 01, 2022
Ragnarr:
How my vitiligo has progressed without treatment.
It could be an allergic reaction from the clothes you wear or where you sleep or your diet.
But why you no dey shave?
Re: Please Help! I Don't Know What Is Happening To My Skin by Ragnarr(m): 7:53pm On Aug 04, 2022
Revolution2022:
It could be an allergic reaction from the clothes you wear or where you sleep or your diet.
But why you no dey shave?
How do I stop it?
Re: Please Help! I Don't Know What Is Happening To My Skin by Ragnarr(m): 8:34pm On Aug 05, 2022
So, I've decided to use this thread as a means of tracking the progress of my treatment. I was started on a herbal medication two days ago; Wednesday, August 3rd.

This is my mom's idea. I told her it's a sickness called vitiligo that has no cure but she insisted I see the herbal guy. Main reason being that the guy cured her of a disease that was eating her tummy up. She had tried all sorts of white man's medicine in futility. But this guy gave her a herbal medicine that cure her of the ailment. It's my mom and I was aware of that injury in her tummy. But when she showed me the area all that was left was scars that remained after the wound had healed. This convinced me.

I don't really trust traditional medicine guys. I respect them but I am more of evidence-based medicine. But now that I have this and don't have access to conventional medicine just yet it's a perfect time to find out if these guys really know what they are doing. If it works it means we found a cure for vitiligo and scientists are not omniscient after all. If it doesn't then there's really no cure for vitiligo and someone is a fraud.

I don't know how long I'm supposed to use this before expecting the desired result. I think four weeks should be enough. The medicine is grounded and mixed with pap and cream for drinking and rubbing, respectively. I started using it two days ago like I said earlier so today is day 3 of using it.

I'm kind of excited. I feel like I'm doing an experiment more than undergoing treatment.

But I hope this thing doesn't appear on my face before I get done with it though. The only reason I'm still calm is because the patches are so far located in a concealed region.
Re: Please Help! I Don't Know What Is Happening To My Skin by Ragnarr(m): 2:42pm On Nov 12, 2023
It's been over a year since I posted about the traditional medicine I was using for my vitiligo. It's funny how I intended to use this thread to track the progress of the disease but failed to post for more than 12 months.

The thing is that I stopped using the traditional medicine about 4 weeks later when I exhausted the medicine. There wasn't any sign that the thing was working so I didn't bother to get a refill. This experience means I will continue to doubt traditional medicine.

Earlier this year I decided to seek proper medical care so I visited a dermatologist around March or so. We talked about the condition; the cause, the treatment options and the rest. He prescribed dermovate and hydrocortisone for me to be used for 4 weeks after which I was supposed to return to him to check the progress.

There wasn't much change after 4 weeks so when I went there he added meladinine to the regimen. I couldn't get meladinine at that time and I haven't made any effort to relook and I've also stopped using my dermovate and hydrocortisone. This lack of compliance with treatment is because the disease is not life-threatening.

However few months ago I began to notice little repigmentation in some areas. This got me hopeful and excited and I have been planning to resume using dermovate (the more potent one). Being a lazy person I didn't restart it until today.

I plan to try by best and use the drug religiously and see how it goes. I hope that by June next year there would be a really significant recovery.
Re: Please Help! I Don't Know What Is Happening To My Skin by Ragnarr(m): 2:44pm On Nov 12, 2023
How it looks at the moment. Please don't talk about my pubic hair.

(1) (Reply)

How Can A Man Gain Weight / Urgent Questions-concerning Breast Milk. / How To Use Chia Seeds For Fertility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.