Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ (18519 Views)

Lockdown: FG Gives N20,000 To Poor Households In FCT / COVID-19: Ahmad Lawan Urges Buhari To Provide Relief For Poor Nigerians / Shehu Sani: Recovered Abacha Loot Should Not Be Shared To Poor Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by jornwhite: 4:20pm On Nov 30, 2021
backbencher:
]

That's from your perspective. The fact is, universities need far more money than they are making from students right now, to be world class.

Nigeria also spends 2 billion on education yearly..most of that goes to Universities. South Africa spends over 23 BILLION. And their fees in government universities are high. You need loans and grants to go to a university over there.

The truth is, we should be spending over 30 billion dollars or more on universities alone before you see benefits on par with the rest of the world.

Again that is what you think.

You guys think you are spending big money in government hospital. Meanwhile abroad, the same 'government hospital' will charge you heavy duty fees.

EG...a CS costs the equivalent of $2000 or less in a Nigerian hospital. Abroad, it costs upwards of $14000. That's why foreign hospitals can afford nice things. Nigerian hospitals cannot.

Plus, in countries where healthcare is free like UK, they take half your income in taxes to pay for the privilege. Try that in Nigeria.

Power situation is bad because power companies are not making enough of a profit to fix power.

The expensive bills you pay are way below what you should be paying power companies to fix your power.

Plus when it was under government, in addition to the corruption, the revenue used to pay for the power system was never stable.

Keep in mind that Nigeria pays for everything with revenue from oil, agric, etc, which is never sustainable BECAUSE they are never at a price that can sustain us. That's why we don't have power, light, and why we have to remove subsides

The corruption makes it worse..

We all know FG spends less on education as shown by budget and i also share the mindset that our university need more money but however public any public unversity is running @ net loss if financial reports are to be considered.

basic tution abroad(public uni.) cost about $3660,
america minimum wage is between $15- $11(state variance) per hour,using 8 - 5 thats 10hrs × $11, 110 ×26days = $2860 per month.
i.e with bearest minimum wage you can pay basic tution with 1month15days wages

tution in nigeria public uni. cost about 100k , whilst the minimum wage is 30k which as not fully being implemented sef,
i.e with bearest minimum wage you have to save 3month full wage + deduction from 4th month.

Between an american & a nigerian who is having access to education cheaper, the problem with most of you is that you are so quick to convert dollar to naira, comparism should be made base on the purchasing power of a chosen currency within its own economic, no be say you go convert us tution to naira n scream opor when yu see millions.

If nigeria is failing whose fault, why do we have leaders, what is their job, since buhari became president what have they done to diversify, i guess part of the diversification is looking for oil in the north, do you know how much billions was wasted on that, money that could av built an infrastructure that will generate revenue, we keep collecting loans to build roads angry thats like collecting loan to do wedding. omo naija is full of shit
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by galadima77(m): 10:49pm On Nov 30, 2021
tunjijones:
All this rubbish talk about fuel subsidy removal.

I thought Buhari said fuel subsidy is a scam. He said there was nothing like fuel subsidy.

And to think fmr presidents are entitled to intelligence briefings on national matters.
I don't understand...smh
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by Abdoolbuster: 8:36am On Dec 09, 2021
obailala:
Petrol price has the greatest influence on inflation, that's why it's a special case. And no, the rich arent the greatest beneficiaries of petrol subsidy. NNpC today is the sole importer of petrol, but even if that wasnt the case, the fact that one or 2 rich men make billions from petrol subsidy is not enough statistics to conclude that the rich are the biggest beneficiaries. That's just a flawed argument.

The food and transportation hyperinflation that comes with petrol price increase affects the poor far more than the rich, and you'd agree with me that well over 90% of Nigeria's population falls within this poor affected bracket.

What make it have greatest effect? There are buses that run on diesel, farm equipments mostly run on diesel. We are just a bunch of hypocrites fleecing the weak and trying to find justification for our actions. Petrol can increase for all I care, when kerosene, diesel and gas prices increased nobody die if petrol price increase the shock won't last past 3 months at the maximum
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by obailala(m): 8:51am On Dec 09, 2021
Abdoolbuster:

What make it have greatest effect? There are buses that run on diesel, farm equipments mostly run on diesel. We are just a bunch of hypocrites fleecing the weak and trying to find justification for our actions. Petrol can increase for all I care, when kerosene, diesel and gas prices increased nobody die if petrol price increase the shock won't last past 3 months at the maximum
Whether there are buses that run on diesel, or planes that run on kerosene, all you have said does not change the fact that petrol price has the greatest influence on inflation. EoD!
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by Abdoolbuster: 8:58am On Dec 09, 2021
obailala:
Whether there are buses that run on diesel, or planes that run on kerosene, all you have said does not change the fact that petrol price has the greatest on inflation. EoD!

What is the meaning of petrol having the greatest inflation? I thought I was discussing with.......... lipsrsealed
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by obailala(m): 9:01am On Dec 09, 2021
Abdoolbuster:

What is the meaning of petrol having the greatest inflation? I thought I was discussing with.......... lipsrsealed
..."Increase in petrol price has the greatest effect on inflation." I said it in my previous post so stop actung like an ...... lipsrsealed that cant comprehend simple sentences.
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by Abdoolbuster: 7:07am On Dec 10, 2021
obailala:
..."Increase in petrol price has the greatest effect on inflation." I said it in my previous post so stop actung like an ...... lipsrsealed that cant comprehend simple sentences.

What is this one saying báyìí?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Presidency: PDP Heads To Appeal Court Over Plan To Stop Primary / Wike And Ekweremadu Inspect Akpajo-woji Bridge / Save Us From Persecution- IPOB Urges Trump.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.