Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,075 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? - Business (126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? (1123634 Views)

Naira Appreciates Against The Dollar / How Much Did You Exchange The Pound For Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (362) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Obynolee(f): 9:18am On Oct 06, 2015
Babyileso:
Pls,what is zenith bank exchange rate?

229.08/$ while GTB was 220.01 as at 05/10/15
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Obynolee(f): 9:23am On Oct 06, 2015
solid3:
Pls which bank has the cheapest dollar rate when using ur visa or Mastercard when u paying in dollars?

GTB 220.01/$ IBTC i think within that range, this is yesterdays 05/10 report
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Babyileso(f): 9:48am On Oct 06, 2015
Obynolee:

thnks very much
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by arbitrage: 2:03pm On Oct 06, 2015
toluhere:

This wire transfer thing, how much do they charge for a dollar? That is, what is their rate, is it the 197 CBN rate or black market rate of 220?

We are talking of domiciliary account here. So there's nothing like exchange rate to Naira since it is your dollar, pounds or euro that bank is transferring for you to your beneficiary.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by arbitrage: 2:38pm On Oct 06, 2015
bimppyola:

@ Toluhere ,thankx man for the question,so how much do they charge??

@ Arbitrage,thankx for taking your time to explain how this works,i really appreciate .

As you have said in question no 3 tha transferring from one dom to another dom account of same bank can take few minutes/hours but if they are two different banks,it takes 2-5 days to do that.Can you tell me how am i suppose to do this if i want to buy USD from some one who will transfer from his own dom account to mine which are of different banks.So that he wont scam me ?

4)Can i login to my internet banking platform portal to fill and submit/transfer bank wire funds without having a token device or can i do it without the token device?

5)If i am suppose to go to the banking hall to make a bank wire trasnfer, is the charge same for bank wire transfer in the bank and me doing it by loging into my internet banking to do it myself

6) If i visit the bank and would i fill Form M
7) Can you give me more info about this Form M /Form A

That will depend on the trust between you and the seller and your terms of agreement when he sells USD to you. If you both agree to pay him Naira first before he transfers USD to you or to pay after you have received his USD in your account, you need to agree first. Those who buy by cash can be faster and immediate as they can walk to the bank together for withdrawal but you cannot deposit the cash into your Dom account by CBN policy.

4. If you cannot carry out any transfer service or submission request from your Naira account to another person without your hardware token, it is pretty obvious that you cannot do such transfer from your domiciliary account nonetheless without your authorization via your token device.

5. Yes sir, the four charges are the same no matter the method you used to request for outward wire transfer.

6. The CBN form A is the application form you are filling to request and authorize your bank to carry out wire transfer from your Naira account to your foreign beneficiary at official rate (displayed in banking halls) in respect of settling certain CBN approved goods and services. For example, to pay your school fees abroad, to pay for certain products to be imported from a manufacturer or distributor, to get personal travel allowance (pta) or business travel allowance (bta), etc. Document proofs are usually required like student's admission letter, manufacturer's (seller's) invoice, traveller's visa and flight ticket, etc.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by bimppyola: 8:23pm On Oct 06, 2015
arbitrage:

That will depend on the trust between you and the seller and your terms of agreement when he sells USD to you. If you both agree to pay him Naira first before he transfers USD to you or to pay after you have received his USD in your account, you need to agree first. Those who buy by cash can be faster and immediate as they can walk to the bank together for withdrawal but you cannot deposit the cash into your Dom account by CBN policy.

4. If you cannot carry out any transfer service or submission request from your Naira account to another person without your hardware token, it is pretty obvious that you cannot do such transfer from your domiciliary account nonetheless without your authorization via your token device.

5. Yes sir, the four charges are the same no matter the method you used to request for outward wire transfer.

6. The CBN form A is the application form you are filling to request and authorize your bank to carry out wire transfer from your Naira account to your foreign beneficiary at official rate (displayed in banking halls) in respect of settling certain CBN approved goods and services. For example, to pay your school fees abroad, to pay for certain products to be imported from a manufacturer or distributor, to get personal travel allowance (pta) or business travel allowance (bta), etc. Document proofs are usually required like student's admission letter, manufacturer's (seller's) invoice, traveller's visa and flight ticket, etc.

Thankx man

7) So i can also use my naira account either savings or current to make a request for bank wire transfer??

coolhow much do they charge for bank wire transfer from nigeria to USA and from USa to Nigeria,how true is it that $45 is being charged from USA to Nigeria?? And how much do they charge from Nigeria to USA ?

9)How long would they approve the form M/A or i fill the two form together bothe Form M and also Transfer bank wire form??how is it done

10)When someone is transferring from his dom account to another dom account,what other information is needed apart fom the account number??

11)Do you do GTbank wire transfer with a token device or without
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by bimppyola: 8:26pm On Oct 06, 2015
shocked
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by bimppyola: 8:27pm On Oct 06, 2015
I need a transfer of just 2OO-300 USd for payment,any person to sell and at what rate in naira equivalent and your terms ?
Contact me asap
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by makzeze: 9:15pm On Oct 06, 2015
i have 5300 USD cash for sale. am in abuja.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by homebase(m): 11:20am On Oct 07, 2015
I have $200 to sell @227 per $. Gtbank transfer.

bimppyola:
I need a transfer of just 2OO-300 USd for payment,any person to sell and at what rate in naira equivalent and your terms ?
Contact me asap
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by zumbigbo(m): 6:24pm On Oct 07, 2015
I have £1000 pounds to change for naira.... Any offers?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by obicentlis: 1:38pm On Oct 08, 2015
bimppyola:

Thankx man

7) So i can also use my naira account either savings or current to make a request for bank wire transfer??

coolhow much do they charge for bank wire transfer from nigeria to USA and from USa to Nigeria,how true is it that $45 is being charged from USA to Nigeria?? And how much do they charge from Nigeria to USA ?

9)How long would they approve the form M/A or i fill the two form together bothe Form M and also Transfer bank wire form??how is it done

10)When someone is transferring from his dom account to another dom account,what other information is needed apart fom the account number??

11)Do you do GTbank wire transfer with a token device or without

Read well plz . You are confusing yourself.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by bimppyola: 6:42pm On Oct 09, 2015
homebase:
Do you stay in lagos??
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by bimppyola: 6:49pm On Oct 09, 2015
Zenith bank dollar exchnge rate as at 08-10-2015 $1 to 229.13 naira
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by bimppyola: 6:50pm On Oct 09, 2015
obicentlis:
That is why am asking what i dnt really understand
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by obicentlis: 7:14pm On Oct 09, 2015
bimppyola:

That is why am asking what i dnt really understand
Go back and read carefully again.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by stechi(m): 8:04pm On Oct 09, 2015
I am surprised at some figures I am seeing here because I did a transaction with my GTB Mastercard paying for my domain on GoDaddy.com and was charged N220 = $1.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by obicentlis: 9:44pm On Oct 09, 2015
Please which bank atm card is the cheapest for atm withdrawal abroad.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by homebase(m): 9:12am On Oct 11, 2015
Yes

bimppyola:

Do you stay in lagos??
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by homebase(m): 9:15am On Oct 11, 2015
Yes, that is the amount GTbank is charging when you use their naira master card to buy online.

stechi:
I am surprised at some figures I am seeing here because I did a transaction with my GTB Mastercard paying for my domain on GoDaddy.com and was charged N220 = $1.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by homebase(m): 9:15am On Oct 11, 2015
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by arbitrage: 9:29am On Oct 11, 2015
obicentlis:

Thank you sir. I guess he needs to visit the bank instead.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by dned: 12:22pm On Oct 11, 2015
Please I am transferring e-dollar from a bank to another within Nigeria...how long doea it take?

My reason was because the initial bank rwfused to allow me withdraw at least $300 in cash as stipulated by CBN .
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by coderXO(m): 2:07pm On Oct 11, 2015
dned:
Please I am transferring e-dollar from a bank to another within Nigeria...how long doea it take?

My reason was because the initial bank rwfused to allow me withdraw at least $300 in cash as stipulated by CBN .

Which bank did this? Which kind CBN stipulation?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by dned: 2:11pm On Oct 11, 2015
coderXO:

I mean they dint allow me to withdraw in cash at least the minimum stipulated $300 per day by the CBN
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by souleymon(m): 2:36pm On Oct 11, 2015
I have $1000 for Naira @ N230. If you are based in lagos let me know
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by makzeze: 3:38pm On Oct 11, 2015
souleymon:
I have $1000 for Naira @ N230. If you are based in lagos let me know
is it cash?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by homebase(m): 6:45am On Oct 12, 2015
I am sure the bank must be GTbank. I don't think it is a CBN policy must be internal one.

I also have some money i want to withdraw with GTbank.

coderXO:

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by coderXO(m): 9:29am On Oct 12, 2015
dned:

I mean they dint allow me to withdraw in cash at least the minimum stipulated $300 per day by the CBN

$300 limit is on card transactions. That has nothing to do physical cash withdrawals in the bank.

You still did not mention the bank.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by JOXY(f): 5:08pm On Oct 12, 2015
Dollar transfer to US 233, transfer to other banks 235
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Babyileso(f): 9:51pm On Oct 12, 2015
Obynolee:

pls,is the rate still the same.

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (362) (Reply)

Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜ / EXCLUSIVE : How To Make Level 2 Seller On Fiverr In A Month As A Nigerian Seller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.