Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,674 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? - Business (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? (1123182 Views)

Naira Appreciates Against The Dollar / How Much Did You Exchange The Pound For Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (362) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by J0nyb0y(m): 10:24am On Mar 18, 2016
i was on union bank and access bank on wed and they said their charge was around 207 via moneygram including charges
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by gbaby87(m): 11:30am On Mar 18, 2016
Looking for someone to deposit into my Nigerian account and I deposit in their Naira account. Urgent but not stupid/desperate so I beg, Good rates and no strategies, we do everything in one day IN A BANK!
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by aikfrank(m): 11:34am On Mar 18, 2016
agarawu23:
no deal.
How much?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by bizgenius1: 11:37am On Mar 18, 2016
J0nyb0y:
i was on union bank and access bank on wed and they said their charge was around 207 via moneygram including charges

Thats still very fair
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by tosinjay(m): 11:42am On Mar 18, 2016
pretts:
Hello Sir,

The last time you contacted me in February, it was in respect to Form A which I said was processed within 3 working days at CBN rate by Stanbic if I could remember correctly...and not WU.

I'm not exactly sure how this works, but I doubt very much that the forex received by your recipients when you send WU belong to our own banks exactly. It's more like an exchange thing which 'the banks do on behalf of WU', that's why it is charged at WU rate and not CBN rate. So saying that banks won't want to let their forex go at a certain rate is blah blah as far as I'm concerned...Besides the Naira received here on behalf of WU is in turn used to pay the multitude of people who still receive money from abroad via WU.

So please do not be deceived/do not mislead others, those people at the banks (especially FBN, the most corrupt of them all) in charge of WU are cashing out a lot at the expense of those who genuinely need to transfer money. The forex belongs to WU, and not our banks...they are just channels of money transfer. Btw, the bank my friend used in February is sterling bank.
I just like what you just said, I've jejely been observing since. Western union per say is still sending and i got to FBN last week tuesday and after alot of stress from them saying they can't accept Voters card as ID from the person i wanted to use when i used Voter's card at UNION BANK in January, the next day Wednesday the guy incharge refused temporary national ID as well. I was able to get my sibling to come with his international passport.
After all that the guy received the form and made copy of the ID. Like i had hit jackpot i thought i will now send but the guy just said he'll call me when it's my turn, that was last week wed, till now i haven't heard from him.

They know what they're doing. Nothing like #280/$ western union rate, if that was charged then it's as a result of deal getting down to then classify the sender as being fortunate to even send.

I don't even believe that other banks are not able to send right now even though walking into their banking hall they'll tell you it has been suspended for now, i just believe they have people they render the service to and not making it available to the public.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by agarawu23(m): 12:11pm On Mar 18, 2016
J0nyb0y:
shocked
Oga, location pls......

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by tosinjay(m): 12:16pm On Mar 18, 2016
J0nyb0y:
Oga, i can see your location is lagos, ok there is difference btw them telling you the rate and them able to send for you. Please were you able to send and then, location please.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by ASL33: 12:16pm On Mar 18, 2016
Anybody get pounds? Let me know your rate.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nsonaso(m): 12:22pm On Mar 18, 2016
Urgently in need of $252 Payoneer fund
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by J0nyb0y(m): 12:42pm On Mar 18, 2016
agarawu23:
shocked Oga, location pls......
ijebu ode in ogun state
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by hope43: 12:42pm On Mar 18, 2016
Pls is TRANSFAST.com reliable?

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by agarawu23(m): 12:44pm On Mar 18, 2016
For how long will it take you to queue just to send 1000$? Months? Weeks abi years? (Things we do within a day before dollar palava)

Federal Govt told Us they aren't selling forex to parents that their children are schooling abroad and you expect banks to sale the forex for u. From where will they get it?

Do you know why wiring from nigeria has been difficult since dollar hit 400#? It's because banks now use their forex to make business abroad. Ask me how.

You expect someone who is sending over 10000$ to wait on the same queue they are yet to attend to ppl sending 1000$?

You will fill form and wake to the bank very early in the morning to enable them attend to u but they kept giving you stories. It took my dad 3 weeks to send money gram after pressure and everyday bribe. BUT presently, they aren't ready to send at all.

The bank managers have their customers they now use in selling their available forex where they can make more profit than individuals waiting on queue to send at CBN rate. Ofcus western union and money gram have their exchange rate but do you know Nigerians abroad have abandoned WU and co due to low exchange rate while the parallel market remain high. How many internet fraudsters still use WU? So tell me how forex is coming through WU to Nigeria.

I heard about RIA money (FBN) of recent where their limit is $5000 but the bank manager was saying stories when I sent someone there.

These banks are thieves and they know what they are doing.

6 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by agarawu23(m): 12:44pm On Mar 18, 2016
hope43:
yes
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by J0nyb0y(m): 12:44pm On Mar 18, 2016
tosinjay:

Oga, i can see your location is lagos, ok there is difference btw them telling you the rate and them able to send for you. Please were you able to send and then, location please.
i couldnt use them cos union said they have list of people b4 it would get to my turn might take 2wks while access was ready to do it 4 me but i dont have account with them so i went with fbn and was charged 280 same day
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by agarawu23(m): 12:51pm On Mar 18, 2016
J0nyb0y:

ijebu ode in ogun state
en en
Not too far from my state.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by tosinjay(m): 1:21pm On Mar 18, 2016
J0nyb0y:

i couldnt use them cos union said they have list of people b4 it would get to my turn might take 2wks while access was ready to do it 4 me but i dont have account with them so i went with fbn and was charged 280 same day
Hmmm, please access of which branch? Me that have account with them have been asking since January and they keep saying it's suspended although i haven't asked recently though. Please what's the location?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by tosinjay(m): 1:28pm On Mar 18, 2016
J0nyb0y:

ijebu ode in ogun state
Hmmm, ijebu ode, far sha...
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by tosinjay(m): 1:32pm On Mar 18, 2016
agarawu23:
For how long will it take you to queue just to send 1000$? Months? Weeks abi years? (Things we do within a day before dollar palava)

Federal Govt told Us they aren't selling forex to parents that their children are schooling abroad and you expect banks to sale the forex for u. From where will they get it?

Do you know why wiring from nigeria has been difficult since dollar hit 400#? It's because banks now use their forex to make business abroad. Ask me how.

You expect someone who is sending over 10000$ to wait on the same queue they are yet to attend to ppl sending 1000$?

You will fill form and wake to the bank very early in the morning to enable them attend to u but they kept giving you stories. It took my dad 3 weeks to send money gram after pressure and everyday bribe. BUT presently, they aren't ready to send at all.

The bank managers have their customers they now use in selling their available forex where they can make more profit than individuals waiting on queue to send at CBN rate. Ofcus western union and money gram have their exchange rate but do you know Nigerians abroad have abandoned WU and co due to low exchange rate while the parallel market remain high. How many internet fraudsters still use WU? So tell me how forex is coming through WU to Nigeria.

I heard about RIA money (FBN) of recent where their limit is $5000 but the bank manager was saying stories when I sent someone there.

These banks are thieves and they know what they are doing.

Bros na now you talk well and wetin banks dey do. I do not believe the USD in question is bank's. Just as pretts said, western union should be responsible for it's dollars and there is a reason they have limit atm for people who can send in a day and amount that can be sent.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by makzeze: 2:26pm On Mar 18, 2016
I NEED 4000 USD TO BUY. I AM IN ABUJA
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by pretts(f): 2:49pm On Mar 18, 2016
Please do you have an idea what their $ - # rate is presently for receiving in Nigeria?
agarawu23:
yes
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by ASL33: 3:41pm On Mar 18, 2016
makzeze:
I NEED 4000USD TO BUY. I AM IN ABUJA
360/$. Let me know
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by agarawu23(m): 3:59pm On Mar 18, 2016
pretts:
Please do you have an idea what their $ - # rate is presently for receiving in Nigeria?
220 express, 245# 3days.

https://transfast.com/send-money-to-nigeria
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by hope43: 4:00pm On Mar 18, 2016
agarawu23:
yes
tnx
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by agarawu23(m): 4:08pm On Mar 18, 2016
tosinjay:

Bros na now you talk well and wetin banks dey do. I do not believe the USD in question is bank's. Just as pretts said, western union should be responsible for it's dollars and there is a reason they have limit atm for people who can send in a day and amount that can be sent.
the point is, bank managers will rada use the available WU dollars instead of selling to us. Who no like to make profit ? cheesy
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by makzeze: 4:38pm On Mar 18, 2016
ASL33:
360/$. Let me know
interested. where are you?

But let me ask you, did you buy the dollar when it was 391?

3 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by tosinjay(m): 5:43pm On Mar 18, 2016
hope43:
pretts:
Are you both expecting USD from outside, why not have it transfered to dorm account and sell to me?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by pretts(f): 7:25pm On Mar 18, 2016
Still weighing my options. It's not a lot of money, so considering that Wells Fargo will charge about $50 and GTBank offshore charge is about $25...Transfast might be a better option.
tosinjay:

Are you both expecting USD from outside, why not have it transfered to dorm account and sell to me?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by blym4real: 7:44pm On Mar 18, 2016
$4000 available to any us bank account at #310 per dollar. WhatsApp or call 08101525574
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by tosinjay(m): 7:44pm On Mar 18, 2016
pretts:
Still weighing my options. It's not a lot of money, so considering that Wells Fargo will charge about $50 and GTBank offshore charge is about $25...Transfast might be a better option.
Alright gotcha..
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by tosinjay(m): 7:48pm On Mar 18, 2016
blym4real:
$4000 available to any us bank account at #310 per dollar.
WhatsApp or call 08101525574
Do you have funds for transfer within naija? Dollar to dollar account or cash.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by blym4real: 7:55pm On Mar 18, 2016
tosinjay:

Do you have funds for transfer within naija? Dollar to dollar account or cash.
contact me
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by billtommy(m): 9:00pm On Mar 18, 2016
gbaby87:
Looking for someone to deposit into my Nigerian account and I deposit in their Naira account. Urgent but not stupid/desperate so I beg, Good rates and no strategies, we do everything in one day IN A BANK!

Can you be more explicit? What's ur location?

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (362) (Reply)

Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜ / EXCLUSIVE : How To Make Level 2 Seller On Fiverr In A Month As A Nigerian Seller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.