Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,028 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

What Can I Do For God Today? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / What Can I Do For God Today? (216 Views)

Mercy Eke: I Dreamt I Was Winning Souls For God / 'Nigeria's Problem Is Not For God To Solve' - OAP Yaw Says / Phyno, Flavour & Zoro Slammed By Born Again Lady: You Aren't Fit To Sing For God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Can I Do For God Today? by DejiPlug(m): 7:00am On Nov 30, 2021
I went to fetch water to bath, when I observed my landlord's turkeys messing around. Seeing as two turkeys were attacking each other, and two others just kept pecking the ground with their beaks. Then my landlord's wife threw a handful of corn at them. The fighting duo deliberately kept fighting or ignorantly unaware of the day's supply of feed, while the grazing two rushed at the corn and ate it all. And something peculiar suddenly hit me

The opposing turkeys represents life's challenges, and regardless of the religion or spiritual inclinations, everyday alive, we face issues that force questions like "my God, what's this, help me", or "my Lord where do I go from here".

But if we really pay attention to our lives, we find out that, just like the handful spray of corn- God has sent our daily benefits, and those worrisome things fizzle out in no time and we are onto the next one. The grazing two represent those who stay focused on the prize and not easily distracted

Has there been any point, you were so amazed and grateful to God for a testimony in your life, that you asked geniunely asked "my God, what can I do for you today".

Moral of this short encounter is, just like my landlady has been nurturing the giant turkeys for months so as to be eaten by her family or sold during xmas festivities, we humans in turn, have a Living, benevolent and miracle working God who loads us with daily benefits, not fattening us up to be killed, instead for eternal life in His kingdom.

Matthew 9; 37, helps us to understand that, the harvest is ripe, but laborers are few; and its imperative to note that God takes great care of His own, even though tribulations and persecutions may arise. If the turkeys could assist with chores around the house, or simply offer more than just being sweet meat, my landlady might probably find reason to keep them alive after Christmas.

Ephesians 6, especially verse 18 shows a loving Father that accepts His children when they come to Him. So, If you are already familiar with the slogan "God no go shame us", now its time to adjust yourself to "Make we self no shame our God"

So examine yourself today, thank our Father well for his breath of life, love, grace and mercy, before asking, "God, what can I do for you today"

(1) (Reply)

Wizkid Is Apple Music Artist Of The Year / New Covenant Church-iju Center Undergoes All-round Massive Facelift. / Wizkid, Davido, Burna Boy Perform At Tony Elumelu’s Christmas Party - Photos + V

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.