Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Barbados becomes World's newest Republic, removes Queen as Head of State (Pix) - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Barbados becomes World's newest Republic, removes Queen as Head of State (Pix) (48767 Views)

F-35 Becomes World's First Stealth Fighter To Carry Nuclear Weapons (Photos) / Russia Becomes World's Most Sanctioned Country With 14,000 Sanctions (Photos) / Dubai Becomes World's First 100% Paperless Government (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barbados becomes World's newest Republic, removes Queen as Head of State (Pix) by hensben(m): 9:29am On Nov 30, 2021
JOemmy:

British ancestors are really the most adventurous and the most ambitious I wonder how a nation of less than 70m people where able to conquer and colonize half of this world.
Knowledge, wisdom and inventions.
Re: Barbados becomes World's newest Republic, removes Queen as Head of State (Pix) by Regex: 9:30am On Nov 30, 2021
SQLmastar:
Aptly said. Sometimes I wonder if the black race are as intellectually gifted as the whites.
Some analysis need to be done to verify if the blacks are indeed an inferior species.

Once done, although true to the research that will be found, will spark a lot between the white and the black.

That's if they have not carried out the research amongst themselves (white).
Re: Barbados becomes World's newest Republic, removes Queen as Head of State (Pix) by ramatintin(m): 9:31am On Nov 30, 2021
And corruption And bad govt begins in Barbados.
Re: Barbados becomes World's newest Republic, removes Queen as Head of State (Pix) by TMKsouth: 9:53am On Nov 30, 2021
fergie001:
The World's newest Republic

The Queen was represented by her son, Prince Charles who is seen as the future head of the Commonwealth of Nations.

I find her interviews captivating. Impressive voice and demeanor.

Don't know the new president though. So in these cases where there's both a president and PM, who holds the most power - like in Ethiopia and India? Seems like the presidents are more ceremonial in the case of these two countries.

Charles is gonna be a very old 'new' king grin

1 Like

Re: Barbados becomes World's newest Republic, removes Queen as Head of State (Pix) by Banuso99: 9:55am On Nov 30, 2021
tutudesz:
Waiting for Canada and Australia undecided

Will not happen.
Re: Barbados becomes World's newest Republic, removes Queen as Head of State (Pix) by EnemyofGod22(m): 9:56am On Nov 30, 2021
It is high time Nigeria divide,I can't wait to see Idoma republic, imagine this country is not up to my local government Agatu,

1 Like

Re: Barbados becomes World's newest Republic, removes Queen as Head of State (Pix) by iamtardey: 10:05am On Nov 30, 2021
mama I'm going to Barbados

1 Like

Re: Barbados becomes World's newest Republic, removes Queen as Head of State (Pix) by Elbinawi: 10:08am On Nov 30, 2021
BREAKING: Barbados has officially ousted the British queen and has inaugurated its first ever President - now officially the republic of Barbados.

Mee:

The refreshing good news this morning. After 55 years of independence from the evil British colonialism, Barbados has dumped the mother of Western hegemony - The woman that has stolen African and Indian gold and diamond on her crown.

It is important to note that Barbados was one of the most ruthless slave plantation in the world. No where in the world were Black slaves from Africa dehumanized like Barbados.

I once got a Book on the Black slaves in Barbados. I read less than 10 pages of that Book & dropped the Book due to the extreme barbarism of how slaves were treated by the British colonialists.

#ElbinawiTweets

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barbados becomes World's newest Republic, removes Queen as Head of State (Pix) by cybriz82(m): 10:09am On Nov 30, 2021
fergie001:
Barbadian singer, Robyn Rihanna Fenty, conferred with a "National Hero of Barbados" award.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPMCQc4Uf1Y

"May you continue to shine like a diamond" - PM Mottley

Wonder how many people Rihanna go kill with her pawpaw like b**B's that night... grin

1 Like

Re: Barbados becomes World's newest Republic, removes Queen as Head of State (Pix) by Corea4king(m): 10:10am On Nov 30, 2021
Kissiemu:

I don't think that it can ever happen. The whites in Australia and Canada are Britons.

You mean Australia and Canada are not republic Country, pls enlight me .
Re: Barbados becomes World's newest Republic, removes Queen as Head of State (Pix) by Focusmind: 10:17am On Nov 30, 2021
With the disappointing run of form of our Politicians since independence, do you think that British rule over Nigeria up to the 1990s would have been better for Nigeria? Me, I think so. The incompetence of Nigerian leaders sometimes made me regret the independence of Nigeria at that early stage. I believe that continuous British rule up till the 90s would have been more impactful than this appalling performance from our leaders.
Re: Barbados becomes World's newest Republic, removes Queen as Head of State (Pix) by InvertedHammer: 10:26am On Nov 30, 2021
/
No Independence.

They just have a Black President.

Britain will still be calling the shots.

Anglophones and Francophones are still answerable to England and France respectively. That's why Nigerian Presidential hopefuls are quick to run to Chatham House to solicit support while Francophones in Africa still have France printing and controlling their currency.

/

1 Like

Re: Barbados becomes World's newest Republic, removes Queen as Head of State (Pix) by DaveHarry(m): 10:28am On Nov 30, 2021
This Australia, Canada and New Zealand wey still dey under Queen Elizabeth II shock me o.

No wonder they only have prime minister as their head of government.
Re: Barbados becomes World's newest Republic, removes Queen as Head of State (Pix) by Decryptor(m): 10:35am On Nov 30, 2021
God1000:
Congrats to them, I'm patiently waiting for igede republic which will happen very soon.

Continue dreaming
Re: Barbados becomes World's newest Republic, removes Queen as Head of State (Pix) by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 10:40am On Nov 30, 2021
DawnStudios:

We're still being ruled by the whites and their proxies, no independence.
Re: Barbados becomes World's newest Republic, removes Queen as Head of State (Pix) by chrisxxx(m): 10:50am On Nov 30, 2021
Sheriman:

That's why they were called The Great Britain!! conqueror of many island and countries in the world. Towards the advent of Industrial Revolution the Europeans countries need massive resources and cheap labour to start developing their countries. So, they thought they couldn't be the only one living on this planet. They started embarking on a different exploration voyage around the world to discovered so many island and countries, meeting the natives. Most of these journey were successfully finance by their monarchical system of government something black people will failed to do because we don't like investing on something we would not see immediate result. During this period, explorer jobs was like HOT cake job just like working in an oil company this days. Many whites were willing to take the job to travel on a very long distance on a ship for years on the Atlantic ocean looking for colonies because of the huge amount pay they will got and the total respect they will earn. They had with them so many men of different fields and profession such as doctors, mathematician, engineers, map readers and interpreter, soldiers, nurses, captains, naval officers, cooks, e.t.c. Although, during these their voyage on Atlantic ocean, hundreds of these men died before reaching the chores of Africa due to unfavorable weather condition at sea not only that some contacted disease immediately they land on African soil for the first time but does not discouraged them from discovering many nation and achieving their aims and objective to colonized Africa, shipped so many African people and it's resources for approximately more than 400 years. This European white people are just too adventurous and fully well determined to enslaved more than half of the world.
After discovering the importance and riches gaining from stealing African resources and enslaving African countries, this moved many rich whites especially from the royal families and some well to do people among them to began the slave trade business and this gave colonization of Africa more widely, recognition, popularity, support to finance more exploration of many undiscovered countries just to shipped in millions of Africa to Europe and America. The white can't do all these alone so they need some natives to help them with language interpretations for easy business transactions, deals, to sign treaties and agreement with traditional African Kings. They had taken and selected some blacks men for that job after their first successfully voyage on African soil.
This trans Atlantic Slave trade exit between 15th century to 19th century. The majority of those who were enslaved and transported in the transatlantic slave trade were people from Central and west Africa that had been sold by other West Africans to Western European slave traders while others had been captured directly by the slave traders in coastal raids. Europeans gathered and imprisoned the enslaved at forts on the African coast and then brought them to the America and Europe. What also made the European slave traders to be successful in their business was that Africans Kings of the majority tribes were waging war against the minority tribes over supremacy. victims of war were sold to slavery, some corrupt and greedy African wealthy people formed alliance with the European slave traders in exchange of goodies to raid other Africans minority tribes just to sold them as slaves. Although, we still had few African Kings who fought and fought to fight the European slave traders from enslaving them but unfortunately, they were defeated due to European sophisticated military weapons even as at that time. So definitely, all of them including the King himself and his entire family be will sold to slavery. Such as we have in Nigeria King Jaja of Opobo and some Kings in Western/Eastern Africa countries.
Any African King who tried to resist against the European slave traders were forcefully removed from the throne by forming a rebellion with others African tribes who had seen favour of the whites
I hope I have done little justice to your curiosity.
You did justice. You are well read although you need to work on your English tenses.
Re: Barbados becomes World's newest Republic, removes Queen as Head of State (Pix) by Sammies25: 10:55am On Nov 30, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV8hfBA1_bc
Barbados declares singer Rihanna a national
hero at its republican celebration
Barbados has declared singer Robyn Rihanna Fenty, better
known as Rihanna, a national hero during its republican
celebrations in Bridgetown.
Pesident-elect Dame Sandra Mason is set to become head
of state after the country announced last year it would
abolish its ties to the monarchy.
Rihanna attended the declaration of the republic and
inauguration ceremony for Mason in her hometown of
Bridgetown on Tuesday, November 30.
The honour of National Hero of Barbados was bestowed on
her by prime minister, Mia Mottley.
Re: Barbados becomes World's newest Republic, removes Queen as Head of State (Pix) by showafrica(m): 11:19am On Nov 30, 2021
God1000:
Congrats to them, I'm patiently waiting for igede republic which will happen very soon.

Supported, Nigeria needs to have peace along ethnic lines. This British contraption is not healthy. Foolish Nigerians defending British company with AK47.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Barbados becomes World's newest Republic, removes Queen as Head of State (Pix) by Rick9(m): 11:23am On Nov 30, 2021
Canada should follow next. I don't know why a big country like that would be under the hegemony of Great Britain and exercising political suzerainty over their affairs.
Canada should declare full autonomy biko.
Re: Barbados becomes World's newest Republic, removes Queen as Head of State (Pix) by fergie001: 11:23am On Nov 30, 2021
TMKsouth:
I find her interviews captivating. Impressive voice and demeanor.

Don't know the new president though. So in these cases where there's both a president and PM, who holds the most power - like in Ethiopia and India? Seems like the presidents are more ceremonial in the case of these two countries.

Charles is gonna be a very old 'new' king grin
The PM is Head of Govt
The President is Head of State

President or Head-of-State is largely ceremonial.

Sandra Mason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEBK6481pv4
Re: Barbados becomes World's newest Republic, removes Queen as Head of State (Pix) by TMKsouth: 11:29am On Nov 30, 2021
fergie001:

The PM is Head of Govt
The President is Head of State

President or Head-of-State is largely ceremonial.

Sandra Mason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEBK6481pv4

She got jokes (Good morning!) cheesy

Nice accent - they both have deep voices.

Best of luck to the world's newest Republic.
Re: Barbados becomes World's newest Republic, removes Queen as Head of State (Pix) by Smithcole70(m): 11:43am On Nov 30, 2021
Naso we clamor for the independent that time be this ooo. So sad.
Re: Barbados becomes World's newest Republic, removes Queen as Head of State (Pix) by fergie001: 11:46am On Nov 30, 2021
TMKsouth:

She got jokes (Good morning!) cheesy

Nice accent - they both have deep voices.

Best of luck to the world's newest Republic.
Others are in queue as well.....Jamaica for a start.......

I don't just like their accent.....I love it!
Re: Barbados becomes World's newest Republic, removes Queen as Head of State (Pix) by Billygee2u: 11:51am On Nov 30, 2021
fergie001:
15 Countries where Queen Elizabeth II is Head of State, referred to as Commonwealth Realms

Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, The Bahamas, Belize, Canada, Grenada, Jamaica, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, the Solomon Islands, Tuvalu, and the United Kingdom.

The last time the Queen was removed as Head of State was in 1992 in Mauritius, however, other Carribean nations will be in close watch.

Jamaica PM, Andrew Holness has confirmed it will begin to seek review of its Constitution by 2022. This is expected to signal a start to the process of making the Country a Republic.
Re: Barbados becomes World's newest Republic, removes Queen as Head of State (Pix) by Mrpojj(m): 11:54am On Nov 30, 2021
fergie001:
The World's newest Republic

SOURCE

Queen's Statement:
Without war oh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ey5vNwlvNY

The Queen was represented by her son, Prince Charles who is seen as the future head of the Commonwealth of Nations.
Re: Barbados becomes World's newest Republic, removes Queen as Head of State (Pix) by Lionessza6(f): 11:54am On Nov 30, 2021
fergie001:
Sandra Mason, the first woman to be admitted to bar in the Country and the first person to be so elected President of the Republic of Barbados.

Poor citizens, I'm sure they believe this man in a dress will save them cheesy.

Why does " Prince " Charlse have hips? wink
Re: Barbados becomes World's newest Republic, removes Queen as Head of State (Pix) by Billygee2u: 11:55am On Nov 30, 2021
9jayes:
Congrats, biafra next
Re: Barbados becomes World's newest Republic, removes Queen as Head of State (Pix) by fergie001: 11:55am On Nov 30, 2021
Lionessza6:
Poor citizens, I'm sure they believe this man in a dress will save them cheesy.

Why does " Prince " Charlse have hips? wink
Hips grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Barbados becomes World's newest Republic, removes Queen as Head of State (Pix) by Lionessza6(f): 11:57am On Nov 30, 2021
fergie001:

Hips grin grin grin grin grin grin

LMFAO,yes Charles is unusually getting wider in that area grin grin.....I wonder why grin
Re: Barbados becomes World's newest Republic, removes Queen as Head of State (Pix) by jeff1607(m): 11:59am On Nov 30, 2021
What’s on my mind is their visa
Re: Barbados becomes World's newest Republic, removes Queen as Head of State (Pix) by codemaniacs: 12:00pm On Nov 30, 2021
JOemmy:

British ancestors are really the most adventurous and the most ambitious I wonder how a nation of less than 70m people where able to conquer and colonize half of this world.

it has nothing to do with been "the most adventurous and the most ambitious" but savagery and terrorism.... don't ever in your life call terrorism and savagery as adventure and ambition.. Just because they are m:uslims does not mean they are terrorists and savages....

you said "I wonder how a nation of less than 70m people where able to conquer and colonize half of this world."..

the answer is simple using yourself and your family as example, Do you own w:eapons? Do any of your family members own w:eapons?

If your answer is no then it means you're a peaceful person and your family is a peaceful family...

Now imagine a group of savages and terrorists that you call "adventurous and ambitious" invading your peaceful house and your peaceful family in order to steal, kill, rape and pillage you and your family and take over your lands and your wealth and tell me if you and your family members will win such a battle
Re: Barbados becomes World's newest Republic, removes Queen as Head of State (Pix) by fergie001: 12:00pm On Nov 30, 2021
Lionessza6:
LMFAO,yes Charles is unusually getting wider in that area grin grin.....I wonder why grin
He doesn't exercise obviously, his dad was much more fit even at older age.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Should Put China's Flag On F-22 Jets & Bomb Russia - Trump Advises U.S (Pics) / Next Stage Is Coming - Netanyahu Addresses Troops / Ukraine’s Guns Are Now In Range Of Izium. That’s Bad News For Russia.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.