Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,267 members, 7,954,040 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:19 AM

Cristiano Ronaldo Disputes Ballon D'or Organiser's Claim About Outdoing Messi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo Disputes Ballon D'or Organiser's Claim About Outdoing Messi (307 Views)

Messi Responds To Mbappé's Claim About Euros Vs World Cup / Ronaldo's Response To Pascal Ferré's Claim About Ballon D'or & Messi / Ronaldo Makes Shock Claim About Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo's Ballon D'or Wins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cristiano Ronaldo Disputes Ballon D'or Organiser's Claim About Outdoing Messi by ILoveDemMANNA: 10:49am On Nov 30, 2021
Cristiano Ronaldo has accused the France Football editor of lying after he said the Portuguese's only ambition was to retire with more Ballons d'Or than Lionel Messi.

Ballon d'Or organiser Pascal Ferre made the claim to the New York Times.

Paris St-Germain's Messi won his seventh Ballon d'Or on Monday, with five-time winner Ronaldo voted sixth.

"I always win for myself and for the clubs I represent," said Manchester United forward Ronaldo.

"I win for myself and for those who love me. I don't win against someone."

On Friday, Ferre told the New York Times: "Ronaldo has only one ambition, and that is to retire with more Ballons d'Or than Messi - and I know that because he has told me."

Ronaldo responded on social media, saying: "Pascal Ferre lied, he used my name to promote himself and to promote the publication he works for.

"It is unacceptable that the person responsible for awarding such a prestigious prize could lie in this way, in absolute disrespect for someone who has always respected France Football and the Ballon d'Or.

"The biggest ambition of my career is to win national and international titles for the clubs I represent and for the national team in my country

The biggest ambition of my career is to leave my name written in golden letters in the history of world football."

Putellas wins Women's Ballon d'Or

The Ballon d'Or - awarded to the best footballer of the year - is voted for by 180 journalists worldwide and presented by France Football.

Messi had already won the trophy more times than any other player and his seventh success comes after wins in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015 and 2019.

Ronaldo, who last won the award in 2017, finished outside the top five for the first time since 2010.

Either Messi or Ronaldo has collected the award every year from 2008 to 2019, apart from in 2018 when Croatia midfielder Luka Modric won.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59473338

Mukina2. Dominique. Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Disputes Ballon D'or Organiser's Claim About Outdoing Messi by Simdyofficial(f): 11:02am On Nov 30, 2021
Assuming ronaldo was in Chelsea and also in the Italian team like Jorginho that won major trophies.. Would messi have won the balloon d'or? Or if he had scored more goals and humiliated messi's team in UCL. Would messi have won? Balloon d'or is trash. This is not the first time
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Disputes Ballon D'or Organiser's Claim About Outdoing Messi by ILoveDemMANNA: 11:04am On Nov 30, 2021
Osondi.
Owendi.
Brb....

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Disputes Ballon D'or Organiser's Claim About Outdoing Messi by WibusJaga: 12:12pm On Nov 30, 2021

Why are these people hell bent on soiling Ronaldo's name & image?
Na so I see a whole Ronaldo the other day somewhere in Iyana-Ipaja selling titus fish & gizzard.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

'hopefully He Got The Date Wrong' - Tuchel Laughs Off Rangnick Claim Over Chelse / Ralf Rangnick Accused Of Repeating Ole Solskjaer's Ronaldo Mistake / 5 Sure Odds Today And For 7 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.