Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

How To Avoid Paying For Survey Plan Twice When Buying A Property - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Avoid Paying For Survey Plan Twice When Buying A Property (367 Views)

The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan / ORIGINAL SURVEY PLAN,BUILDING PLAN DOCUMENT,BUILDING APPROVAL & CONSTRUTION / How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Avoid Paying For Survey Plan Twice When Buying A Property by drewe20(m): 12:02pm On Nov 30, 2021
One of the checks you need to do before buying a property is Survey Plan Check. It is important to ensure the survey plan of the seller is in agreement with the property he wants to sell to you.

If you buy a property that has an existing C of O or Governor’s Consent title and the survey plan is not correct, you will not be able to get your own title from the government until that survey plan has been corrected. If you don’t detect the survey plan is faulty before the conclusion of the transaction, it becomes a problem for you because in most cases the seller will not be willing to pay for the correction of the survey plan after he has been paid for the property. In fact, I have never seen a case where the seller was willing to pay for the correction of his survey plan. Correction of the survey plan will also require a Deed of Rectification in order to effect the correction on the title documents and this process takes time and money.

It is in your own best interest to confirm that the seller’s survey plan is correct before making full payment. If it is not correct, you can both agree on how to share the expenses to make the correction before you conclude the transaction.

www.oticsurveys.com/blog

Follow us now
Twitter @oticsurveys
Instagram @oticsurveys
Re: How To Avoid Paying For Survey Plan Twice When Buying A Property by Indigbo: 10:12pm On Mar 06
drewe20:
One of the checks you need to do before buying a property is Survey Plan Check. It is important to ensure the survey plan of the seller is in agreement with the property he wants to sell to you.

If you buy a property that has an existing C of O or Governor’s Consent title and the survey plan is not correct, you will not be able to get your own title from the government until that survey plan has been corrected. If you don’t detect the survey plan is faulty before the conclusion of the transaction, it becomes a problem for you because in most cases the seller will not be willing to pay for the correction of the survey plan after he has been paid for the property. In fact, I have never seen a case where the seller was willing to pay for the correction of his survey plan. Correction of the survey plan will also require a Deed of Rectification in order to effect the correction on the title documents and this process takes time and money.

It is in your own best interest to confirm that the seller’s survey plan is correct before making full payment. If it is not correct, you can both agree on how to share the expenses to make the correction before you conclude the transaction.

www.oticsurveys.com/blog

Follow us now
Twitter @oticsurveys
Instagram @oticsurveys

How about a case where i have already bought the property with existing C of O and the seller already received full payment and i later discovered that the survey plan is not correct. Is it legal for me to go ahead and do the Deed of Rectification without the consent of the previous owner of the property who sold it to me? Lastly, what is the current cost of Deed of Rectification? Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

5 Bedroom Detached Apartment @ Ologolo, Lekki, Lagos / ₦395M: 5 Bedrooms Detached Duplex For Sale At Osapa London(Photos) / A 15 Bedroom Fully Detached Mansion With A 3rms Service Quarters In Asokoro ABUJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.