Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,856 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job (27869 Views)

Finally Got Job From One Of The Two Jobs I Rejected / Interested And Qualified To Work On The Egina FPSO / Help !!! Total Egina Fpso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by sofiscatedmoron: 5:41pm On Dec 01, 2021
I earn 4500$ monthly

1 Like

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by BabaIbo: 5:43pm On Dec 01, 2021
Well, you tried by showing and standing up for your worth.

But ehn, what is the purpose of this post?
Is it to showcase your qualification or the amount you rejected as pay?

I know people that their highest education level is secondary school and are making hundreds of millions monthly in their various businesses.

I know people that obtained their BSc, MSc, PhD and professorship from foreign universities.

So, I ask again, what is the purpose of this post?

1 Like

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by thundafire: 5:43pm On Dec 01, 2021
MARSONE:
So a friend sent me a job advert on LinkedIn of a firm looking for a Steam experienced 3rd marine engineer to work on an FPSO in Nigeria.

I sent out my CV to the firm and they got back to me 4 days later asking me to look at the pay scale and reaffirm if they should proceed with the process.

Looking at the pay scale, it was way below what I was expecting and I had to reject it with the below message.

I will be willing to discuss further if the pay is in dollars and monthly take home is above $3500.

NB:

I am UK schooled with all the necessary certifications and very well experienced in my field with double digit years (12 years) experience.
show us ur account balance and I hope u are not washing plates in a restaurant in London by day and security by night

2 Likes

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by rickyboss333: 5:43pm On Dec 01, 2021
I still don't understand the essence of this post. How did this make front page?
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by BruncleZuma: 5:44pm On Dec 01, 2021
Man when sabi him worth...

[img]https://c./wLEvQG_USRAAAAAC/singe-applause.gif[/img]

3 Likes

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by dfrost: 5:45pm On Dec 01, 2021
tunapawizzy:
WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU WANT US TO DO ABOUT THIS NOW...TA LO BERE EJO LOWO E BAYI

cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by cayorday89(m): 5:47pm On Dec 01, 2021
adeakin:
Someone with 12 years work experience that cant even make a coherent post. Nawa o
His humility will not let him write in the English you expect from him, a UK schooled and trained cannot write coherent English is what you are trying to tell me Abi? Boss is humble, take it from me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by BabaIbo: 5:47pm On Dec 01, 2021
Saifullah01:
OP,
Don't mind the negative comment from all these small minds that think everything is for show of. It's because we don't share anything of worth that's why the Nigerian cyberspace is baren and filled with scammer.

Imagine you want to know how much the pay of someone in your industry, with your experience, in Nigeria and all those stuff - This post just partly answers it.

To get this kind of vital info I need to start searching foreign blogs like monster.com, indeed, glassdoor etc. But here we have it and all you guys say is - so what?

Thanks for sharing OP.

OP's post is incomplete, that is the issue.

Since you're OP's spokesperson, let me ask you, what is the purpose of this post and the lesson he is passing?
What is the correlation between $3500 and #9m?
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by Lanretoye(m): 5:47pm On Dec 01, 2021
With your 24years experience...

1 Like

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by cayorday89(m): 5:48pm On Dec 01, 2021
rickyboss333:
I still don't understand the essence of this post. How did this make front page?
Know your worth just in case you are employed to be the P/A of Nigeria's next president.
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by Urchmantete: 5:48pm On Dec 01, 2021
Please how does $3500 and N9 million relate?
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by joeking2222: 5:49pm On Dec 01, 2021
Bubblewitch:
Why the info? Pride goes before a fall
To be sincere with you bro, that does not sound like pride sir. The Op actually knws his worth wit dat wonderful experience he has........firms in other countries might even pay him higher than that, with BETTER LIFE and more condusive environment!!!

2 Likes

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by AutoChick4U(f): 5:49pm On Dec 01, 2021
MARSONE:
So a friend sent me a job advert on LinkedIn of a firm looking for a Steam experienced 3rd marine engineer to work on an FPSO in Nigeria.

I sent out my CV to the firm and they got back to me 4 days later asking me to look at the pay scale and reaffirm if they should proceed with the process.

Looking at the pay scale, it was way below what I was expecting and I had to reject it with the below message.

I will be willing to discuss further if the pay is in dollars and monthly take home is above $3500.

NB:

I am UK schooled with all the necessary certifications and very well experienced in my field with double digit years (12 years) experience.
Hope you currently earning that or more now though
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by ospreywin(m): 5:51pm On Dec 01, 2021
مثلك ألف

Ok we've heard you.
There are hundreds if not thousands of you who are equally qualified and experienced in that same field, the purpose of this thread is what I haven't understood and what the moderator who brought it to Frontpage is thinking.
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by tshtsh: 5:52pm On Dec 01, 2021
MARSONE:

NB:

I guess that is your style. Though I believe where you study is not a strong point for negotiation. Its about the value you are bringing to the job and coming to terms with the other party (your employer). I recently had a series of interviews with a firm (fairly big with close to 10,000 employees) and they made me an offer . I rejected it because I wasnt convinced that it was a good move under the terms offered. I never used the fact that I had degrees from an ancient scottish university . I gave them my reasons: one was that what was offered was less than what I currently earn. They promised to make a counter offer but I reminded them that it had to be a 40%-50% increase because by january 2022 I will qualify for a promotion which will boost my earning. I further told them how I could integrate there systems operations in 5 other countries to their main systems here in Nigeria to reduce their cost of maintaining multiple software systems in the different countries they operate in. I showed them evidence of how I succeeded in a similar feat and the director was well impressed. But HR could not come to terms that I was asking for x amount with just 5 years of experience. I gave them my terms and walked away politely.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by nedekid: 5:56pm On Dec 01, 2021
Bomgirl:
Nice one ....
So how much are you earning now?
Tartie billioyon grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by RubiesBanking: 5:56pm On Dec 01, 2021
MARSONE:

NB:

From your previous post that's around 2020 you indicated your 20 years old, how come you have 12 years experience in your field?

We should be professional enough with our lies please, thank you.

10 Likes

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by Beedude(m): 5:57pm On Dec 01, 2021
preacherz:
Wahala for who no know him worth.

Half baked Hungry Nigerian Engineers looking at this Post like this
FYI , someone earning 750k in Nigeria isnt Hungry abeeg.
Say something else

1 Like

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by Bomgirl(f): 5:59pm On Dec 01, 2021
nedekid:

Tartie billioyon grin

Like the hausas will say, 'na gan alama'
Meaning: I don see the signs. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by billyG(m): 6:01pm On Dec 01, 2021
fashrola:

Are you working onboard LNG tanker vessel?

Taking that FPSO job it's cool even though the pay is very poor, but at least it will boost your CV and give you more time with your family

Or try and get a Motor CoC and get a job in our coastal water, at least with DPVM you get to be paid 1.3 million per month
What DPVM,CoC?
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by SmartyPants(m): 6:01pm On Dec 01, 2021
IvarDboneless:
A lot of illitrate Nigerians don't even know what an FPSO mean...12years experience with a UK certification...u be hot cake bro...I envy you oh

Do you know all the jargon in every other field other than your specialization?

Don't be a silly attention seeker.

9 Likes

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by eseelvis: 6:04pm On Dec 01, 2021
mr uk you writing nonsense. what exchange rate are you using to calculate $3500. if you are using 570 to a $1 the $3500 is 1,995,000 not up to 2m. so you are rejecting 9m to accept 1.9m . how did this topic make fronts page. you mumu don boss
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by Chiffy: 6:09pm On Dec 01, 2021
So why are you now tellimg us?
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by ppogba: 6:09pm On Dec 01, 2021
RubiesBanking:

From your previous post that's around 2020 you indicated your 20 years old, how come you have 12 years experience in your field?

Are you.sure about this?
It can not be true.
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by meobizy(f): 6:10pm On Dec 01, 2021
Don’t forget to update us on the final verdict. The news is half complete.
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by peleson1: 6:11pm On Dec 01, 2021
All the people talking here,u do not know what it takes to be on the sea, the risk ,the certifications are numerous and very expensive and you renew every now and then....
The offer was good but not excellent..
The op was right .
He should be looking at at least 15m a year

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by GboyegaD(m): 6:12pm On Dec 01, 2021
Many responses to this thread shows that indeed Nigerians and bitter.

2 Likes

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by Goalnaldo(m): 6:13pm On Dec 01, 2021
eseelvis:
mr uk you writing nonsense. what exchange rate are you using to calculate $3500. if you are using 570 to a $1 the $3500 is 1,995,000 not up to 2m. so you are rejecting 9m to accept 1.9m . how did this topic make fronts page. you mumu don boss
I'm guessing the 9m is annually while the #3500 is monthly

1 Like

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by Ppgg: 6:15pm On Dec 01, 2021
Really
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by Saifullah01: 6:15pm On Dec 01, 2021
BabaIbo:

OP's post is incomplete, that is the issue.

Since you're OP's spokesperson, let me ask you, what is the purpose of this post and the lesson he is passing?
What is the correlation between $3500 and #9m?
He owes no one no further explanation neither do I. If the information is useful to you, fine. If not, pass. If you want further info, ask politely. But like I said he doesn't owe any one any explanation
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by Pataricatering(f): 6:16pm On Dec 01, 2021
tshtsh:

I guess that is your style. Though I believe where you study is not a strong point for negotiation. Its about the value you are bringing to the job and coming to terms with the other party (your employer). I recently had a series of interviews with a firm (fairly big with close to 10,000 employees) and they made me an offer . I rejected it because I wasnt convinced that it was a good move under the terms offered. I never used the fact that I had degrees from an ancient scottish university . I gave them my reasons: one was that what was offered was less than what I currently earn. They promised to make a counter offer but I reminded them that it had to be a 40%-50% increase because by january 2022 I will qualify for a promotion which will boost my earning. I further told them how I could integrate there systems operations in 5 other countries to their main systems here in Nigeria to reduce their cost of maintaining multiple software systems in the different countries they operate in. I showed them evidence of how I succeeded in a similar feat and the director was well impressed. But HR could not come to terms that I was asking for x amount with just 5 years of experience. I gave them my terms and walked away politely.
now this makes sense - there is a beginning , there is a conclusion and lessons to be learnt
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by GboyegaD(m): 6:17pm On Dec 01, 2021
RubiesBanking:

Did you read that post objectively or you just want to tarnish his image at all cost.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos / Excuses You Give To Get Out Of Work To Attend A Job Interview? / Is The Nigeria Custom Service Recruiting For This Year,2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.