Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,233 members, 7,818,782 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Court Declares Emir Sanusi’s Banishment As Unlawful - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Court Declares Emir Sanusi’s Banishment As Unlawful (30021 Views)

Emir Sanusi Took His Family To Cinema In UK (Photos) / Emir Sanusi Returns From London, Welcomed In Style As He Arrives Kano / Man Who Visited Emir Sanusi’s Library In Kano Is Shocked (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Declares Emir Sanusi’s Banishment As Unlawful by deepdeep(m): 4:32pm On Nov 30, 2021
iykejohnson:

I totally disagree with you, it can happen anywhere.

If I were told earlier that Former CBN Governor Sanusi would be dethroned from his EMIRship. I wouldn't have agreed but it happened

Crazy things are happening in the zoo o lipsrsealed
Re: Court Declares Emir Sanusi’s Banishment As Unlawful by Blue3k(m): 4:33pm On Nov 30, 2021
Nigeria cases move so slow how ling ago was this incident to begin with. The judge should have come to this obvious judgment within minutes of hearing the arguments.
Re: Court Declares Emir Sanusi’s Banishment As Unlawful by IbadeHQ: 4:41pm On Nov 30, 2021
Racoon:
Gandollar cup is getting fuller.

Fuller indeed!

1 Like

Re: Court Declares Emir Sanusi’s Banishment As Unlawful by timchogon81: 4:52pm On Nov 30, 2021
Judge got it right until he mentioned apology and damages.

Who will pay? Who will apologise,?
Re: Court Declares Emir Sanusi’s Banishment As Unlawful by ginggerxy: 5:11pm On Nov 30, 2021
othermen:
The removal of Sanusi gives insight into the latitude of our Obas, Emirs and Obis. They serve at the pleasure of the governor, and not at the pleasure or interest of their people.

His removal, especially the reason for his removal is also an indictment , as to how powerful corruption is.

I somewhat thought that the Kano people will take to the street for their Emir, but the conservative Kano also saw Sanusi as a threat.

His broad mindedness, his desire for the education of his people, his desire to demand for good governance on behalf of his people threatened the solidarity that is solidified by poverty and illiteracy of the people.

And so, soon, the northern elites became threatened, there could be no appeal to anyone then.
he was about to lead a revolution in the north that was the reason the they ganged up to remove him . They said he doesn't understand the consequences of being a traditional ruler he only enjoyed the previllage that comes with his office but won't accept the responsibility that comes with as well
Re: Court Declares Emir Sanusi’s Banishment As Unlawful by Rexwalters1: 5:13pm On Nov 30, 2021
Sunofgod:
Lol...sharia Court will overturn this....
The white man knew the black man will not read, that is why he hid knowledge in books, go & read your constitution 1999 as amended then you would realize how naive you have been shouting Hausa Fulani is disturbing me, President Buhari these, President Buhari that.

1 Like

Re: Court Declares Emir Sanusi’s Banishment As Unlawful by onuman: 5:13pm On Nov 30, 2021
bjdon:
Little, by little, the country will mvoe from the fedual stone age, into the present. How can you 'banish' somebody within his own country in this day and age?

Stone Age punishment.
Re: Court Declares Emir Sanusi’s Banishment As Unlawful by Rexwalters1: 5:14pm On Nov 30, 2021
bjdon:
Little, by little, the country will mvoe from the fedual stone age, into the present. How can you 'banish' somebody within his own country in this day and age?
You can according to Native law & customs but we have a Constitution Oyibos man law which states otherwise, the Constitution is cardinal whatever it says is final.

Same section of the constitution Sanusi used to get his victory is the same section Herdsmen will use in their own victory also. The constitution guarantees them their liberty as Nigerians.
Re: Court Declares Emir Sanusi’s Banishment As Unlawful by Carlylepneuma: 5:15pm On Nov 30, 2021
Dogmatic issues...
Re: Court Declares Emir Sanusi’s Banishment As Unlawful by Abdulsaddiq: 5:16pm On Nov 30, 2021
Whosever wants to drive with tradition must obey it rules and regulations. Sanusi must have accepted there terms and conditions before accepting the crown. Ask him
Re: Court Declares Emir Sanusi’s Banishment As Unlawful by jaxxy(m): 5:19pm On Nov 30, 2021
Their business. Both of them get wahala.
Re: Court Declares Emir Sanusi’s Banishment As Unlawful by Rexwalters1: 5:19pm On Nov 30, 2021
Abdulsaddiq:
Whosever wants to drive with tradition must obey it rules and regulations. Sanusi must have accepted there terms and conditions before accepting the crown. Ask him
No doubt but once he reports to the court that it violates the provisions of the Nigerian constitution it is null & avoid ab initio.
Re: Court Declares Emir Sanusi’s Banishment As Unlawful by Aframs(m): 5:36pm On Nov 30, 2021
Tetrahedron:
Imagine a bribe collecting gov, judging another person
Anyway hypocrisy is their way of life!

It make my day..

APC lying machine Rebooting

he he he

Re: Court Declares Emir Sanusi’s Banishment As Unlawful by MikkieEl: 6:30pm On Nov 30, 2021
expertman:
But he can never be reinstated nah ?
Wait till Ganduje vacates power first.
Re: Court Declares Emir Sanusi’s Banishment As Unlawful by iykejohnson(m): 7:12pm On Nov 30, 2021
Blue3k:
Nigeria cases move so slow how ling ago was this incident to begin with. The judge should have come to this obvious judgment within minutes of hearing the arguments.
My brother, you are right.
Slow judgement
Re: Court Declares Emir Sanusi’s Banishment As Unlawful by izubext007: 7:17pm On Nov 30, 2021
Please he should come back to start firing ganduje with is literate mouths
Re: Court Declares Emir Sanusi’s Banishment As Unlawful by rolams(m): 7:29pm On Nov 30, 2021
Double defeat for Ganduje as Shekarau Exco has been confirmed by law.
Re: Court Declares Emir Sanusi’s Banishment As Unlawful by zoedew: 7:29pm On Nov 30, 2021
Sound legal advise for Gov Ganduje is to simply approach a court of competent jurisdiction to bind Ex-Emir of Kano Sanusi over to keep the peace. When a Lawyer tells him what that means he will behave himself wisely.
Re: Court Declares Emir Sanusi’s Banishment As Unlawful by zoedew: 7:31pm On Nov 30, 2021
Rexwalters1:
No doubt but once he reports to the court that it violates the provisions of the Nigerian constitution it is null & avoid ab initio.
Nope! Volenti non fit injuria!!
Re: Court Declares Emir Sanusi’s Banishment As Unlawful by Emperor5(m): 7:41pm On Nov 30, 2021
Sharia lawyers quota system can't agree with the judgment
Re: Court Declares Emir Sanusi’s Banishment As Unlawful by drololaaof: 10:34pm On Nov 30, 2021
Lobatan Gandudolar.
Re: Court Declares Emir Sanusi’s Banishment As Unlawful by tgarbs(m): 11:16pm On Nov 30, 2021
Hmmm......I hope say this judge no go lose him job sha........with that decision he made...
Re: Court Declares Emir Sanusi’s Banishment As Unlawful by ifiokjohn(m): 11:21pm On Nov 30, 2021
othermen:
The removal of Sanusi gives insight into the latitude of our Obas, Emirs and Obis. They serve at the pleasure of the governor, and not at the pleasure or interest of their people.

His removal, especially the reason for his removal is also an indictment , as to how powerful corruption is.

I somewhat thought that the Kano people will take to the street for their Emir, but the conservative Kano also saw Sanusi as a threat.

His broad mindedness, his desire for the education of his people, his desire to demand for good governance on behalf of his people threatened the solidarity that is solidified by poverty and illiteracy of the people.

And so, soon, the northern elites became threatened, there could be no appeal to anyone then.
Not Oba of Benin. That one dey above any Governnor to be brought in Edo. Any Governnor where remove Oba of Benin no go last long for sit, Dem go kill m comot. Infact He no even fit,. Benins take their Oba like God.
Re: Court Declares Emir Sanusi’s Banishment As Unlawful by collinometricx: 1:31am On Dec 01, 2021
iykejohnson:

I totally disagree with you, it can happen anywhere.

If I were told earlier that Former CBN Governor Sanusi would be dethroned from his EMIRship. I wouldn't have agreed but it happened

I know it can happen anywhere but not in edo state..
The governor no go bold tho he has the power.
Re: Court Declares Emir Sanusi’s Banishment As Unlawful by Johnman46: 1:32am On Dec 01, 2021
This video is very important you must watch this if you want to live in council shared or private house subscribe comments and share....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WN3B4pTPqY
Re: Court Declares Emir Sanusi’s Banishment As Unlawful by Nobody: 1:38am On Dec 01, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Will that useless Ganduje pay ? Mtchwww...lawless nation

His time is coming. 2023 is round the corner.
Re: Court Declares Emir Sanusi’s Banishment As Unlawful by Billygee2u: 3:20am On Dec 01, 2021
tamdun:
Yinmu, that throne is gone for good
he deserved what he got .
He's the originator of where Nigerians are today,by raising false alarms against GEJ in order to return power to the Jihadists
Re: Court Declares Emir Sanusi’s Banishment As Unlawful by Billygee2u: 3:25am On Dec 01, 2021
adenigga:

He's not fighting for reinstatement but banishment for him not to enter Kano again, his State o
The case will be on till Gandollars finish his tenure
Re: Court Declares Emir Sanusi’s Banishment As Unlawful by iykejohnson(m): 7:56am On Dec 01, 2021
collinometricx:

I know it can happen anywhere but not in edo state..
The governor no go bold "tho he has the power"
You have actually affirmed it
Re: Court Declares Emir Sanusi’s Banishment As Unlawful by iykejohnson(m): 8:05am On Dec 01, 2021
ifiokjohn:
Not Oba of Benin. That one dey above any Governnor to be brought in Edo. Any Governnor where remove Oba of Benin no go last long for sit, Dem go kill m comot. Infact He no even fit,. Benins take their Oba like God.
Story! He could be removed and nothing would even happen. Not even a shit would happen!
I even heard colonial master's even did remove one.. during the time Nigeria was under British and nothing happened. Tho, not quite sure of this but I heard!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo Celebrates 50th Coronation Anniversary (VIDEO, PICS) / 10th Century Great Wall Of Kano And Associated Structures / Two German Mayors Dressed In Tiv Attire At A German Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.