Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,226 members, 7,815,291 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Men Can Conceive, Give Birth - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Men Can Conceive, Give Birth (2359 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Can Conceive, Give Birth by spora(m): 8:30am On Jul 27, 2007
Renowned obstetrician and pioneer of in vitro fertilisation unit at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Prof. Osato Giwa-Osagie, has said men should start preparing themselves to have babies just like women in future.

He said this was possible with advances in the science of Assisted Reproductive Technologies world-wide. The art of producing children through the fertilisation of eggs by sperm in a laboratory, known as IVF, holds the key to solving most of the age-long problems associated with infertility. With ART it was possible for men to have babies like women. 

According to him ”Men could have pregnancy just like women. A man could be put on large doses of oestrogens. A donated egg can be fertilised with sperm and the embryo can now be injected into the man‘s abdomen to achieve abdominal pregnancy.

”Abdominal pregnancy occurs in women and also outside of a womb. So, theoretically, it can also occur in men.”

What Do you say to this.
Re: Men Can Conceive, Give Birth by naijadiva2(f): 8:54am On Jul 27, 2007
this is every womens' dream come true.
Re: Men Can Conceive, Give Birth by karlken(m): 10:46am On Jul 27, 2007
Theoritically hilarious but practically complex! shocked shocked.Proff. na waaoooh.Prof don talk now.Lets lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed!
Re: Men Can Conceive, Give Birth by vigasimple(m): 11:49am On Jul 28, 2007
I think that the proffesor is having brain problem.

Theoretically it is possible but there are so many reasons why it is impossible in a practical sense.

1. Non abdominal preganacy is referrred to as ectopic pregnacy and even in women it is dangerous.

2. Men becoming pregnant would simple undo God's work as that is not what the Good God intended and would serve the 'dreams' of feminist like NIAJA DIVA and no other purpose. In retospect women may even become of less value.

3. Men appreciate what women goes through in Pregnancy, if Men were to be pregnant it simply would not serve any purpose except their artificial pregnancy of BEER BELLY. If is to let Men understand what they go through Men knew already(vast majority)

4. Then how will they deliver except by ceaserian as they don't have the natural routes to deliver it(as in case of women through Thier privates)

Too much book sometimes turn an intelligent person to a complete dump, and they begin to beleive in the power of science rather power of the Almighty God.

May God be with us and bless us and help people like our dear Professor.
Re: Men Can Conceive, Give Birth by doctorb1(f): 11:19pm On Jul 28, 2007
relief for gay couples cheesy
Re: Men Can Conceive, Give Birth by geegee(f): 5:47pm On Sep 14, 2007
that wiil be great because im not ready for babies yet but my husband is grin grin grin
Re: Men Can Conceive, Give Birth by angolag(m): 10:45am On Sep 16, 2007
What is this world turning into?If even it happens,Its going to be very complex and artificial.The Idea should be droped.God has ordained women to begot children and not men.Its so senseless angry
Re: Men Can Conceive, Give Birth by tommyex(m): 9:43am On Sep 18, 2007
JEEZ

THESE SCIENTISTS SHOULD LET US BE OO,MAYBE ITS D MALE MONKEY THAT WILL GIVE BIRTH NOT US.
GIRLS U BETTER JUS DONT PRAY A FORBIDDEN PRAYER,MY GOD WONT LET US ADD THAT PAIN D OUR ALREADY PONDROUS WORK LOAD.

GEEGEE

I BEG I NO WAN LAUGH

NAIJA DIVA

THESE KIND OF DREAMS CAN NEVER COME TRUE,SO JUS GET PREPARED 4 9MONTHS DUTY OK!

+IF I CATCH THAT PROFESSOR,OK I NO FIT SHOUT
Re: Men Can Conceive, Give Birth by tommyex(m): 9:47am On Sep 18, 2007
SPIRO I MEAN SPORA

U MEDICINE FREAK,TELL UR PROFESSOR O,AM SURE U D 1 SEF

HOW SWEET N SEXY U LL LOOK WITH A BIG TUMMY OF BABIES(U LL LOOK BETA DAN A BIG TUMMY WITH GUINESS/GULDER)

PLS PASS UR PIX
LMAO
Re: Men Can Conceive, Give Birth by angolag(m): 6:47pm On Sep 19, 2007
@Spora
Send your source of information for more verification.Where it is scientifically proven
Re: Men Can Conceive, Give Birth by dearfriend: 9:46am On Oct 01, 2007
Really this would be the most welcome development especially for those men who do not appreciate their wives when they have all females or all males, some of those men dont even bother to come to the hospital to see the women just because they already know the sex of the baby. I wish this research would begin immediately so they can experience the pain of delivery through which ever method, whether CS or through their anus. And infact, role reversal laws should also be established making it compulsory for the men to now take up the conception roles.

1 Like

Re: Men Can Conceive, Give Birth by Adeadeleke(m): 12:26pm On Mar 14, 2008
Not on earth lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Men Can Conceive, Give Birth by kenflipper(m): 10:25pm On Mar 14, 2008
Re: Men Can Conceive, Give Birth by hahaha2(m): 4:59pm On Mar 16, 2008
I wish this research would begin immediately so they can experience the pain of delivery through which ever method, whether CS or through their anus.
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Ohh the HORROR!!!
Re: Men Can Conceive, Give Birth by Nobody: 4:15am On Mar 17, 2008
@post
goooooooooooood!!! i dey fear for my husband o, because he better be ready to carry baby for belle ooooooo grin grin
Re: Men Can Conceive, Give Birth by kathyekiti: 10:56pm On Mar 22, 2008
I think the professor is just overly exuberant. Abdominal pregnancies are extremely dangerous because the placenta acts like a parasite and burrows into essential organs. That said, as a physician. As a wife, hmm, grin
Re: Men Can Conceive, Give Birth by Ella2(f): 9:51pm On Mar 23, 2008
I think the fact that an African, not to talk of a Nigerian is thinking of exploring the possibility of a man giving birth, goes to show how degenerate our society is proving to be. It is unnatural, an abomination, but then, wrong has a way of due to constant practice, assuming the role of right. I pray it will never happen, but knowing man, his ego, i think the tower of Babel will repaet itself again, though in a different form.
Re: Men Can Conceive, Give Birth by dreu2fine(m): 12:26pm On Mar 24, 2008
hi,e bi like the end time don reach true true
this is innatural,thank gods say god no be man.
Re: Men Can Conceive, Give Birth by clemcykul(f): 2:48pm On Mar 25, 2008
wat a strange world we live in
Re: Men Can Conceive, Give Birth by torture: 1:31pm On Mar 26, 2008
The prof just want to be heard. its both theortically and literally impossible.there is no place in a man's body a foetus can adapt and develop.
Re: Men Can Conceive, Give Birth by TOYOSI20(f): 3:53pm On Mar 26, 2008
shocked. , . . , . .Wonders shall never end.
Re: Men Can Conceive, Give Birth by randy(m): 1:50pm On Mar 27, 2008
dat prof. na prof of what juju or ,

true, true he is mad, crazy and all of them,

GOD PUNISH UNAH WEY DEY BRING DIS KIND IDEA INTO MAN/WOMAN
Re: Men Can Conceive, Give Birth by tglaz(m): 2:46pm On Apr 09, 2008
a BIG relieve to some of the ladies out there.
Re: Men Can Conceive, Give Birth by sexyiyke(m): 10:14pm On Nov 13, 2008
ABSOLUTE RUBBISH.COCK AND BULL STORY[i] cry cry cry cry cry[/i]
Re: Men Can Conceive, Give Birth by sexyiyke(m): 10:17pm On Nov 13, 2008
cry cry cry cry cry
angola_g:

@Spora
Send your source of information for more verification.Where it is scientifically proven

supported
Re: Men Can Conceive, Give Birth by richdadeze(m): 10:01am On Nov 14, 2008
Whether this is possible or not is meaningless, what we are supposed to ask is what is God saying about this very issue? Truth is that an American man has conceived and delivered, but we have to be very careful not to try to recreate what God has already created. God said that a woman should conceive and a man should be the one to impregnate his wife.Let us be careful because God is watching.

(1) (Reply)

Percentage Of Youths With White/ Grey Hair Is Alarming! / 13.4-Pound Baby Born In Germany Without C-section / How Many Of These Strange Facts About Your Body Do You Know?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.