Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,373 members, 7,836,512 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

If Nigerian Women Were To Pay Men's Groom Price... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If Nigerian Women Were To Pay Men's Groom Price... (921 Views)

Groom Dies On Wedding Day In Jos, Shocked Bride Lands In Hospital / Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb / Lady Advises Nigerian Women To Allow Their Husbands Cheat, Have Sex Outside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Nigerian Women Were To Pay Men's Groom Price... by Truvelisback(m): 6:16pm On Nov 30, 2021
Good day, Fellas. Let's face it. If Nigerian women were to pay men's groom price and do the marriage arrangements, how many women out there would have been able to do so? I asked because i have been hearing ladies looking down or talking down guys because of their poor or insufficient income or financial state.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If Nigerian Women Were To Pay Men's Groom Price... by donbachi(m): 6:18pm On Nov 30, 2021
Men go dey dia papa house old.

5 Likes

Re: If Nigerian Women Were To Pay Men's Groom Price... by Truvelisback(m): 6:18pm On Nov 30, 2021
Bigcee, u are invited.
Re: If Nigerian Women Were To Pay Men's Groom Price... by Floryangel8: 6:20pm On Nov 30, 2021
I can. The way I cherish him
Re: If Nigerian Women Were To Pay Men's Groom Price... by Opeyemiextra(f): 6:20pm On Nov 30, 2021
cheesy this is a serious question. Depending who you are in a relationship with but Chai, some men will be bachelors for life. Some others will have to elope with their partners if shame of singleness don too much. We will import free husband from wherever we can find them grin

Me and my partner will just elope ni, let no in-law trouble me(on a lighter note)

2 Likes

Re: If Nigerian Women Were To Pay Men's Groom Price... by Jidemoo: 6:22pm On Nov 30, 2021
Let me get a glass of water and read comments

1 Like

Re: If Nigerian Women Were To Pay Men's Groom Price... by Truvelisback(m): 6:25pm On Nov 30, 2021
Ubunja, u are also invited.
Re: If Nigerian Women Were To Pay Men's Groom Price... by yuping(m): 6:25pm On Nov 30, 2021
Jidemoo:

Make it cold for 2
Re: If Nigerian Women Were To Pay Men's Groom Price... by Truvelisback(m): 6:27pm On Nov 30, 2021
Opeyemiextra:
cheesy this is serious. Depending who you are in a relationship with but Chai, some men will be bachelors for life. Some others will have to elope with their partners.

Me and my partner will just elope ni, let no in-law trouble me(on a lighter note)
Did u just say some? Lol, many men will be bachelors for life.

2 Likes

Re: If Nigerian Women Were To Pay Men's Groom Price... by Opeyemiextra(f): 6:32pm On Nov 30, 2021
Truvelisback:
Did u just say some? Lol, many men will be bachelors for life.

You will be surprised at the response of most women to be groom price payers ooo
Some women also sponsor their wedding so that's why I used some.
Re: If Nigerian Women Were To Pay Men's Groom Price... by JovialJune(f): 6:40pm On Nov 30, 2021
If we are to pay groom price, who will be the head of the home? The whole traditional cultures and unwritten laws will have to be re-established favouring women in everything, question is, can you men agree to the terms of switching roles without feeling emasculated and ego bruised?

1 Like

Re: If Nigerian Women Were To Pay Men's Groom Price... by Truvelisback(m): 6:52pm On Nov 30, 2021
JovialJune:
If we are to pay groom price, who will be the head of the home? The whole traditional cultures and unwritten laws will have to be re-established favouring women in everything, question is, can you men agree to the terms of switching roles without feeling emasculated and ego bruised?
Don't Indian women do so? U are talking abt favouring women, don't marriage favours women abroad. The man loses half or almost all of his properties, wealth to the woman after divorce, the man still pays for up keep even when she gets married to another man. Now, which gender does marriage favour? isn't it women? That's just by the way. The question is, how many women would be able to pay men's Groom price and do the marriagements?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Nigerian Women Were To Pay Men's Groom Price... by container331(f): 6:56pm On Nov 30, 2021
JovialJune:
undecided
Re: If Nigerian Women Were To Pay Men's Groom Price... by JovialJune(f): 7:13pm On Nov 30, 2021
Truvelisback:
Don't Indian women do so? U are talking abt favouring women, don't marriage favours women abroad. The man loses half of his properties, wealth to the woman after divorce, the still pays for up keep even when she gets married to another man. Now, which gender does marriage favour? isn't it women? That's just by the way. The question is, how many would be able to pay men's Groom price and do the marriagements?

Wait o, how much is the bride price gan sef that you're making it seem like it is billions of naira, how many of you men can single handedly pay for bride price and the list if not with the help of family and friends? Even the bride contribute in some cases, so how and what makes it a big deal? Bride price that can be from 5k to 50k and above is what is making you yapp about like this, most men that are avoiding marriage lately is it because of the wedding/bride price or financial buoyance to start a home?

But let me address your indian and abroad issue cos e nor dey far from una to use them for comparison;

It has been the culture of indian before you were born, they practice polyandry, as in the women can marry multiple husbands, the women are the bread winners, most of their men are househusbands, can you Nigerian men agree to something like that? if you want to be like Indians, start by rewriting the norms and laws from the time of old, then we will know how serious you Nigerian men are not this baseless wishful thinking

And what is with the comparison of the western world? Are you lacking foresight that you just spring up silly excuses as counter points? Do they pay bride price? Are we in the abroad? Is this about Nigeria or abroad? Where have you seen divorce favour women here? How does marriage favour women here? How una dey think sef?

2 Likes

Re: If Nigerian Women Were To Pay Men's Groom Price... by Truvelisback(m): 7:35pm On Nov 30, 2021
JovialJune:

Wait o, how much is the bride price gan sef that you're making it seem like it is billions of naira, how many of you men can single handedly pay for bride price and the list if not with the help of family and friends? Even the bride contribute in some cases, so how and what makes it a big deal? Bride price that can be from 5k to 50k and above is what is making you yapp about like this, most men that are avoiding marriage lately is it because of the wedding/bride price or financial buoyance to start a home?

But let me address your indian and abroad issue cos e nor dey far from una to use them for comparison;

It has been the culture of indian before you were born, they practice polyandry, as in the women can marry multiple husbands, the women are the bread winners, most of their men are househusbands, can you Nigerian men agree to something like that? if you want to be like Indians, start by rewriting the norms and laws from the time of old, then we will know how serious you Nigerian men are not this baseless wishful thinking

And what is with the comparison of the western world? Are you lacking foresight that you just spring up silly excuses as counter points? Do they pay bride price? Are we in the abroad? Is this about Nigeria or abroad? Where have you seen divorce favour women here? How does marriage favour women here? How una dey think sef?
In Nigeria and abroad. How much be the bride price self? U just dey make mouth.
Re: If Nigerian Women Were To Pay Men's Groom Price... by JovialJune(f): 7:38pm On Nov 30, 2021
Truvelisback:
In Nigeria and abroad. How much be the bride price self? U just dey make mouth.

What is this one saying U no get point at all.

1 Like

Re: If Nigerian Women Were To Pay Men's Groom Price... by Kobojunkie: 9:08pm On Nov 30, 2021
JovialJune:
The OP doesn't seem to realize that that traditional laws men bow to even in Nigeria were composed of by their fathers and their fathers before them. They were written to favor men.... only now the pretty system they created no longer appeal to their sons. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Nigerian Women Were To Pay Men's Groom Price... by Truvelisback(m): 9:48pm On Nov 30, 2021
JovialJune:

What is this one saying U no get point at all.
My points are real, u know. U are just avoiding or trying to cover up.
Re: If Nigerian Women Were To Pay Men's Groom Price... by Truvelisback(m): 9:49pm On Nov 30, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The OP doesn't seem to realize that that traditional laws men bow to even in Nigeria were composed of by their fathers and their fathers before them. They were written to favor men.... only now the pretty system they created no longer appeal to their sons. undecided
U don't know what u are saying.
Re: If Nigerian Women Were To Pay Men's Groom Price... by Kobojunkie: 9:55pm On Nov 30, 2021
Truvelisback:
U don't know what u are saying.
Look at this one! undecided

Go ask your grandparents how far with traditions you bow to so they can educate you abeg. undecided
Re: If Nigerian Women Were To Pay Men's Groom Price... by Kobojunkie: 9:56pm On Nov 30, 2021
Truvelisback:
My points are real, u know. U are just avoiding or trying to cover up.
You are not making any point and this because you don't even a clue about the history of the traditions you follow. undecided
Re: If Nigerian Women Were To Pay Men's Groom Price... by Truvelisback(m): 10:48pm On Nov 30, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You are not making any point and this because you don't even a clue about the history of the traditions you follow. undecided
U are derailing the thread. I didn't mention traditions. I said if women were to pay men's groom price and do the marriage arrangements, how many women would have been able to do so?
Re: If Nigerian Women Were To Pay Men's Groom Price... by Truvelisback(m): 10:56pm On Nov 30, 2021
Jidemoo:
They didn't come out cause they know it's the truth.
Re: If Nigerian Women Were To Pay Men's Groom Price... by Kobojunkie: 11:02pm On Nov 30, 2021
Truvelisback:
U are derailing the thread. I didn't mention traditions. I said if women were to pay men's groom price and do the marriage arrangements, how many women would have been able to do so?
You mentioned tradition the moment you mentioned bride price which is defined according to tradition. undecided

P.S. Not every culture in Africa, mind you, requires the payment of bride price. undecided
Re: If Nigerian Women Were To Pay Men's Groom Price... by Truvelisback(m): 11:09pm On Nov 30, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You mentioned tradition the moment you mentioned bride price which is defined according to tradition. undecided

P.S. Not every culture in Africa, mind you, requires the payment of bride price. undecided
I said how many women in Nigeria would be able to do so?
Re: If Nigerian Women Were To Pay Men's Groom Price... by Kobojunkie: 11:12pm On Nov 30, 2021
Truvelisback:
I said how many women in Nigeria would be able to do so?
It was setup by your fathers and their fathers before them for the benefit of men. How many women in their right senses would want to pay a fee that is meant to purchase her as property for the man? undecided

1 Like

Re: If Nigerian Women Were To Pay Men's Groom Price... by Truvelisback(m): 6:55am On Dec 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
It was setup by your fathers and their fathers before them for the benefit of men. How many women in their right senses would want to pay a fee that is meant to purchase her as property for the man? undecided
It's obvious u don't understand simple English language. Why beating around the bush? Did i tell u that i don't know? I asked a simple question that requires a "Yes" or a "No". If women were to pay men's groom price and do the marriage arrangements, how many women would have been able to do so?
Re: If Nigerian Women Were To Pay Men's Groom Price... by Truvelisback(m): 7:55am On Dec 01, 2021
Opeyemiextra:
cheesy this is serious. Depending who you are in a relationship with but Chai, some men will be bachelors for life. Some others will have to elope with their partners if shame of singleness don too much.

I like u for ur sincerity.

1 Like

Re: If Nigerian Women Were To Pay Men's Groom Price... by Vision101(m): 12:41pm On Dec 01, 2021
Very few women will afford to get me likewise a lot of men. Let me do small QS work. Given the input into my life including all the packaging (I'm not talking about assets ooo) and considering what I can bring on the table the QS/cost accountant valued me at #50m.

If my parents discount the value it means an average bride will pay say #45m.

Can you see what women are getting free.

3 Likes

Re: If Nigerian Women Were To Pay Men's Groom Price... by stacyadams: 1:26pm On Dec 01, 2021
Truvelisback:
Good day, Fellas. Let's face it. If Nigerian women were to pay men's groom price and do the marriage arrangements, how many women out there would have been able to do so? I asked because i have been hearing ladies looking down or talking down guys because of their poor or insufficient income or financial state.

As a good looking young man, single and with evening newspapers Every where.... grin a woman must pay for my groom price....I ain't paying shishi for any bride price grin

1 Like

Re: If Nigerian Women Were To Pay Men's Groom Price... by ProFuhrer: 2:19pm On Dec 01, 2021
Truvelisback:
Well, if that is the case, the family of the bride will have to come in because there's a huge disparity between the earnings of men and women in this country. On the other, women wouldn't look down on financially unstable men if other men don't constantly try to impress them or members of their clique with money. It's all about the value system.
Re: If Nigerian Women Were To Pay Men's Groom Price... by Saintmary(f): 4:25pm On Dec 01, 2021
If you want me to pay your groom price:

1. You have to be my physical spec
2. Stay at home and take care of my kids
3. I will take care of the rest.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Relocation Sales/ / Moment Man In Affair With Married Woman Hangs By Window In Birthday Suit (video) / How To Make Pap Powder That'd Last A Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.