Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,803 members, 7,817,334 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Help! I Gave A Project To A Company In Lagos & They Are Telling Me This - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help! I Gave A Project To A Company In Lagos & They Are Telling Me This (267 Views)

See Condition A Debtor Gave A Man On Paying Back The Money He Owned Him (pics) / Dangote May Forfeit Refinery Project To Nigerian / Man Gave A Groundnut Seller N50k For Telling Him To Taste His Groundnut (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! I Gave A Project To A Company In Lagos & They Are Telling Me This by AcuraZDX: 7:46pm On Nov 30, 2021
Hello Nairalanders.

Please I have a problem at hand and I am seeking for the best approach to handle the matter.

On the 5th of October 2021, I gave a tech company based in Lagos a project (App Development). In the written agreement we had, the project cost 500k and was supposed to last for 3 weeks and an initial deposit of 60% was agreed and 40% to be paid after uploading to Playstore.

The 3 weeks deadline elapsed and nothing was heard from the end of the company.

I contacted them on Monday after the expiration, and they promised to deliver the APK file within week that they were running some test.

The week passed and nothing happened. I flared up and became furious with the Team Lead.

Due to the quarrel as a result of the disappointment, the company’s co-founder contacted me and talked about terminating the contract. A contract that they claimed was ready.

I was shocked by his words and as a gentleman that I am, I asked to know why.

The co-founder said that the manner and tone I talked to their staff was bad and after a brief meeting, they agreed to terminate the contract.

I tendered an apology, not like I am stupid, but for the sake of peace and after much talk, another two weeks was added for the project to be ready again.

I exercised patience again for the two weeks they promised and on the eve of the deadline expiration, the Team Lead contacted me again, and said the same APK was ready that he will be sending it soon. I waited for like 3 days and nothing came.

I began to wonder what this people were upto, I contacted them and they said they will get back to me. At some point, they stopped replying my messages and calls. 2 days after, they contacted me and told me that they have terminated the contract. That they way I was threatening them was bad.

Of a truth, I threatened them and in the threats, I told them I was going to take legal actions if they fail to deliver or refund me my money.

After days of wallowing in agony, a lawyer I contacted, advised me to file lawsuit against the company for breach of contract. I don’t want the matter to escalate this much, but the company have really pushed me by saying I should do my worse.

Please Nairalanders, what are my chances? Am I making any mistake? Please what’s the best approach to this matter, because I don’t know how the legal system works. Should I just use the police, ICPC or EFCC to tackle this matter?

cc: lalasticlala seun Mynd44
Re: Help! I Gave A Project To A Company In Lagos & They Are Telling Me This by AcuraZDX: 7:47pm On Nov 30, 2021
angry
Re: Help! I Gave A Project To A Company In Lagos & They Are Telling Me This by EasternActivist: 7:54pm On Nov 30, 2021
What's the project all about and how much did you pay... If you need sincere advise, you also need to open up a bit. A lot of info where missing

1 Like

Re: Help! I Gave A Project To A Company In Lagos & They Are Telling Me This by Yukov(m): 7:57pm On Nov 30, 2021
If you don't want the matter to escalate, visit the Civil defence, they will settle you guys out of court.
Re: Help! I Gave A Project To A Company In Lagos & They Are Telling Me This by AcuraZDX: 7:59pm On Nov 30, 2021
EasternActivist:
What's the project all about and how much did you pay... If you need sincere advise, you also need to open up a bit. A lot of info where missing

Initial deposit of 300k and the project is App Development
Re: Help! I Gave A Project To A Company In Lagos & They Are Telling Me This by 404Dev: 11:05pm On Nov 30, 2021
If they didn't deliver as promised file a police complaint against them as this is fraud.

If they're offended by the way you spoke and decided not to continue with the project then they have to deliver the project at its current state - this would be prove that they even did any work, it the work is at least 50% done then you can find another team to complete it. But make sure and insist you get the source code and files and not just an app file - that's very important as without the source files they job cannot be continued by another dev team.

Now if they fail to deliver any app or source codes then it means they never even started they work and you should insist on a full refund. Get the police involved and if possible efcc but be prepared to part with some part of the money if law enforcement helps you recover the money.
Re: Help! I Gave A Project To A Company In Lagos & They Are Telling Me This by Ynix(m): 11:28pm On Nov 30, 2021
AcuraZDX:
Hello Nairalanders.

Please I have a problem at hand and I am seeking for the best approach to handle the matter.

On the 5th of October 2021, I gave a tech company based in Lagos a project (App Development). In the written agreement we had, the project cost 500k and was supposed to last for 3 weeks and an initial deposit of 60% was agreed and 40% to be paid after uploading to Playstore.

The 3 weeks deadline elapsed and nothing was heard from the end of the company.

I contacted them on Monday after the expiration, and they promised to deliver the APK file within week that they were running some test.

The week passed and nothing happened. I flared up and became furious with the Team Lead.

Due to the quarrel as a result of the disappointment, the company’s co-founder contacted me and talked about terminating the contract. A contract that they claimed was ready.

I was shocked by his words and as a gentleman that I am, I asked to know why.

The co-founder said that the manner and tone I talked to their staff was bad and after a brief meeting, they agreed to terminate the contract.

I tendered an apology, not like I am stupid, but for the sake of peace and after much talk, another two weeks was added for the project to be ready again.

I exercised patience again for the two weeks they promised and on the eve of the deadline expiration, the Team Lead contacted me again, and said the same APK was ready that he will be sending it soon. I waited for like 3 days and nothing came.

I began to wonder what this people were upto, I contacted them and they said they will get back to me. At some point, they stopped replying my messages and calls. 2 days after, they contacted me and told me that they have terminated the contract. That they way I was threatening them was bad.

Of a truth, I threatened them and in the threats, I told them I was going to take legal actions if they fail to deliver or refund me my money.

After days of wallowing in agony, a lawyer I contacted, advised me to file lawsuit against the company for breach of contract. I don’t want the matter to escalate this much, but the company have really pushed me by saying I should do my worse.

Please Nairalanders, what are my chances? Am I making any mistake? Please what’s the best approach to this matter, because I don’t know how the legal system works. Should I just use the police, ICPC or EFCC to tackle this matter?

cc: lalasticlala seun Mynd44
Would have loved to know what the project is all about
Re: Help! I Gave A Project To A Company In Lagos & They Are Telling Me This by AcuraZDX: 1:54am On Dec 01, 2021
404Dev:
If they didn't deliver as promised file a police complaint against them as this is fraud.

If they're offended by the way you spoke and decided not to continue with the project then they have to deliver the project at its current state - this would be prove that they even did any work, it the work is at least 50% done then you can find another team to complete it. But make sure and insist you get the source code and files and not just an app file - that's very important as without the source files they job cannot be continued by another dev team.

Now if they fail to deliver any app or source codes then it means they never even started they work and you should insist on a full refund. Get the police involved and if possible efcc but be prepared to part with some part of the money if law enforcement helps you recover the money.

Thank you very much.

(1) (Reply)

$45 Itunes E-code For Sale / Beware Of Impersonators Of Hale Bird Poultry / If You Don't Read This, There Is A Little Chance Of You Surviving 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.