Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Please Help! I Gave A Project To A Company In Lagos & They’re Telling Me This. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Please Help! I Gave A Project To A Company In Lagos & They’re Telling Me This. (687 Views)

Nurse sells newborn baby after telling the mom she had a stillborn(Pics) / "I Gave Birth To Her And I Impregnate Her" - 50-Year-Old Dad Arrested In Lagos / Lady Kills Her Friend In Osun For Telling Her Boyfriend That She's A Prostitute (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help! I Gave A Project To A Company In Lagos & They’re Telling Me This. by AcuraZDX: 7:52pm On Nov 30, 2021
https://www./740472760252951/permalink/740483713585189/?sfnsn=scwspmo

Hello Nairalanders.

Please I have a problem at hand and I am seeking for the best approach to handle the matter.

On the 5th of October 2021, I gave a tech company based in Lagos a project (App Development). In the written agreement we had, the project was supposed to last for 3 weeks and an initial deposit of 60% was agreed and 40% to be paid after uploading to Playstore.

The 3 weeks deadline elapsed and nothing was heard from the end of the company.

I contacted them on Monday after the expiration, and they promised to deliver the APK file within week that they were running some test.

The week passed and nothing happened. I flared up and became furious with the Team Lead.

Due to the quarrel as a result of the disappointment, the company’s co-founder contacted me and talked about terminating the contract. A contract that they claimed was ready.

I was shocked by his words and as a gentleman that I am, I asked to know why.

The co-founder said that the manner and tone I talked to their staff was bad and after a brief meeting, they agreed to terminate the contract.

I tendered an apology, not like I am stupid, but for the sake of peace and after much talk, another two weeks was added for the project to be ready again.

I exercised patience again for the two weeks they promised and on the eve of the deadline expiration, the Team Lead contacted me again, and said the same APK was ready that he will be sending it soon. I waited for like 3 days and nothing came.

I began to wonder what this people were upto, I contacted them and they said they will get back to me. At some point, they stopped replying my messages and calls. 2 days after, they contacted me and told me that they have terminated the contract. That they way I was threatening them was bad.

Of a truth, I threatened them and in the threats, I told them I was going to take legal actions if they fail to deliver or refund me my money.

After days of wallowing in agony, a lawyer I contacted, advised me to file lawsuit against the company for breach of contract. I don’t want the matter to escalate this much, but the company have really pushed me by saying I should do my worse.

Please Nairalanders, what are my chances? Am I making any mistake? Please what’s the best approach to this matter, because I don’t know how the legal system works. Should I just use the police, ICPC or EFCC to tackle this matter?

cc: lalasticlala seun Mynd44
Re: Please Help! I Gave A Project To A Company In Lagos & They’re Telling Me This. by Odetokun3(m): 7:56pm On Nov 30, 2021
Chai

1 Like

Re: Please Help! I Gave A Project To A Company In Lagos & They’re Telling Me This. by lilsmart(m): 8:06pm On Nov 30, 2021
Sue the company for breach of contract.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! I Gave A Project To A Company In Lagos & They’re Telling Me This. by gentleman82: 8:07pm On Nov 30, 2021
Simply take legal action and nothing more

1 Like

Re: Please Help! I Gave A Project To A Company In Lagos & They’re Telling Me This. by AleksAndria: 8:23pm On Nov 30, 2021
Two questions..

1. Did your contract not state consequences for not meeting up with deadline and for each day they fail to deliver..

3 weeks from the 5th October should be 24th October, here we are on 30th November. Over a month already. You both have been on a back-and-forth??

What terms did your contract hold for delays.

2. Does your agreement state that the contract can be terminated by either party without formal notice. If not, that's another offense on their part.

Get your lawyer. Review the contract. Sue accordingly.

When next you're designing a contract, be thorough, include consequences for shortfalls and be very point-blank.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! I Gave A Project To A Company In Lagos & They’re Telling Me This. by AcuraZDX: 8:34pm On Nov 30, 2021
AleksAndria:
Two questions..

1. Did your contract not state consequences for not meeting up with deadline and for each day they fail to deliver..

No consequences were attached in the contract.

3 weeks from the 5th October should be 24th October, here we are on 30th November. Over a month already. You both have been on a back-and-forth??

Exactly.

What terms did your contract hold for delays.

2. Does your agreement state that the contract can be terminated by either party without formal notice. If not, that's another offense on their part.

That wasn’t stated in the agreement. In the agreement, they stated they would deliver within the timeframe.

Get your lawyer. Review the contract. Sue accordingly.

When next you're designing a contract, be thorough, include consequences for shortfalls and be very point-blank.

Re: Please Help! I Gave A Project To A Company In Lagos & They’re Telling Me This. by honeybasket: 8:42pm On Nov 30, 2021
Are they refunding you?

If they are refunding you, get your money and leave them but don't forget to include their name on this thread so that people can avoid them in future.

They don't have expertise to deliver the project. They just want to your threats as an excuse.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! I Gave A Project To A Company In Lagos & They’re Telling Me This. by Agricmoney(m): 9:17pm On Nov 30, 2021
You can get a creditable lawyer to take it up from there not to cause a scene which might dent your image

Anyway, Agriculture is life

1 Like

Re: Please Help! I Gave A Project To A Company In Lagos & They’re Telling Me This. by Mancrossfire: 10:23pm On Nov 30, 2021
You threatened to sue and you are saying you don't want the Matter to escalate this far. What kind of double standard is that?

3 Likes

Re: Please Help! I Gave A Project To A Company In Lagos & They’re Telling Me This. by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:36pm On Nov 30, 2021
sue the bastards and get your money back PLUS reparation for the hassle and timewasting.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! I Gave A Project To A Company In Lagos & They’re Telling Me This. by truthCoder: 10:26am On May 07, 2022
AcuraZDX:
https://www./740472760252951/permalink/740483713585189/?sfnsn=scwspmo

Hello Nairalanders.

Please I have a problem at hand and I am seeking for the best approach to handle the matter.

On the 5th of October 2021, I gave a tech company based in Lagos a project (App Development). In the written agreement we had, the project was supposed to last for 3 weeks and an initial deposit of 60% was agreed and 40% to be paid after uploading to Playstore.

The 3 weeks deadline elapsed and nothing was heard from the end of the company.

I contacted them on Monday after the expiration, and they promised to deliver the APK file within week that they were running some test.

The week passed and nothing happened. I flared up and became furious with the Team Lead.

Due to the quarrel as a result of the disappointment, the company’s co-founder contacted me and talked about terminating the contract. A contract that they claimed was ready.

I was shocked by his words and as a gentleman that I am, I asked to know why.

The co-founder said that the manner and tone I talked to their staff was bad and after a brief meeting, they agreed to terminate the contract.

I tendered an apology, not like I am stupid, but for the sake of peace and after much talk, another two weeks was added for the project to be ready again.

I exercised patience again for the two weeks they promised and on the eve of the deadline expiration, the Team Lead contacted me again, and said the same APK was ready that he will be sending it soon. I waited for like 3 days and nothing came.

I began to wonder what this people were upto, I contacted them and they said they will get back to me. At some point, they stopped replying my messages and calls. 2 days after, they contacted me and told me that they have terminated the contract. That they way I was threatening them was bad.

Of a truth, I threatened them and in the threats, I told them I was going to take legal actions if they fail to deliver or refund me my money.

After days of wallowing in agony, a lawyer I contacted, advised me to file lawsuit against the company for breach of contract. I don’t want the matter to escalate this much, but the company have really pushed me by saying I should do my worse.

Please Nairalanders, what are my chances? Am I making any mistake? Please what’s the best approach to this matter, because I don’t know how the legal system works. Should I just use the police, ICPC or EFCC to tackle this matter?

cc: lalasticlala seun Mynd44

Was there an agreement?

What are the terms on breach?
Re: Please Help! I Gave A Project To A Company In Lagos & They’re Telling Me This. by Mirabella01: 10:40am On May 07, 2022
You should have mentioned the company's name in your write up. Prospective clients should avoid them.

(1) (Reply)

Who Murdered Mrs. Grace Enyi In Her Home? (read Background Story! Big Job For Th / Technician, 32, Arrested For Stabbing 42-year-old Union Leader To Death / Graphics: Post-mortem Shows Bad Liver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.