Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

#EndSARS: Why I Rejected Gov Sanwo-olu’s Peace Walk – Macaroni - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #EndSARS: Why I Rejected Gov Sanwo-olu’s Peace Walk – Macaroni (565 Views)

Mr Macaroni Leads Peace Walk To Commemorate #endsars 3rd Anniversary(pics) / Falz, Mr Macaroni Reject Sanwo-Olu’s Invite For Peace Walk / EndSARS: Why We Are Still ‘Protesting’ – Policemen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#EndSARS: Why I Rejected Gov Sanwo-olu’s Peace Walk – Macaroni by damilola4162(m): 11:44pm On Nov 30, 2021
Nigerian comedian Debo Adedayo popularly known as Mr. Macaroni has revealed why he rejected Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu’s invitation for a peace walk in Lagos State, Newspremises reports.

Newspremises recalls that, Mr. Sanwo-Olu while delivering a speech on Tuesday on the Lekki shootings of October 20, 2020, disclosed that , he will be leading a Walk for Peace in December to herald the healing of our land.

Sanwo-Olu who invited Falana, Adebayo, Dele Farotimi, Temitope Majekodunmi, Segun Awosanya (Segalink), Adedotun (Just Detoun), Seun Kuti; Commissioner of Police, Hakeem Odumosu; and Commander of Rapid Response Squad CSP Yinka Egbeyemi was quoted as saying “Let me use this occasion to extend an open invitation to our youths, members of the diplomatic corps, civil society groups, students and the media as well as other stakeholders to join me.”

However, Mr. Macaroni who allegedly declined the governor's invitation, in tweet on Tuesday, explained the why he dishonored the invitation.

He said that, he declined the invitation because recommendation made by the Lagos State panel on End SARS has not been implemented.

“I humbly decline the Invitation of Mr Governor. The Government themselves set up a panel. The panel has made recommendations. I believe that genuine peacemaking will begin by first implementing the recommendations of the panel. Then we can begin to trust the government.

“Finally, I’m not at war with anyone. Not with the Government, police or politicians.

“All we are asking is that our leaders place value on our lives as citizens and lead us with love, fairness, truth and justice, to enable all Nigerians live a better life in peace and unity.”

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/endsars-why-i-rejected-gov-sanwo-olus-peace-walk-macaroni/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique

3 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: Why I Rejected Gov Sanwo-olu’s Peace Walk – Macaroni by Rexwalters1: 11:54pm On Nov 30, 2021
Shut up, useless tasteless Honeywell macaroni.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #EndSARS: Why I Rejected Gov Sanwo-olu’s Peace Walk – Macaroni by Minjim: 11:54pm On Nov 30, 2021
Thank God you didn't.

It was meant to lead you people up the garden's path.

Especially when the alleged White Paper is now out

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS: Why I Rejected Gov Sanwo-olu’s Peace Walk – Macaroni by azadus18: 12:23am On Dec 01, 2021
A Walk to the grave

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS: Why I Rejected Gov Sanwo-olu’s Peace Walk – Macaroni by christistruth01: 12:28am On Dec 01, 2021
grin

Cash and Carry Activists

Re: #EndSARS: Why I Rejected Gov Sanwo-olu’s Peace Walk – Macaroni by slimfit1(m): 4:15am On Dec 01, 2021
Rexwalters1:
Shut up, useless tasteless Honeywell macaroni.

He didn't say what you want to hear yeah?

3 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: Why I Rejected Gov Sanwo-olu’s Peace Walk – Macaroni by Johnnyessence(m): 4:26am On Dec 01, 2021
You are really a patriot sir. Keep it up. The Lord almighty will continue to protect you and guide you . You fight for Nigeria youths.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS: Why I Rejected Gov Sanwo-olu’s Peace Walk – Macaroni by damilola4162(m): 5:37am On Dec 01, 2021
Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Dominique
Re: #EndSARS: Why I Rejected Gov Sanwo-olu’s Peace Walk – Macaroni by seunmsg(m): 6:23am On Dec 01, 2021
Sanwo-Olu brought the insult upon himself. Pandering to opposition clowns like Marcaroni and FALZ was a senseless joke taken too far.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS: Why I Rejected Gov Sanwo-olu’s Peace Walk – Macaroni by Jostoman: 6:36am On Dec 01, 2021
God bless you Mr macaroni

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: Why I Rejected Gov Sanwo-olu’s Peace Walk – Macaroni by 27yo(m): 7:19am On Dec 01, 2021
cheesy
Re: #EndSARS: Why I Rejected Gov Sanwo-olu’s Peace Walk – Macaroni by headSmasher: 8:20am On Dec 01, 2021
He did well

(1) (Reply)

UPDATED: Queen Naomi’s Alleged Separation From Ooni-of-ife Not True — Palace / TINUBU SUPPORT GROUP: We Are Not Afraid Of Indirect Primaries. / INEC General Election Timetable For 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.