Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Why Are Couples Getting Lonlier In Marriages These Day? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Couples Getting Lonlier In Marriages These Day? (1738 Views)

How To Increase Intimacy In Marriages / Is There A Boundary To Sexual Practices In Marriages? / Court Declares The Power Of Ikoyi Registry To Conduct Marriages In Lagos NULL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Couples Getting Lonlier In Marriages These Day? by cayorday89(m): 7:01pm On Dec 01, 2021
Klass99:

Great movie ke! Don't make me stone you through my system.
It wasn't a bad movie but the long suffering, good wife character, Taraji P was casted as, seemed too much and unrealistic.
@ The bolded, you cannot even blame the woman in that movie.
The thread is not about Acrimony, share your thoughts on the topic.

LOL, but to me it's a great movie, the way I see it is that it addresses the complexities of life and how it has effects on our relationship.

The guy knowing what he got but the lack of finance and people who have it not trusting him. The family putting pressure on her when they themselves are not having the best of life in their marital life. The complexities of the side chick who wants him badly and had to use the wild card of her having access to fund to win him over,and him having to succumb finally after having doubt with his wife, I can go on and on if I sit down to see it again and come up with more complexities, but people focus on just the two of them and their relationship whereas so many life issues even beyond their control made them take decisions they wouldn't have taken if it was a simple money dey down and I want to marry you stuff. For me I won't blame any of them circumstances were beyond their control.
Re: Why Are Couples Getting Lonlier In Marriages These Day? by cayorday89(m): 7:18pm On Dec 01, 2021
truthsayer009:

About Acrimony.

To be fair the movie was great, although I see a lot of women very upset about the movie because It paints a real life picture of what happens in the real world, the world is cruel and unfair and be it as it may, we still have to face it and survive. Shit happens.

I blame the man the most, not for cheating or going with the other woman but for staying so long on a business that never works. In Nigeria, once an Igbo man invests in an Idea, Invention or business for 2 years and it doesn't yield fruit, he will close it down and start another one. Na so life suppose be.

Even Buhari the most useless president in the history of humans was smarter than this man, He moved from ANPP in 2011 to CPC, then from CPC to APC in 2015. Imagine if he had stayed in ANPP? he would died from his sickness.

Bottom line is you have to pivot and keep trying out ideas till one works, not staying on it for 18 years waiting for Ex-crush of yours to bail you out.
You are quite right, but I won't blame the man that much, he had no other life except that, it is that way or no other way at least for the kind of luxury lifestyle he had always wanted and dreamt of. For me, life happens to them. No one to be blamed.
Re: Why Are Couples Getting Lonlier In Marriages These Day? by Saintmary(f): 7:53pm On Dec 01, 2021
Acrimony

That movie touched me on a cellular level.

You see, men know how to curate a woman's love and loyalty, they start learning this from their preteen years and perfect it over time.

But they are the worst break up artists.
They don't know how to tell a woman it's over, they don't know how to get that love they have built up in the opposite sex to fade away over time because they are selfish, everyone is selfish both male and female, but men, they think women's brains work like theirs, just switch off the feelings and go find someone else!!!!!

Worst part, he dreamed of taking his woman to beautiful places in the world, not that particular woman, it could be any woman.

You'll hear phrases like:

"I'm hustling to build a better life for my wife" not that girl you're currently dating, how could you say that?

Then you'll expect the girl to take you serious!!
That's what happened, the man wasn't loyal to that woman, he might have loved her, even if just a tiny bit, but loyalty?
No one teaches men to be loyal, it's disgusting to be living with someone who could have married someone else or still would.

Now they're complaining of loneliness, hahahaha, I laugh.

That's what you get when you just go to the market to pick the best product for yourself!

That's how lots of men make their marriage selection, the woman is an inanimate object!

Breast? Check
Yansh? Check
Skin? Check
Tribe? Check
Schooling? Check

You don't know the woman is checking you out too!

It's a game.

Now, you've got the two kids you ordered for, you're not interested in her very essence of being, her dreams, hopes and aspirations, you want her to pick up a skill dispassionately and boom, money starts rolling in!

I laugh, you're not ready to learn anything.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Couples Getting Lonlier In Marriages These Day? by Raalsalghul: 8:07pm On Dec 01, 2021
Yawns!

Re: Why Are Couples Getting Lonlier In Marriages These Day? by Klass99(f): 8:19pm On Dec 01, 2021
Re: Why Are Couples Getting Lonlier In Marriages These Day? by cayorday89(m): 8:27pm On Dec 01, 2021
Klass99:

Cayorday angryangryangryangry

The part in bold is not true nah! The financial support he got from his wife all through the years they were married is what?

The guy was just a lazy mofo who was taking advantage of a young girl and living off her wealth. Recall that he was already doing this prior to their marriage and in marriage he continued being the lazy jackass he was.

I guess that's why we are told, that what we see or get, while dating or during courtship, only continues in marriage because marriage doesn't change the core of who we are.

Men are truly from mars and women from jupiter (or how does that book put it again?) We don't see things the same way at all! I'm beginning to think the men who commented on this movie, didn't watch it or they didn't understand it grin

Ma'am I agree with all that you said, the finance part I meant can be compared to the kind tech start ups are looking for now, as in real investment from top people.
And for reasoning, even two people of same sex most times don't see things same way especially when personal interest is involved.
Re: Why Are Couples Getting Lonlier In Marriages These Day? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 01, 2021
Saintmary:
Acrimony

That movie touched me on a cellular level.

You see, men know how to curate a woman's love and loyalty, they start learning this from their preteen years and perfect it over time.

But they are the worst break up artists.
They don't know how to tell a woman it's over, they don't know how to get that love they have built up in the opposite sex to fade away over time because they are selfish, everyone is selfish both male and female, but men, they think women's brains work like theirs, just switch off the feelings and go find someone else!!!!!

Worst part, he dreamed of taking his woman to beautiful places in the world, not that particular woman, it could be any woman.

You'll hear phrases like:

"I'm hustling to build a better life for my wife" not that girl you're currently dating, how could you say that?

Then you'll expect the girl to take you serious!!
That's what happened, the man wasn't loyal to that woman, he might have loved her, even if just a tiny bit, but loyalty?
No one teaches men to be loyal, it's disgusting to be living with someone who could have married someone else or still would.

Now they're complaining of loneliness, hahahaha, I laugh.

That's what you get when you just go to the market to pick the best product for yourself!

That's how lots of men make their marriage selection, the woman is an inanimate object!

Breast? Check
Yansh? Check
Skin? Check
Tribe? Check
Schooling? Check

You don't know the woman is checking you out too!

It's a game.

Now, you've got the two kids you ordered for, you're not interested in her very essence of being, her dreams, hopes and aspirations, you want her to pick up a skill dispassionately and boom, money starts rolling in!

I laugh, you're not ready to learn anything.

Don’t you think offering criticism to someone who needs help on saving a marriage without offering possible solution is an apt definition of cruelty?
Re: Why Are Couples Getting Lonlier In Marriages These Day? by Chuky7(m): 9:39pm On Dec 01, 2021
lalasticlala
Re: Why Are Couples Getting Lonlier In Marriages These Day? by Saintmary(f): 9:40pm On Dec 01, 2021
litigator:

Don’t you think offering criticism to someone who needs help on saving a marriage without offering possible solution is an apt definition of cruelty?

Until you see the effect of your actions on the other party, you're not ready to find solutions.

Once you are able to see things through the eyes of someone else, you'll get enough compassion to overcome your own selfishness.

I'm surprised you see a nearly accurate description of events and mindsets as criticism. I'm sorry I don't feel like glossing over things to soothe your ego (or the ego of whoever feels abraded)

1 Like

Re: Why Are Couples Getting Lonlier In Marriages These Day? by Smile4mee01: 1:59am On Dec 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Why? Because shaming your wife and partner, an adult such as yourself, is the way to get communication back on track in a marriage? undecided

I meant telling ppl she respects for advice. When a relationship is under strain there is nothing wrong in seeking counsel.

He mentioned in the post he had exhausted all communication he could.

Where there is no counsel, the people fall; But in the multitude of counselors there is safety. Prov 11 :14

I just gave an advice. The Op doesn't have to take it.
Re: Why Are Couples Getting Lonlier In Marriages These Day? by Acidosis(m): 3:12am On Dec 02, 2021
Funny how people expect marriage to fix their lives, their genetic make-up, blood group, business skills, work and career interests, morals, and issues inherited from generations.

All these issues should be solved because you spent 30 minutes at a registry? What her teachers, lecturers and parents couldn't solve in 30 years, you want your "marriage" with her to solve?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Couples Getting Lonlier In Marriages These Day? by Kobojunkie: 4:55am On Dec 02, 2021
Smile4mee01:
I meant telling ppl she respects for advice. When a relationship is under strain there is nothing wrong in seeking counsel.

He mentioned in the post he had exhausted all communication he could.

Where there is no counsel, the people fall; But in the multitude of counselors there is safety. Prov 11 :14

I just gave an advice. The Op doesn't have to take it.
Paying to be counseled by a professional who is a stranger to my life circumstances is different from putting my unclothedness, so to speak, out in front of those you believe I respect. undecided

He has exhausted communication, then they can both seek professional help, not try to drag each other's personal business where it ought not to be brought up. undecided

It may seem that I 'respect' a person, but only I know how deep that 'respect' I supposedly have truly goes , and if I will ever in fact reveal intimate information to such a one. It is shaming to report an adult to another adult, especially when you are in a relationship with said adult. undecided

Be sure that if you seek counseling from bunch of fools who are themselves have yet to resolve the same issues you are fighting, you will indeed find company(safety) but no resolution. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are Couples Getting Lonlier In Marriages These Day? by DonroxyII: 4:04pm On Dec 02, 2021

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Feel Guilty After Bursting My Landlords Tyre / Father Or Mother, Who Should Be Regarded Most? / A Wedding Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.