Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,842 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence (3912 Views)

Poll: do you support that it should get a death sentence

yes: 78% (60 votes)
no: 21% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

#Dasukigate: Party Members Facing Charges Should Carry Their Own Cross - PDP / Lets Stop "VIOLENCE/TERORISM" And Not "CORRUPTION" Should Be Our Watch-words / Corruption Should Attract Death Penalty –lawyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by mithel(m): 3:16pm On Jun 10, 2011
i saw on tv the way bankole was laughing in efcc custody ,showing no sign of remorse,and i came to the conclusion that our leaders dont have respect for us at all,they know they can do and undo, they if at worst they are found guilty ,they would go to a jail cell that looks like and hotel room,or they can even feign sickness like our madam ibru,and after they are done,they are celebrated and everything turns normal,they keep the loot and they are still relevant in the society. so i came to the conclusion that perhaps financial crimes and corruption in general should carry a death sentence like in china  since in my opinion,its worse than murder.

for example,a minister of health embezzles money meant to improve our halt sector,Pol end up dying cos of it,that's indirect murder in my books,what do you guys think?
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by efisher(m): 3:24pm On Jun 10, 2011
Smiling is not a crime. We need to stop making an issue of his countenance. Bankole has a "smiley" face. If he is found guilty, let him face the music. If he is innocent, he will be freed.

Meanwhile, I support the death sentence for corruption but it has to be "PROVEN BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT". This is because we do not want it to become another method of political "assassination".
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by mbulela: 3:30pm On Jun 10, 2011
efisher:

Smiling is not a crime. We need to stop making an issue of his countenance. Bankole has a "smiley" face. If he is found guilty, let him face the music. If he is innocent, he will be freed.

Meanwhile, I support the death sentence for corruption but it has to be "PROVEN BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT". This is because we do not want it to become another method of political "assassination".
since this is not possible,no deal.
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by EzeUche1(m): 3:39pm On Jun 10, 2011
This is the way the Chinese do it and it works.
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by enyojo(f): 4:19pm On Jun 10, 2011
I have worked with many Chinese companies on different projects.
The fear of death is the beginning of non-corrupt wisdom.

this doesnt mean there are no corrupt chinese even in china
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by Toonice(m): 4:22pm On Jun 10, 2011
@ Poster no fess o abeg

4 instance now if any member of ur family or anyone that close to u now thief Gov money u mean i should sentence the person to death?

Answer me fast
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by EzeUche1(m): 4:23pm On Jun 10, 2011
Corruption is a disease in Nigeria that is slowly killing the country. It is worse than tribalism, because it transcends all ethnic groups.
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by enyojo(f): 4:24pm On Jun 10, 2011
Toonice:

@ Poster no fess o abeg

4 instance now if any member of your family or anyone that close to u now thief Gov money u mean i should sentence the person to death?

Answer me fast

Why not?
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by babatee4all(m): 4:30pm On Jun 10, 2011
I support the idea that they should be sentence to death and they should pass it to in law that non of their relatives should handle any sensitive post anymore, be so doing Nigeria will be free from these mendacity. I rest my case
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by 2mch(m): 4:35pm On Jun 10, 2011
I support the idea, however we know how Nigerians know how to corrupt a system. They will soon start to eliminate political opponents by pointing accusing fingers and building baseless corruption accusations. No arm of the government is corruption free, and it is in this that they are unified. The will do anything to maintain the status quo. A lot of innocent people will be killed, while the real rogues will go free. Until we make the judicial truly independent and corruption free, do we begin to see some changes. We should start with our lawmakers, lawyers and especially judges. They should lose their lives if they get mixed up in corruption.
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by Roland17(m): 4:39pm On Jun 10, 2011
if only we can review the constitution to make politics unattractive, federalism and democracy is tooooo expensive for Nigeria, abject poverty is looming,
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by sweet9ja: 5:04pm On Jun 10, 2011
Yes, I wholeheartedly support the idea, corruption has killed our hope and aspiration as a nation.
Believe me once the first person is executed for corruption other will think twice before stealing our wealt

Corruption in any form is economic sabotage and economic sabotage is treason.
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by naijaking1: 5:07pm On Jun 10, 2011
So now the crime is that he was seen smiling on TV
Have you never heard of nervous laughter, people seem to be laughing as a way to deal with a very unpleasant situation?
I beg take the guy to court and try him properly, don't come to give us your beer-parlour talk.
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by omoekoni(m): 5:18pm On Jun 10, 2011
Corruption has eaten deep into the soul of Nigeria. From the Boss to the security guard. The only way to rid of it is to improve the standard of living and free the media to report any and everything(this works in the UK). Sentence to death will not stop corruption, it will only make it smarter and untraceable. People first of all need to be happy and satisfied before they can turn down a bribe. The rich people in Nigeria are under so much pressure to represent always and take care of their family(nuclear and extended, even the in-laws) and this does drive them to be corrupt. But i believe that if those family members are happy and satisfied they will hold themselves and have some sense of pride. Its only in Nigeria that a rich member of a family is expected to carry the whole family generation oh his shoulder(what rubbish) as if he was their Santa clause.

There is corruption everywhere in the world, its human nature to be creative and opportunistic.
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by Koolking(m): 5:21pm On Jun 10, 2011
I don't support death sentence. The world is battling to do away with that.

Life imprisonment or the culprit is made to do community service for a reasonable number of years with severe parole; and some of his/her rights as a citizen are stripped (becos he has been convicted and seen as an ex-convict). In developed countries, if you are a public figure and your are convicted of any crime, forget your social relevant, you are a nobody. You record is RED anywhere.

If we apply these, public offices will be scary to unscrupulous elements.
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by Azikiwe86: 5:26pm On Jun 10, 2011
If corruption was to carry the death penalty then Nigeria would shrink to the size of Mauritania very quickly!! the solution should be mobile corruption courts and serious penalties so as to eliminate the serious bottle necks that are hampering the the cases and making them long winded and costly.

On a lighter note, Jonathan and Obama meet in New York!! Must read below!!!!

http://thinkafricapress.com/blog/goodluck-jonathan-visits-un-and-parlays-president-obama
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by ikooko(m): 5:30pm On Jun 10, 2011
Just 4get it, maybe life imprisonment
So tell me where do you want to start from? believe me it will turn to tribal issue in this country.

All we can do is look for way of making public offices unattractive and improve public awareness.
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by omoekoni(m): 5:31pm On Jun 10, 2011
If corruption was to carry the death penalty then Nigeria would shrink to the size of Mauritania very quickly!! the solution should be mobile corruption courts and serious penalties so as to eliminate the serious bottle necks that are hampering the the cases and making them long winded and costly.

On a lighter note, Jonathan and Obama meet in New York!! Must read below!!!!

Obama should give Jonathan a couple of nukes to get rid of Boko Haram once and for all
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jun 10, 2011
yes i supported it, I voted for it, Government should ask us to vote on issue like this and pass it into law
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by Rossikk(m): 5:39pm On Jun 10, 2011
I'm SICK of reading Nigerians moan all day all night about corruption.

IF ANY ONE OF YOU IDIOTS WERE TO BE APPOINTED A FEDERAL MINISTER TOMORROW, OR A STATE GOVERNOR, EVERYONE OF YOU HERE WILL BE LOOKING FOR A WAY TO CHOP, SO SHUT THE FUKK UP AND STOP DISTURBING OUR LIVES.
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by Rossikk(m): 5:44pm On Jun 10, 2011
Was Bank Ole not like all of you before he was appointed? Every minute he was online shouting corruption, mismanagement etc etc. Oya, oga, go and rule sir. What happened? He stole nearly as much as Abacha!

Rubbish.

All you MOANERS are only MOANING because YOU have not been given a chance to CHOP.

If ANY of you got the news that your brother or cousin has just been appointed chairman of NNPC, WILL YOU NOT START TO JUBILATE?? HYPOCRITICAL THIEVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by MMM2(m): 5:49pm On Jun 10, 2011
death by hanging.
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by stanleyd(m): 6:02pm On Jun 10, 2011
Only the comments from Nigerians here can show the kind of mindset we have in this country especially when it comes to Corruption and Government Job Issues
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by mithel(m): 6:03pm On Jun 10, 2011
enyojo:

I have worked with many Chinese companies on different projects.
The fear of death is the beginning of non-corrupt wisdom.

this doesnt mean there are no corrupt chinese even in china

thats right,since we nigerians fear death pass anything,lets exploit that jare.am sure after 3 to 4 high profile killings, a politician would see 5 naira on the floor and shout,"lost but found , ". smiley
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by lastpage: 6:09pm On Jun 10, 2011
@Rossikk
Was Bank Ole not like all of you before he was appointed? Every minute he was online shouting corruption, mismanagement etc etc. Oya, oga, go and rule sir. What happened? He stole nearly as much as Abacha!

Rubbish.

All you MOANERS are only MOANING because YOU have not been given a chance to CHOP.

If ANY of you got the news that your brother or cousin has just been appointed chairman of NNPC, WILL YOU NOT START TO JUBILATE?? HYPOCRITICAL THIEVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now , back to normalcy, what do YOU propose, to deal with the problem of corruption in our country?
Or are you saying "Life goes on and you're only hoping and waiting for your turn to steal"?

IMOA, l think a very stiff penalty and a more refined judicial and justice system is key.
On the other hand, "abject" poverty is an enabling factor but which one comes first? The Chicken or the Egg?
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by mithel(m): 6:10pm On Jun 10, 2011
Toonice:

@ Poster no fess o abeg

4 instance now if any member of your family or anyone that close to u now thief Gov money u mean i should sentence the person to death?

Answer me fast

YES NA,WHY NT?if the person commited murder,wont i say he be sidelined in the family abegi,am no hypocrite.
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by Osama10(m): 6:20pm On Jun 10, 2011
Fully supported.
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jun 10, 2011
mithel:

i saw on tv the way bankole was laughing in efcc custody ,showing no sign of remorse,and i came to the conclusion that our leaders dont have respect for us at all,they know they can do and undo, they if at worst they are found guilty ,they would go to a jail cell that looks like and hotel room,or they can even feign sickness like our madam ibru,and after they are done,they are celebrated and everything turns normal,they keep the loot and they are still relevant in the society. so i came to the conclusion that perhaps financial crimes and corruption in general should carry a death sentence like in china  since in my opinion,its worse than murder.

for example,a minister of health embezzles money meant to improve our halt sector,Pol end up dying cos of it,that's indirect murder in my books,what do you guys think?
you just made my month! i wish some one like you can be appoint the speaker of the house of assemly and me the chairman of Efcc !!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wont only sentence death but with a disgraceful one! (hanging them naked)
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by Hardeyorlah(f): 6:28pm On Jun 10, 2011
i dont think death sentence is the solution,there allowances shld be reduce which will make it unappealing.
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by kokoye(m): 6:34pm On Jun 10, 2011
EzeUche!:

Corruption is a disease in Nigeria that is slowly killing the country.

I beg to disagree with the word "slowly"
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by Potbells: 6:35pm On Jun 10, 2011
You have 12 hours to download WIZKID's new album on alabaonline.com So hurry. Hope you love WIZZY like I do, if you do then don't forget to follow him on Twitter & Facebook and help spread the word about WIZKID. Please send forward this to all your friends. http://alabaonline.com/
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by mithel(m): 6:37pm On Jun 10, 2011
Toaskarity:

you just made my month! i wish some one like you can be appoint the speaker of the house of assemly and me the chairman of Efcc !!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wont only sentence death but with a disgraceful one! (hanging them unclothed)

lol,i just start university o,but i used to think like that before (i want to be president) but i realised i would make too many strong changes in the system,and might end up being assasinated,so let me just do my medicine je je,and serve my nation by compoundin the illness or ailment of any bad politician that comes to my hospital.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6 Million Nigerians Living In Benin Republic? / 4 Nigerians Jailed For 14 Years, For Match.com Dating Scam In The Uk (pictures) / Breaking News; Amaechi Loses Vp Ticket To Tinubu - Buhari/ Tinubu For Apc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.