Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,767 members, 7,862,505 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:23 PM

Alamieyeseigha Pleads Guilty, Gets Two-year Jail Term - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alamieyeseigha Pleads Guilty, Gets Two-year Jail Term (1120 Views)

Patience Jonathan’s Look At Alamieyeseigha's Service Of Song (Pictured) / Suspect Responsible For Nyanya, Kuje Blasts Pleads Guilty / Military Gets Two Boeing 747 Jets Loaded With Weapons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alamieyeseigha Pleads Guilty, Gets Two-year Jail Term by uche1(m): 9:54am On Jul 27, 2007
A FEDERAL High Court in Lagos yesterday sentenced former Governor of Bayelsa State, Diepreye Solomon Alamieyeseigha, to a two-year imprisonment. But the embattled former Air Force chief declared that he was never impeached from office and accused former President Olusegun Obasanjo of "sending a battalion from the Nigerian Army who over-ran the State House of Assembly."

Alamieyeseigha, who spoke in the open court minutes before the verdict yesterday, also declared that if he was much younger, he would not have pleaded to the guilty charge in exchange for the sentence passed on him by the trial judge, Mr. Justice Mohammed Shuiabu.

He said further that he had lost his wife and children. "I have gone through the shadow of death. I have been through hell since January 15, 2005 when I was arrested", he said.

Recounting his ordeal in London, Alamieyeseigha said he was kept among mad people by the Metropolitan police. He said when he started bleeding inside, he was sent back to Nigeria by the British authorities.

Although his speech was not recorded by the trial judge, Alamieyeseigha told the court that he was still carrying metal in his body.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Pleads Guilty, Gets Two-year Jail Term by Seun(m): 10:53am On Jul 27, 2007
Good sir, we need a direct link to the web page you copied this from.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Pleads Guilty, Gets Two-year Jail Term by Sexyuhlala(f): 11:40am On Jul 27, 2007
@Poster

Its not 2years,its 12years and please post the website where u saw this cuz l heard mine on cool fm news at precisely 11.40 today
Re: Alamieyeseigha Pleads Guilty, Gets Two-year Jail Term by uche1(m): 12:00pm On Jul 27, 2007
Re: Alamieyeseigha Pleads Guilty, Gets Two-year Jail Term by angel101(f): 3:13pm On Jul 27, 2007
Good news as far as I am concerned. These people should be tried successfully so we call all get on with it
Re: Alamieyeseigha Pleads Guilty, Gets Two-year Jail Term by Crownvilla(m): 10:30pm On Jul 27, 2007
The 12 years was supposed to run concurrently, so in effect he would have served only 2 years minus the period he has already spent in custody.

This may be academic if the Nigerain Tribune newsflash is to be beleived. According to the newsflash, Alams has been released!
Re: Alamieyeseigha Pleads Guilty, Gets Two-year Jail Term by Nobody: 4:36am On Jul 28, 2007
Crownvilla:

The 12 years was supposed to run concurrently, so in effect he would have served only 2 years minus the period he has already spent in custody.

This may be academic if the Nigerain Tribune newsflash is to be beleived. According to the newsflash, Alams has been released!

the more you see the less you understand,

Alams was whisked from Dubai last week
2 days later went into meeting with VP
next day he pleads guilty
2 days later gets a sentence that means he has spent more time in custody than he should
24hrs later he becomes a free man

I smell rat somewhere, something does not feel right

them say OBJ no dey obey court order, hope say this one no go dey toy with court verdicts (especially the VP)
Re: Alamieyeseigha Pleads Guilty, Gets Two-year Jail Term by Nobody: 4:41am On Jul 28, 2007
hope say I house in court verdict will not equal 1 room in real life
hope say 1 billion naira shares will not equal 100,000naira in real life

Na for God hand we dey sha.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Pleads Guilty, Gets Two-year Jail Term by Danmasani(m): 4:45am On Jul 28, 2007
Court Verdict said he pleaded guilty and sentenced to two years in prison in addition to returning properties and various sums of money to the Bayelsa treasury. However since he has been in detention since December 2005 ( mind u 1 year in prison= 9months), he has served his term and is free to go.
There is no abracadra in that verdict or the way it was carried. It happens everywhere.

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/news/article01

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Among Safest Countries In The World, / Bakassi: Going: Going: Gone! - Senate, Reps Okay Handover Today / Investors Flee Anambra As Armed Robbers, Kidnappers Take Over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.