Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,297 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

House Speakership: I Was Victim Of Betrayal - Adeola-akande - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Speakership: I Was Victim Of Betrayal - Adeola-akande (923 Views)

Senate Presidency/House Speakership: Trouble Looms In APC / Fashola Is Corrupt, He Cannot Accuse Yoruba Leaders Of Betrayal – Afenifere / South-west Can't Reclaim House Speakership, Says Baraje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

House Speakership: I Was Victim Of Betrayal - Adeola-akande by HighChief4(m): 3:50pm On Jun 10, 2011
Defeated House of Representatives speakership contender, Honourable Mulikat Adeola-Akande, has said that she was a victim of sheer betrayal, which robbed her of victory.

Honourable Adeola-Akande, however, said she had accepted defeat in good faith and in the spirit of sportsmanship. She spoke in Abuja while addressing Nigerian women who gave her support during the race at the headquarters of National Council for Women Societies (NCWS).

Describing the emergence of Honourable Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, representing Kebbe and Tambuwal Federal Constituency of Sokoto State as the Speaker as an act of God, she said she decided to join the race, knowing fully that she was eminently qualified and capable of running the office.

She said what happened clearly showed that some people worked underground against her in spite of her open endorsement.

The House of Representatives member from Oyo in the South-West said, “before I decided to take a shot at the speakership race, I examined all the dynamics at that time and I saw that everything favoured me.

“Most especially, when we all know about the zoning formula in Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)”.

Adeola-Akande said the position was zoned to the South-West and that she was one of the lucky ones that came back for a second term from the South-West, saying her candidacy was endorsed by the PDP and even most of the House members prior to the day of election.

“But we cannot blame God for anything. He has His reason for everything. It was so easy for me to congratulate my colleague because I see it as a contest. And if you have faith in God, you will know that God will never do anything that will make you unhappy.”

She maintained that she was not going to be daunted by the incident but to continue to push for the actualization 35 per cent affirmative action as promised by President Goodluck Jonathan.

She noted that the success of any administration was a collective responsibility and urged the Nigerian women to support the new government of President Jonathan to succeed.

The President of the National Council of the Women Societies, Hajiya Ramatu Usman, said Hon. Adeola-Akande, found it expedient to thank the women for their overwhelming support during the race.
Re: House Speakership: I Was Victim Of Betrayal - Adeola-akande by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 10, 2011
saying her candidacy was endorsed by the PDP

Biggest mistake. Was she the one that was close to Obj?

Like they say, the company you keep. . . .

Better luck next time.
Re: House Speakership: I Was Victim Of Betrayal - Adeola-akande by HighChief4(m): 4:23pm On Jun 10, 2011
I think IBB and Ciroma played a major role in this and outsmarted OBJ
Re: House Speakership: I Was Victim Of Betrayal - Adeola-akande by 2mch(m): 4:26pm On Jun 10, 2011
High_Chief:

I think IBB and Ciroma played a major role in this and outsmarted OBJ

You are very correct. Their handwriting is everywhere on this. Those guys are master criminals, they know this game better than anyone in PDP. ACN thought they were being kingmakers. loool.
Re: House Speakership: I Was Victim Of Betrayal - Adeola-akande by friedrice1: 9:13pm On Jun 10, 2011
High_Chief:

Defeated House of Representatives speakership contender, Honourable Mulikat Adeola-Akande, has said that she was a victim of sheer betrayal, which robbed her of victory.

Honourable Adeola-Akande, however, said she had accepted defeat in good faith and in the spirit of sportsmanship. She spoke in Abuja while addressing Nigerian women who gave her support during the race at the headquarters of National Council for Women Societies (NCWS).

Describing the emergence of Honourable Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, representing Kebbe and Tambuwal Federal Constituency of Sokoto State as the Speaker as an act of God, she said she decided to join the race, knowing fully that she was eminently qualified and capable of running the office.

She said what happened clearly showed that some people worked underground against her in spite of her open endorsement.

The House of Representatives member from Oyo in the South-West said, “before I decided to take a shot at the speakership race, I examined all the dynamics at that time and I saw that everything favoured me.

“Most especially, when we all know about the zoning formula in Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)”.

Adeola-Akande said the position was zoned to the South-West and that she was one of the lucky ones that came back for a second term from the South-West, saying her candidacy was endorsed by the PDP and even most of the House members prior to the day of election.

“But we cannot blame God for anything. He has His reason for everything. It was so easy for me to congratulate my colleague because I see it as a contest. And if you have faith in God, you will know that God will never do anything that will make you unhappy.”

She maintained that she was not going to be daunted by the incident but to continue to push for the actualization 35 per cent affirmative action as promised by President Goodluck Jonathan.

She noted that the success of any administration was a collective responsibility and urged the Nigerian women to support the new government of President Jonathan to succeed.

The President of the National Council of the Women Societies, Hajiya Ramatu Usman, said Hon. Adeola-Akande, found it expedient to thank the women for their overwhelming support during the race.
Ranting of a typical PDP bred career politician with nothing to offer to her constituency or the nation.
without knowing her, i already don't like her type.
Re: House Speakership: I Was Victim Of Betrayal - Adeola-akande by Alxmyr(m): 11:11am On Jun 11, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Biggest mistake. [b]Was she the one that was close to Obj?[/b]Like they say, the company you keep. . . .

Better luck next time.

She is not the one that was reportedly close to Obj. The Obj candidate is Muraina Ajibola, he did not contest when the tide went against him.

(1) (Reply)

They Are Complaining Of 3 Hours Power Failure Once Every Year / WNYC Radio Host Mistook Mcarthur Genius Grant Email For Nigerian Scam / Rivers State To Borrow 250 Billion Fresh Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.