Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,232 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

The 5 Ways To Invest $100 (N47,000) In 2022 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The 5 Ways To Invest $100 (N47,000) In 2022 (258 Views)

Zenith Bank Plc Records N47 Billion Profit After Tax In First Quarter / Lady Saves N64,000 In 4 Months, Shows It Off (Photos) / Customs Impounds Dangote Truck With N47 Million Contraband Poultry (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The 5 Ways To Invest $100 (N47,000) In 2022 by nairaab: 10:44am On Dec 02, 2021
How much would you have made if you had learned ways to invest before now? What if you had invested a hundred thousand dollars in Google back then when it was just getting started?

That’s exactly what David Cheriton did and today his net worth is over $6 billion. That’s probably one of the best investments ever!

However, not everyone gets such a chance to become a billionaire, not everyone has an extra hundred grand to throw it at another startup, nonetheless, there is an endless number of opportunities all around

We discussed few of them in this guide

https://www./5-ways-invest-100-n47000-2021-anthony-b-ogunleye-

However, it seems like you can’t do much with it, since even for example a single Apple stock costs twice that amount, and I am not even talking about Amazon or Google. Even index funds are not an option.

How much do you think a hundred bucks over 40 years with 8% returns would amount? Just a little over $2,100 ($2172). But don’t worry, because there are actually legit great ways to invest even as little as a hundred bucks that I will share with you here in this guide

1. Start A Business
One of the best ways to invest your money is to start a business. I know that it sounds cliché because to start a business, it seems like you clearly need much more than a hundred bucks. But believe it or not, there are actually a handful number of businesses you can start with as little as a hundred bucks.

The problem is that, when we think of starting a business, we imagine big businesses and ignore all the small ones that are much easier to start. You can buy a Lawn Mowers for a hundred bucks for example, and start a side business cutting your neighbor’s grass.

There is an endless number of online businesses that do not require a lot of capital. Let’s say you are good at playing a guitar or violin, you can find someone who can help you with shooting and editing it for as little as a hundred bucks. Turn it into an online course and sell it online. And the great part about it is that you don’t even need a website because right now there are multiple great platforms to sell courses for free! And if it turns out to be successful, you can slowly turn it into a legitimate business.

We are lucky to be alive at this age, because no matter where you are in the world, pretty much everyone has internet. So this is probably a great option for most people.

2. Trade some Stocks:
Another great way to invest your money is Stocks. A lot of people keep watching videos or reading about the stock market, hoping to start investing one day. If you haven’t bought a single stock, the world of the stock market is probably quite ambitious to you. When you actually get in and start, a lot of things start getting clear.

Reading and watching videos about the stock market is one thing and investing or trading is something else. What seems so obvious in theory isn’t that easy in practice.

When you buy a stock and it goes down right in front of your eyes, you get emotional, your brain stops working and your emotions get in charge, all that will be in your mind is to minimize losses. That’s when you really learn. The point isn’t to turn that 100 bucks into a thousand, but to experience the market. Because when you are trading with real money, you will be much more careful and cautious, since your money is at stake.

It’s actually fun to look for the right company to throw your money in. You will read about many different companies, analyze their financial statements, figure out if their price is undervalued or overvalued, and then make up your mind if this company is worth your money or not. This experience totally worth it even if you lose a hundred bucks. In fact, if you decide to invest a larger amount, you will at least know how the market works.

3. Invest In Books
I grew up watching my parents live paycheck to paycheck, and struggle financially. And I promised myself that when I grow up, I am not gonna live like that. But the problem was that I didn’t know how to do that. My parents told me that if I keep getting good grades, I will find a good job when I grow up and I won’t have to worry about money. But at some point, I started reading books outside the school and accidentally came across Rich Dad Poor Dad and that’s where the magic happened.

I was introduced to the world of money and to be honest I was shocked about how little I knew about money even though I use it every day. You probably have heard this a million times, but the moment you make that shift in your mentality, your perspective changes, and you will start making different decisions that will slowly lead you to financial independence.

A lot of people watch a video or two on YouTube and then they think that they are financial gurus. YouTube is entertainment, you might learn a thing or two, but it’s not gonna stick like when you read a book, because usually it takes you a couple of days if not weeks to finish a single book and by then, these ideas will be embodied in you.

Some of my favorite books on this matter are — The Millionaire Fastlane, Secrets of The Millionaire Mind, Rich Dad Poor Dad, and a few others.

4. Buy and Sell Something:
A lot of people don’t have even basic business experience. They are so drained into the system where they haven’t made a single penny outside their job. So, when you tell them to start a business, they keep postponing it because it’s a strange world for them.

But Business is all about selling and most businesses do not even build their products but rather just buy low and sell high. The grocery store besides your house, for example, they do not produce what they sell; they have a supplier.

The process of business is simpler than you think but quite difficult to implement. The good news is that you don’t have to spend big and open your store to learn that, you can just go to eBay, Aliexpress, and find something that you can resell to your neighbors for example, for a slightly higher price.

That experience will improve your social skills, analytical skills, and negotiating skills. You might not make a lot of money out by buying and selling with a hundred bucks. However, you will learn much more than you will do with a 4-year degree in business. You will have to analyze the market, who would be your potential consumers, what would be the appropriate price, how to deal with your clients, and on and on. In fact, there are actually people who make a living out of this. But if you think that’s not for you, here is another idea.

5. Learn A Valuable Skill
What you can also do is to use that hundred bucks to learn a skill that will earn much more later on. This is probably the best option if you are struggling financially or looking for a side hustle. You can invest in a Social Media Course, every business is now looking for someone who actually understands how these algorithms work. Or you can learn Graphic Designing, Copywriting, Web Designing. There is an endless number of online opportunities.

Of course, you can find free materials, even on YouTube, so why buy a course. Usually, the free stuff isn’t as good as paid courses, they are better organized and after taking the entire course, you feel like you actually learned the skill, compare to the free stuff where you have to keep searching for everything separately. And secondly, once you pay for something, you feel obligated to take that course, because you just spend a hundred bucks. In fact, it will probably motivate you to take action after taking the course to earn back the money that you spent on the course.

Conclusion:
A hundred bucks isn’t a lot of money, and you can’t do much with it, so all the options

we discussed in this guide are more about educating yourself. Stepping up your business

and analytical skills and getting valuable experience will pay back in the long run. But now, it’s your turn, how or where would you invest your first hundred bucks?

Thanks for reading and until next time.

(1) (Reply)

Refer And Earn Apps In Nigeria 2021 / Metakings Airdrop / Flying Banners For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.