Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,995 members, 7,863,575 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:26 PM

Indigenous Encouragement - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Indigenous Encouragement (618 Views)

Create A Pool Of Encouragement, Enthusiasm And Motivation For Yourself / Advice And Encouragement Needed On My Career. / Encouragement And Advice For Graduate Jobseekers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Indigenous Encouragement by Josi2011: 11:31pm On Jun 10, 2011
My country people I salute oh! My name is Joseph Erughwa and I work with HORIZON STRUT SERVICES.
About late last year, some time around the month of November. I wrote a proposal to the Ministry of Culture & Tourism, that a Museum should be built in Delta State. When he received the Proposal Letter, he replied us that several three persons has written to him before. That he will soon consider it. Around this time was when GOV Uduaghan was having some challenges and was asked to step down, before GOV Obi was sworn in as acting governor.
Not quite long, the acting governor soon decided to drop almost all the COMMISSIONERS, and amongst them was the commissioner for Culture & Tourism. He was dropped and in no distant time, called back and advised to be more effective.
This year the commissioner for Culture & Tourism decided to consider the MUSEUM PROJECT and has even cited a location for it.
I was shocked, that even when he finally considered it, he went and invited expatriate to come and execute the contract.

My country people! These are my complains;
(1) Why did he now go to bring in expatriates to execute the job, rather than encourage indigenous contractors and Architects, who already proposed?
(2) Why did he now decide to sideline all companies and contractors that have proposed before?
(3) Indigenous Contractors are local but experienced and even easier to checkmate during and after the project is executed.
(4) If it were the so called expatriates will they call on us to come and execute Mega contracts? I’m not been RACIST or anything, but let us use our common sense for issues like this.
(5) My country people, I beg make una join me tell our HON Commissioner for Culture & Tourism (HON RMD) to give us the benefit of the doubt, even if it’s a small piece of the puzzle inside this project, so we can prove we are capable.

My Country people una doooooo……………………

(1) (Reply)

Driver Wanted Urgently / Interview: Please I Need Hints On Telecoms Corporate Sales / Do You Deserve A Raise In Salary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.