Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Urgent Advice Needed - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Urgent Advice Needed (653 Views)

Urgent Advice Needed / Urgent Advice Needed On Corolla 2009 And 1999 Benz C180 1999 / Advice Needed For A Sienna: 2gr Engine Or 3mz Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Advice Needed by longlife101: 8:22am On Dec 03, 2021
I need help advising someone who would acquire a Toyota Corolla 2007 from the USA.

Background:
I recently started working remotely for a USA base 'small' firm. So I get paid weekly.

Issue:
They prefer Western Union money transfer for whatever reason, even when a gave a Dom' account. Meanwhile, Western Union now has a limit of three (3) transfer/withdrawal per quarter per person. -Yet to tell them this for next paycheck.

Intentions:
I want to ask them to save up my 'pay-chaque' and assist me acquire a Toyota Corolla 2007, for Bolt or Uber, from the United States and convey it.

I can convince them to choose to advance the paycheck in a way (I get the said vehicle upfront and my earnings deducted subsequently).

Advise Needed:
I've seen several prices online. Please, what is a fair standard price of the said vehicle from the USA, cost of conveying and custom clearance, especially so since it takes about a month or so to be shipped here.

Should they accept to this deal: what should I recommend to them while buying and sending, recommended online or offline auto shops and other things they should look out for?

I'll greatly appreciate informed feedbacks!!

I have until Monday to make this recommendation to them.

Mods please do the needful
Re: Urgent Advice Needed by chiventoline(m): 8:26am On Dec 03, 2021
Broooo collect your money, tell that to pay using deferent medium, PayPal, perfect money. I see you working for free at last do not at accept month end payment if they pay weekly.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Advice Needed by McLizbae: 8:29am On Dec 03, 2021
FTC yaf really tried in giving you the advice you need. But let me add my token too.

Bros you dont want to encounter clearing issues at the port man! That full car sent from abroad may reach you in just half after you have paid heaven and earth.

Try collect your money, look for local dealer/seller with the best price, inspect the hell out of the car, before you pay and go in absolute peace. 10q
Re: Urgent Advice Needed by longlife101: 8:31am On Dec 03, 2021
chiventoline:
Broooo collect your money, tell that to pay using deferent medium, PayPal, perfect money. I see you working for free at last do not at accept month end payment if they pay weekly.
I get your point, the focus for me now is investing in the car for Bolt or Uber as a side income. Why I am here in "car talk". ~ any advise to this end?
Re: Urgent Advice Needed by longlife101: 8:42am On Dec 03, 2021
McLizbae:
FTC yaf really tried in giving you the advice you need. But let me add my token too.

Bros you dont want to encounter clearing issues at the port man! That full car sent from abroad may reach you in just half after you have paid heaven and earth.

Try collect your money, look for local dealer/seller with the best price, inspect the hell out of the car, before you pay and go in absolute peace. 10q
Seriously. Nice one. I appreciate. Kindly advise what's the price range?
Re: Urgent Advice Needed by chiventoline(m): 8:47am On Dec 03, 2021
longlife101:
Background:
I recently started working remotely for a USA base 'small' firm. So I get paid weekly.

Issue:
They prefer Western Union money transfer for whatever reason, even when a gave a Dom' account. Meanwhile, Western Union now has a limit of three (3) transfer/withdrawal per quarter per person. -Yet to tell them this for next paycheck.

Intentions:
I want to ask them to save up my 'pay-chaque' and assist me acquire a Toyota Corolla 2007, for Bolt or Uber, from the United States and convey it.

I can convince them to choose to advance the paycheck in a way (I get the said vehicle upfront and my earnings deducted subsequently).

Advise Needed:
I've seen several prices online. Please, what is a fair standard price of the said vehicle from the USA, cost of conveying and custom clearclearance, especially so since it takes about a month or so to be shipped here.

Should they accept to this deal: what should I recommend to them while buying and sending, recommended online or offline auto shops and other things they should look out for?

How can I get such jobs is there any openings
Re: Urgent Advice Needed by longlife101: 10:46am On Dec 03, 2021
chiventoline:
How can I get such jobs is there any openings
I don't know about your profession. We got connected via LinkedIn. I didn't, but if you can get premium subscription there better.
Re: Urgent Advice Needed by AKWATGOLD1(m): 3:34pm On Dec 03, 2021
Longlife101 Guy,
The step you want to take might be wrong one based on this following:
1. Your employer might not have such time to buy you a Corrolla car for your side hustle in Nigeria.
2. It also send wrong signal to your employer in USA.
3. There is a payment system stated in your letter of engagement, pld stick to the letter of engagement agreement.
4. Pls open a Dom account and forward the account number to them but where i am suspecting challenges is the another cost burden on
your employer to be sending you weekly salary to your Dom account and informed them of Western Union challenges is the main reason
for opening Dom account.
5. You can get the choice of corrolla you intended sending from abroad here in Nigeria See and Buy because when you have your cash in
Nigeria, you're KING when negotiate the price of the car of your choice.
Regards

longlife101:
Background:

Issue:

Intentions:

Advise Needed:
I've seen several prices online. Please, what is a fair standard price of the said vehicle from the USA, cost of conveying and custom clearance, especially so since it takes about a month or so to be shipped here.

Re: Urgent Advice Needed by longlife101: 10:50pm On Dec 03, 2021
AKWATGOLD1:
Longlife101 Guy,
The step you want to take might be wrong one based on this following:
1. Your employer might not have such time to buy you a Corrolla car for your side hustle in Nigeria.
2. It also send wrong signal to your employer in USA.
3. There is a payment system stated in your letter of engagement, pld stick to the letter of engagement agreement.
4. Pls open a Dom account and forward the account number to them but where i am suspecting challenges is the another cost burden on
your employer to be sending you weekly salary to your Dom account and informed them of Western Union challenges is the main reason
for opening Dom account.
5. You can get the choice of corrolla you intended sending from abroad here in Nigeria See and Buy because when you have your cash in
Nigeria, you're KING when negotiate the price of the car of your choice.
Regards

You have some nice points; especially will they have the time and patience to acquire a reasonable car when the accept to it.

Wrong signal, I don't understand o? -we speak freely, so I can pass my intentions to them, the worst that can happen is they'll say 'no'.

Like I said in my original message. I gave them my Dom' account details, yet they stick with Western Union.

Please, any idea how much the Toyota Corolla 2007 will cost now in Nigeria?
Re: Urgent Advice Needed by Smithkline200: 10:54pm On Dec 03, 2021
There are other pay options like “WISE” “Pay Wire” you can use to get your funds instantly and please insist they pay through your DOM ACCOUNT hence your IBAN, Sort Codes and account number are properly verified.

Finally, do not try to suggest they add up the pay and get you a car.
It might not seat well for them and you might loose your job.

My 2 cents!
Re: Urgent Advice Needed by longlife101: 10:59pm On Dec 03, 2021
Smithkline200:
There are other pay options like “WISE” “Pay Wire” you can use to get your funds instantly and please insist they pay through your DOM ACCOUNT hence your IBAN, Sort Codes and account number are properly verified.

Finally, do not try to suggest they add up the pay and get you a car.
It might not seat well for them and you might loose your job.

My 2 cents!
It is well. I appreciate.

(1) (Reply)

Sëll Your Dead Car And Inverter Batteries To Us At Believe Priçé / Ibadan- Nigeria Used Honda Accord 2011 / Kia Rio 2006

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.