Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,248 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Argument Ensues As Baby Dies After Lagos Hospital Allegedly Rejected Woman In La - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Argument Ensues As Baby Dies After Lagos Hospital Allegedly Rejected Woman In La (426 Views)

Delta Hospital Allegedly Seizes Newborn Baby Over N383,500 Bill / Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home / "I Had Ulcer, Doctor Touched My Breasts And Vagina At A Lagos Hospital" - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Argument Ensues As Baby Dies After Lagos Hospital Allegedly Rejected Woman In La by LoneRangerx(f): 6:35pm On Dec 03, 2021
A medical doctor has started an argument after saying doctors have a right to reject a rude patient.

The doctor said this after a hospital in Lekki, Lagos, was accused of rejecting a woman in labour because she was rude.

After waiting for hours without being attended to, the women was taken to another hospital where her baby eventually died due to the delay.

Re: Argument Ensues As Baby Dies After Lagos Hospital Allegedly Rejected Woman In La by LoneRangerx(f): 6:35pm On Dec 03, 2021
As the hospital was called out on Twitter, a doctor weighed in, stating that a doctor has the right to refuse a patient if they are rude.

This has now led to an argument.

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2021/12/argument-ensues-as-baby-dies-after-lagos-hospital-allegedly-rejected-woman-in-labour-because-she-was-rude.html

Re: Argument Ensues As Baby Dies After Lagos Hospital Allegedly Rejected Woman In La by thesicilian: 6:40pm On Dec 03, 2021
It's so sad that she had to lose her baby, after 9months of stress, discomfort and pains for something that may have easily been prevented. Patients in pains can do the unimaginable and we usually wave it aside as expected. I wonder what exactly was categorized as rudeness that could have made them send her away
Re: Argument Ensues As Baby Dies After Lagos Hospital Allegedly Rejected Woman In La by Folakzm(f): 6:42pm On Dec 03, 2021
This is so heartbreaking
Re: Argument Ensues As Baby Dies After Lagos Hospital Allegedly Rejected Woman In La by slawormiir: 7:00pm On Dec 03, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Stupid doctors everywhere

Just attend to her and stop that stupidity of telling us she us rude...

Normal....pregnant women are rude...anyday anytime twice on the day of their delivery
But that doesn't mean you should not attend to her

Stupid doctors every
Re: Argument Ensues As Baby Dies After Lagos Hospital Allegedly Rejected Woman In La by NoToPile: 4:39am On Dec 04, 2021
A woman in labor rude?

Lots of women are always dramatic during labor I don't see how being rude is suppose to be an issue.
Re: Argument Ensues As Baby Dies After Lagos Hospital Allegedly Rejected Woman In La by Laird(m): 5:56am On Dec 04, 2021
Who wears the shoes know where it pinches.
In practice, some of the patients a health workers sometimes is putting extra effort for tends to very rude and snappy and sarcastic.
It's painful but doctors and nurses are not the causes of people's health problems. You don't fight a mechanic because a car that You have been using got spoilt on the road. You don't fight a food seller because You are hungry.
Some Nigerian patients come to the hospital and behave rude to people they want to care for them. Everybody has limits.
Only parties involved know what really transpired

(1) (Reply)

Please Help !!! I Don't Understand My Body System Anymore / What Do I Do. / It's all gone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.