Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,201 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? (3046 Views)

10 Safety Tips When Driving In The Rain / Nigerian Women Are Bad Drivers!!! / 15 Places You Must Never Overtake The Car In Front Of You When Driving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by tunde300us(m): 6:22pm On Jun 11, 2011
I guess rokiatu is an example of what the poster is talking about,she wants to slap the guy for making his feelings known.I can imagine what will happen if one encounter you on the road cry (oyinbo repete )
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by Nija4Life(m): 6:34pm On Jun 11, 2011
To be honest, this is not just a female issue, driving in general is horrendous in Nigeria. People drive very erratic without any consideration for other road users thereby causing unnecessary road traffic and many avoidable accidents. This is made worse due to the fact that there isn't any road traffic enforcement in Nigeria; anyone can take to the road regardless of driving competence or medical fitness or even under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Sadly this is another aspect of our national life that has fallen victim of corruption and ineffectiveness and you wonder what really does the FRSC do? Another organisation that needs real root and branch reform unless we will continue to experience reckless driving which leads to accidents and avoidable deaths only for us to end up blaming witches and wizards instead of our ineptitude and total disregard for human life.

http://www.hilonah-educationthatworksfornigeria..com
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by tpia5: 6:47pm On Jun 11, 2011
thank you.

imagine one i.diot  complaining because one female driver stopped to let some children cross the road

i really dont know where they raise goats, gorillas and wasted f.ools like the op and the other m.orons from.

so bad drivers in nigeria are limited to the female populace?

@Andyanders
obviously madness is the trademark in your family genes as we can see from this thread.

s.tupid almajiri that you are.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by MaiSuya(m): 6:55pm On Jun 11, 2011
not sure this generalization is fair. . .if anything, I've noticed women seem to be more apologetic when they are wrong.
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by andyanders: 7:02pm On Jun 11, 2011
@Richvkunt

Nice contribution.
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jun 11, 2011
I live in Nigeria and I have been driving for the past 15 years all over the country.
While I agree that there is a lot of reckless driving in Nigeria,from my experience women are very poor drivers.
A woman driving a car in front of you is liable to slam on her brakes abruptly,therefore the need to give her a gap of a least five cars.

A few years ago,I was driving in Sokoto along the Illela border road,when this car came zooming across the road at a T junction,fortunately I was able to slam on my brakes in the nick of time,however the vehicle coming towards Sokoto on the other hand was not so fortunate and ended up smashing into the rear end of the vehicle that had crossed the T junction recklessly.
When we all gathered our wits about us,and every one came down from their vehicles to inspect the damage.Out of the vehicle that crossed the T junction recklessly emerged a woman,who started weeping and wailing and blaming the driver of the on coming vehicle that had rammed into her rear end.
To cut a long story short we learnt from her wailing that she had taken the keys to her husbands new car without his knowledge,and she was rushing back home to park the vehicle before he got home.In fact she was so sure her husband was going to divorce her when he saw the damage to his new car.
As I exited the scene and got into my car,I felt sad for the womans predicament,but then she had put the lives of so many people in danger through her dumb action,and she even took the car without her husbands permission!
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 11, 2011
rokiatu:

And so because you encounter one mean lady driver who was probably having a bad day, you just jump to the conclusion that Women are mean drivers?

Seriously some people need to be slapped hard for coming up with stoopid topics.

Errrm, urmm *+=!!@!! Rok! shocked This isn't like you!
shocked shocked *Someone else must be wearing her skin, and using your Nairaland account without Rok's knowledge*
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by seunspice(m): 9:19pm On Jun 11, 2011
i have personally made it a rule not to give any woman the right of way except she shows the right attitude, and as a matter of principle i dont struggle for the right of way either. Nigerian drivers are genrally aggressive, especially in lagos and the female driver mostly come from the point of view that men would normally want to 'chance' them on the road, so they are mean, ruthless and calous.
Just this evening on my way back from Surulere prior to the Kanu testimonial, a lady in a silver toyota first lady refused me passage in fron of the national stadium, i promptly overtook her before we could climb the yaba bridge. She tailed me hard and went past me at Palmgrove only to deny me access to go past whenever i attempted to. I promptly used the BRT lane to edge past when i had the chance and when she did not give up the chace, i made her hit an okada by my 'danfo' driving style. Left her to be slugging it out with the rider while i eased off into Maryland. Fellow male drivers who ran into me at the traffic stop at Maryland were all giggling and giving me thumbs up. She made a real mess of herself.
Howver, there are worse male drivers and very cool headed female drivers out there.-
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by andyanders: 9:36pm On Jun 11, 2011
@ seunspice
i have personally made it a rule not to give any woman the right of way except she shows the right attitude, and as a matter of principle i dont struggle for the right of way either. Nigerian drivers are genrally aggressive, especially in lagos and the female driver mostly come from the point of view that men would normally want to 'chance' them on the road, so they are mean, ruthless and calous.

I like your contribution. I like people like you who reasn with their brain.
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jun 11, 2011
when i buy my jeep, any woman or man self who drags with me on my right of way will suffer the brunt of the begged bash, and i will speed off!!!
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by sultaan(m): 10:22pm On Jun 11, 2011
Going by how tough it is for a woman to own a car, I'm sure had to be aggressive.

If she let her soft side show on Nigerian road, you know what those danfo drivers will do.

Women are human too as implied by Rokia.Can't judge her by that response

rokiatu:

And so because you encounter one mean lady driver who was probably having a bad day, you just jump to the conclusion that Women are mean drivers?

Seriously some people need to be slapped hard for coming up with stoopid topics.
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by Tolulop001(f): 10:54pm On Jun 11, 2011
on the real, females are terrible drivers!

i did a mini survey once i.e  for everyone that did something outrightly silly in front of me on the road(other than the danfo drivers angry ), i would check to see if it was female or male to confirm this suspicion. 
needless to say, the females won hands down!

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by texazzpete(m): 11:06pm On Jun 11, 2011
This isn't a myth. A large number of female drivers are pretty mean.
As someone said earlier, it's most likely due to their belief that male drivers are out to oppress them and hence they must be as mean and 'tough' as possible.
They plead with you with their eyes and hands and you'd give them room to cut in. As soon as the roles are reversed, they'll resolutely ignore all your entreaties.
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by tpia5: 12:55am On Jun 12, 2011
Fellow male drivers who ran into me at the traffic stop at Maryland were all giggling and giving me thumbs up.

hiss.

e ni iya nle.
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by Tadeus(m): 7:25am On Jun 12, 2011
they are mean simply bcoz the dont want to be intimidated by any male driver,

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by Nobody: 8:36am On Jun 12, 2011
Siena:

Errrm, urmm *+=!!@!! Rok! shocked This isn't like you!
shocked shocked *Someone else must be wearing her skin, and using your Nairaland account without Rok's knowledge*
LOL Siena grin
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by Nija4Life(m): 2:18pm On Jun 12, 2011
seunspice:

Just this evening on my way back from Surulere prior to the Kanu testimonial, a lady in a silver toyota first lady refused me passage in fron of the national stadium, i promptly overtook her before we could climb the yaba bridge. She tailed me hard and went past me at Palmgrove only to deny me access to go past whenever i attempted to. I promptly used the BRT lane to edge past when i had the chance and when she did not give up the chace, i made her hit an okada by my 'danfo' driving style. Left her to be slugging it out with the rider while i eased off into Maryland. Fellow male drivers who ran into me at the traffic stop at Maryland were all giggling and giving me thumbs up. She made a real mess of herself.
Howver, there are worse male drivers and very cool headed female drivers out there.-

In any civilised society both of you would be done for driving without due diligence or even dangerous driving. Perhaps this is a Nigerian thing or a stereotype but I still hold the opinion that bad driving cuts across all strata of society in Nigeria regardless of gender. Ironically in the developed world like the UK for example, women are are considered better drivers hence they get lower car insurance premiums and even in car sales; quality of a car is most likely to be better if it was previously onwned by a female driver.

http://hilonah-educationthatworksfornigeria..com
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by kpolli(m): 10:18am On Jun 13, 2011
cos they bliv they r the weaker sex so they must drive like possessed drivers
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by anointedf(m): 12:09pm On Jun 13, 2011
Most women are like that, they feel you want to cheat them becos you are a man.
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by evamathis: 1:40pm On Jun 13, 2011
the op has a point
heck,I am a woman and I hate female drivers too
they are petty  grin grin grin grin grin

funny the same happened to me last night
for no reason I chose to do "agidi"
and my husband shook his head and asked why
I answered "hes trying to bully me on my own lane " lol
so maybe its a woman thing

tho am mostly nice,yesternight was one of the very few bad days grin grin grin
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by andyanders: 8:28pm On Jun 13, 2011
@evamathis

Madam, you are blessed cos, you have spoken the truth.That goes to tell people that you are a special woman who is truthful
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by aribisala0(m): 8:20am On Jun 14, 2011
driving in nigeria is a good metaphor for the nigerian atttitude and approach to life
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 17, 2011
Naija women are out of control & that's a fact grin In the home, on the highways, in the offices, on Nairaland, they flail about wildly with a chip the size of Nigeria on their shoulder grin
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by iice(f): 3:35pm On Jun 17, 2011
looool @ topic. Anyway i think driving is horrendous with any of the gender. Especially those okada drivers. Flying on the road like say na air strip cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Help,they Say I Can't Use Tinted Windows,even Tho I Have Paid For D Permit / Between Manual And Auto: Which Is Better / Please Recommend A Good Ml 430 (mercedes Benz) Mechanic In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.