Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,164 members, 7,818,536 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Medicine, Nursing Or Pharmacy–which Course Is Better To Study In The University? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Medicine, Nursing Or Pharmacy–which Course Is Better To Study In The University? (1916 Views)

Dentistry Or Pharmacy. Which Is More Lucrative And Who Earns More? / New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin / Radiography Vs Pharmacy. Which Is More Lucrative (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Medicine, Nursing Or Pharmacy–which Course Is Better To Study In The University? by ViviFray17(f): 3:30pm On Dec 04, 2021
Good afternoon, everyone. Please I need your opinion on which of these courses is more suitable to study.

I wrote WAEC this year and I have recently received my result (I did pretty well) and I am also planning on writing JAMB next year. But, I haven't really decided on which course to study. I asked my Uncle and he suggested Nursing, my mom thinks that medicine is more ideal for someone of my intellect and my siblings are saying I should go for pharmacy.

I am hesitant in making a decision on the of impulse because, the course which would alter my future. I really don't want to choose a path I would later regret ( I've learnt from the experiences of others so I need to decide very carefully)

So I might need your thoughts on this. Thank you.
Re: Medicine, Nursing Or Pharmacy–which Course Is Better To Study In The University? by WinningEleven(m): 3:40pm On Dec 04, 2021
Medical student here
I’d fully recommend going for MBBS though it is not going to be easy
Forget all the As you have in your waec result, jamb can humble you if care ain’t taken grin

In terms of job surety and opportunities, Medicine is the best choice.
I did jamb 3 times before I could get mine. And that’s still a small number compared to some of my coursemates
Not trying to scare you. Just telling you what to expect
I see no difference in nursing and MBBS tho

2 Likes

Re: Medicine, Nursing Or Pharmacy–which Course Is Better To Study In The University? by Thegamingorca(m): 11:51pm On Dec 04, 2021
Nursing

The world out there is in dire need of nurses.

The moment you are certified It's so easy to migrate from this useless place into saner climes. Nursing is on the long term skilled occupations list in demand in most developed countries.

Why kill yourself studying medicine or pharmacy, when you can have so much more for so little.

1 Like

Re: Medicine, Nursing Or Pharmacy–which Course Is Better To Study In The University? by ModelLook(m): 12:09am On Dec 05, 2021
ViviFray17:
Good afternoon, everyone. Please I need your opinion on which of these courses is more suitable to study.

I wrote WAEC this year and I have recently received my result (I did pretty well) and I am also planning on writing JAMB next year. But, I haven't really decided on which course to study. I asked my Uncle and he suggested Nursing, my mom thinks that medicine is more ideal for someone of my intellect and my siblings are saying I should go for pharmacy.

I am hesitant in making a decision on the of impulse because, the course which would alter my future. I really don't want to choose a path I would later regret ( I've learnt from the experiences of others so I need to decide very carefully)

So I might need your thoughts on this. Thank you.

Forget what your Uncle, Mum and Siblings want. The question here is...

WHAT DO YOU WANT?

Take out time and ask yourself that question.
This is because it is only you that will face the course. Noone will follow you to the School to study it. It's your head alone.
In all, pray to GOD for guidance.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Chartered Institute Of Secretary And Administrators / Blue Chip Companies And Their Pay Packages / Help! I'm The Boss's Favourite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.