Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Sylvester Oromoni: Police Say Investigation Into Student's Death Is Ongoing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sylvester Oromoni: Police Say Investigation Into Student's Death Is Ongoing (10051 Views)

Nigeria Police: Say No To Vote Buying & Electoral Violence (Pictures) / Falana Petitions Police Over Kemi Olunloyo’s Comments On Sylvester Oromoni Death / Emene Killings: Enugu Police Say IPOB Shot At Them First (Read Full Statement) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sylvester Oromoni: Police Say Investigation Into Student's Death Is Ongoing by Lanrelagboi: 7:28pm On Dec 04, 2021
PRESS RELEASE
4TH DECEMBER, 2021

INVESTIGATION INTO THE DEATH OF SYLVESTER OROMONI OF DOWEN COLLEGE, LEKKI, ONGOING

The Lagos State Police Command is not unaware of the reported death of one Sylvester Oromoni, a 12-year-old student of Dowen College, Lekki, Lagos which is currently going viral on the social media.

The Command wishes to inform the public that, although no formal report of the incident was made to the police, the Commissioner of Police, upon hearing about it instantly directed the Divisional Police Officer, Maroko Division under whose jurisdiction the place of incident is to immediately visit the school to carry out initial investigation into the incident.

This directive has been carried out as investigation into the case has since commenced. However, in view of the seriousness of the case, the Homicide Section of the State Criminal Investigation Department, Panti, has also been directed to take over investigation of the case immediately.

Members of the public, particularly the deceased's bereaved parents, friends and relatives, are assured that the Lagos State Police Command has deployed all available human and material resources at its disposal to unravel the circumstances surrounding the sad and unfortunate incident.

While diligent investigation is ongoing, members of the public are advised against taking the law into their own hands. They are also enjoined to refrain from comments that could jeopardize investigation.

The Commissioner of Police, CP Hakeem Odumosu, while commiserating with the bereaved family, has equally assured that the outcome of police investigation would be made public in due course.

SIGNED:

CSP ADEKUNLE AJISEBUTU (ANIPR),
POLICE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER,
LAGOS STATE COMMAND.

https://oyotoday.com/investigation-into-the-death-of-sylvester-oromoni-of-dowen-college-lekki-ongoing/

1 Like

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Say Investigation Into Student's Death Is Ongoing by ForeThinker: 8:37pm On Dec 04, 2021
;The world is watching ooo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Say Investigation Into Student's Death Is Ongoing by God1000(m): 8:37pm On Dec 04, 2021
Good, we demand for full investigation and those found guilty should be severely punished, his death breaks my heart.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Say Investigation Into Student's Death Is Ongoing by PrinceOfLagos: 8:37pm On Dec 04, 2021
Sha don't collect bribe and sweep the case under the carpet

Na una way be dat

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Say Investigation Into Student's Death Is Ongoing by karzyharsky(m): 8:38pm On Dec 04, 2021
We dey wait

2 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Say Investigation Into Student's Death Is Ongoing by articleme(m): 8:38pm On Dec 04, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Say Investigation Into Student's Death Is Ongoing by Coronavirus84: 8:38pm On Dec 04, 2021
When enough digits enter police hand now, they will turn the case against Sylvester Oromoni cos he is no more earth to testify.
The same is happening to the death of an MBA student of OAU in ile- Ife.
Nigerian police are not trustworthy in cases like this.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Say Investigation Into Student's Death Is Ongoing by revived: 8:39pm On Dec 04, 2021
E go be

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Say Investigation Into Student's Death Is Ongoing by FlipModeSquade(m): 8:39pm On Dec 04, 2021
Trust the Nigerian Police at your peril..

This issue will die a natural death..

Take it from me.. angry

4 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Say Investigation Into Student's Death Is Ongoing by bigcasava1(m): 8:40pm On Dec 04, 2021
This one police put hand nothing good will come out of it
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Say Investigation Into Student's Death Is Ongoing by Skillsnigeria: 8:40pm On Dec 04, 2021
Ok
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Say Investigation Into Student's Death Is Ongoing by Godfullsam(m): 8:40pm On Dec 04, 2021
Let justice prevail
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Say Investigation Into Student's Death Is Ongoing by chocolateme(f): 8:41pm On Dec 04, 2021
This will go a good way since all eyes are on this case.
Very unfortunate incidence. God will help us
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Say Investigation Into Student's Death Is Ongoing by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:42pm On Dec 04, 2021
Wetin una still want to investigate there again? Something (this case) that is as clear as day and night.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Say Investigation Into Student's Death Is Ongoing by Cantonese: 8:42pm On Dec 04, 2021
And the end of that investigation must not b shrouded in mystery. It should not become a political or tribal issue.

Get straight to business. Arrest the evil children and their conniving parents. Deal with them according to the law.

7 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Say Investigation Into Student's Death Is Ongoing by tnerro1(m): 8:42pm On Dec 04, 2021
Ok, but my 2 by 4 still dey on standby angry

1 Like

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Say Investigation Into Student's Death Is Ongoing by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 04, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
Trust the Nigerian Police at your peril..

This issue will die a natural death..

Take it from me.. angry

As the Deeper life school issue died a natural death..no wait...

1 Like

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Say Investigation Into Student's Death Is Ongoing by rastaLivity: 8:49pm On Dec 04, 2021
And when did NPF start investigation before arrest

2 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Say Investigation Into Student's Death Is Ongoing by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:50pm On Dec 04, 2021
Nigeria black man? cheesy grin grin

Forget it man... nothing good can come out

See how these corrupt big man are damaging our dear country using their wards.

If una like continue to worship them, instead of lynching them or banishing them from the community.
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Say Investigation Into Student's Death Is Ongoing by JayTripz(m): 8:50pm On Dec 04, 2021
Ahhhhhhh

Na wa.... Parents just de fear now .. Person pikin de school..him heart nor go rest.

Na so Principal call my customer way I de buy Fufu from yesterday....her heart just fly ...she de ask principal abeg watin happen... Principal say nothing,I just call to appreciate you....

God protect our children in school ooooo

Let Justice prevail in this case

3 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Say Investigation Into Student's Death Is Ongoing by toxtimmy: 8:51pm On Dec 04, 2021
The school go bribe police as police don hit jackpot... Watch as this case go disappear in like 1, 2, 3 go.

God1000:
Good, we demand for full investigation and those found guilty should be severely punished, his death breaks my heart.
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Say Investigation Into Student's Death Is Ongoing by Benbellamor: 8:53pm On Dec 04, 2021
What investigation after allowing 2 of the suspect to flee the country already?
Lekki toll Denial Loading again... God helpbus

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Say Investigation Into Student's Death Is Ongoing by God1000(m): 8:53pm On Dec 04, 2021
toxtimmy:
The school go bribe police as police don hit jackpot... Watch as this case go disappear in like 1, 2, 3 go.

naija police can't be trusted for anything, but they better put aside their shenanigans on this situation.
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Say Investigation Into Student's Death Is Ongoing by gasparpisciotta: 8:57pm On Dec 04, 2021
An insider is involved in these cult activities

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Say Investigation Into Student's Death Is Ongoing by Onyiiobi7735(m): 9:00pm On Dec 04, 2021
Hope investigation would be thoroughly done and justice done.
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Say Investigation Into Student's Death Is Ongoing by YorubaIsCursed: 9:02pm On Dec 04, 2021
Yoruba self angry cry
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Say Investigation Into Student's Death Is Ongoing by slimvida(f): 9:04pm On Dec 04, 2021
They should get to the bottom of this
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Say Investigation Into Student's Death Is Ongoing by Sheriman(m): 9:06pm On Dec 04, 2021
Abi no be this NIGERIA wey we dey?? Na today all this things dey happen wey justice never come? Police go collect dia own roger now dem go pim d matter down slowly. Don't be shock like Bubu as inquiry and investigation go close within some months. Welcome to Naijiriya.
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Say Investigation Into Student's Death Is Ongoing by SLOVFO(m): 9:09pm On Dec 04, 2021
I wonder why the family didn't make a formal complaint at the police. If they had done that the school won't have swept the matter under the carpet and the culprits probably would have been in police custody by now.

3 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Say Investigation Into Student's Death Is Ongoing by EndBuhariNow(m): 9:12pm On Dec 04, 2021
Well am loved by all because am friendly , generous and more importantly dad live abroad so I always come to school with new things, even teachers wanted to date me, but my only mistake I no knack any of them back then despite they throw themselves on me, only bully I had those days, one male teacher who happens to be my girlfriend crush, the girl senior me with 1class but we were dating, this man used to bully me in front of morning Assembly, he always pick me out to do one particular task. He insult and harasses me because of a girl it really hurt my feelings, the one that break the camelback, i returned from break a bit late, he ordered me to kneel down in front of my girlfriend , which I obeyed, that one no do him, he gave my classmate Cane to flog me in front of my girlfriend and junior students am in ss2 then , I stood my ground, I stand up, pick my bag from class and walk away, i stopped coming to school, even the owner of that school had to come to our house to beg me personally because my parent are patron in that school, but I refused to go back, so many of my friends withdrawn from the school and we registered for extra moral lessons for waec , they sacked him because of that, 7 years after that incident I saw him while driving, I stopped him he didn't even recognise me, but he was very ashamed and sorry of his hatred towards me, he wasn't looking good from his appearance, I took to him to a restaurant and bought food and drink for him and also dashed him 50k... he was shedding tears like pikin I told him I have forgiven him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kuriga School Children: It's Not Important if Ransom Was Paid Or Not - Gov Sani / Reuben Abati's Response To Patience Jonathan AU Delegates Story / PDP Has A Hand In Election Postponement –Ajibulu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.