Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,856 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

OPINION: Why Igbos Should Support A Tinubu Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPINION: Why Igbos Should Support A Tinubu Presidency (304 Views)

Akin Alabi: When I Was In PDP I Was A Tinubu Man To The Core / 2023: Tinubu Presidency Will Help Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode / 2023: Low Turnout As Yoruba Summit Pushes For Tinubu Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OPINION: Why Igbos Should Support A Tinubu Presidency by HelloWriter: 9:14pm On Dec 04, 2021
Igbos were the most outspoken section of the country against a Buhari Presidency prior to 2015 presidential race. It seems that Igbos now have the bragging right to tell other Nigerians, "but we told you".

Once again, Igbos are the most outspoken against the possibility of a Tinubu Presidency. It can be understood why most Igbos are against a Tinubu Presidency.

I was against the Tinubu Presidential ambition until I looked at it more closely. A Tinubu Presidency will actually favor Igbos. See how...

In 1997 (only 2 years before Bola Tinubu became the Governor of Lagos), he was quoted by a ThisDay report as saying "I don't believe in One Nigeria".

www.nairaland.com/attachments/14637536_images11_jpeg_jpeg2db82c4a8d0f86b2eeb07aac89170992

If you think that Tinubu has changed this view, please, think again because, as it is said, "old beliefs die hard".

It is unthinkable that Tinubu has changed a political view he held only 2 years before becoming the Governor of Lagos in 1999. In addition to this, Tinubu has been an eloquent advocate of restructuring. As a political viewpoint, restructuring is very close to the breakup of the country.

Most Igbos advocate for either outright breakup or restructuring of the country. Unknown to many of them, they have an ally in Tinubu on this.

It's just that Tinubu is a master tactician. He's careful not to expose his plans to those guys in the North. I won't say more than this.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Why Igbos Should Support A Tinubu Presidency by after4: 9:17pm On Dec 04, 2021
but tinubu also spoked against buhari before 2015, why did old beliefs change?

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Igbos Should Support A Tinubu Presidency by Penguin2: 9:54pm On Dec 04, 2021
Whatever the op wrote up there is trashy talk

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Why Igbos Should Support A Tinubu Presidency by KillIgbohoN0W: 10:08pm On Dec 04, 2021
[s]
HelloWriter:
Igbos were the most outspoken section of the country against a Buhari Presidency prior to 2015 presidential race. It seems that Igbos now have the bragging right to tell other Nigerians, "but we told you".

Once again, Igbos are the most outspoken against the possibility of a Tinubu Presidency. It can be understood why most Igbos are against a Tinubu Presidency.

I was against the Tinubu Presidential ambition until I looked at it more closely. A Tinubu Presidency will actually favor Igbos. See how...

In 1997 (only 2 years before Bola Tinubu became the Governor of Lagos), he was quoted by a ThisDay report as saying "I don't believe in One Nigeria".

www.nairaland.com/attachments/14637536_images11_jpeg_jpeg2db82c4a8d0f86b2eeb07aac89170992

If you think that Tinubu has changed this view, please, think again because, as it is said, "old beliefs die hard".

It is unthinkable that Tinubu has changed a political view he held only 2 years before becoming the Governor of Lagos in 1999. In addition to this, Tinubu has been an eloquent advocate of restructuring. As a political viewpoint, restructuring is very close to the breakup of the country.

Most Igbos advocate for either outright breakup or restructuring of the country. Unknown to many of them, they have an ally in Tinubu on this.

It's just that Tinubu is a master tactician. He's careful not to expose his plans to those guys in the North. I won't say more than this.
[/s]

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Abuja Based Realtor, Olorunfunmi Gets European-american University's Doctorate / Lagos Governor, Sanwo-olu Shelves Planned #endsars Peace Walk / Mkpurummiri: Hon Eric Seeks NDLEA Support To End Menace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.