Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Is 0.45mm aluminum thickness good for a Metcopo Roofing design? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is 0.45mm aluminum thickness good for a Metcopo Roofing design? (822 Views)

Black Metcopo & Ivory White Aluminum For Parapet / 0.45mm Gauge Aluminum Longspan Now Selling @ N1, 070 And 0. 55mm N1, 450 / 0.45mm Metcopo Roofing Done In Fuga Edo State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is 0.45mm aluminum thickness good for a Metcopo Roofing design? by EmekaMD(m): 10:14am On Dec 05, 2021
So I'm building a 6 bedroom apartment (all enough suite) which my Dad supervises because I'm not at home.

We got approached by a sales representative of an aluminum roofing company the past weekend, they measured the roof (we had finished the wood skeleton already) negotiated with my Dad and agreed at #1.7m for a 0.55mm metcopo, covering both the materials and workmanship.

Two days ago we made the payment to them as agreed so they could mold the aluminum to our preferred design (metcopo) and start work this coming Tuesday.

So I spoke with my Dad today and he mentioned that he visited the company's manager at their office to know how how far they've gone with the molding, and the manager said that the price was not enough for the 0.55mm. That his salesperson told us the wrong price. That the price we paid was for 0.45mm. He mentioned that we need to pay extra 300k if he must offer us the 0.55mm sheets. He also advised that it should be a "straight" aluminum design instead of metcopo design if we wanna go ahead with the 0 45mm because the roof might leak if 0.45mm thickness gets molded to metcopo design

Problem is I have no plans of making and extra 300k payment. I do not like the straight design. I think it's and old design already.
I plan to ask him to go ahead and mold the 0.45mm to metcopo. But I wanna know if it's good enough or if it'd actually leak? I do not believe the company's manager because I feel he wants to get us to pay more money.

I apologize for the length and poorly crafted write up. Too busy at work but needed to get people's opinions as I plan to give my Dad a go ahead later tonight.
Re: Is 0.45mm aluminum thickness good for a Metcopo Roofing design? by Megateq(m): 10:22am On Dec 05, 2021
Please add 300k to get 0.55mm. Also some companies have two type of .55mm, namely standard and high.
Re: Is 0.45mm aluminum thickness good for a Metcopo Roofing design? by waploger(m): 11:06am On Dec 05, 2021
EmekaMD:
So I'm building a 6 bedroom apartment (all enough suite) which my Dad supervises because I'm not at home.

We got approached by a sales representative of an aluminum roofing company the past weekend, they measured the roof (we had finished the wood skeleton already) negotiated with my Dad and agreed at #1.7m for a 0.55mm metcopo, covering both the materials and workmanship.

Two days ago we made the payment to them as agreed so they could mold the aluminum to our preferred design (metcopo) and start work this coming Tuesday.

So I spoke with my Dad today and he mentioned that he visited the company's manager at their office to know how how far they've gone with the molding, and the manager said that the price was not enough for the 0.55mm. That his salesperson told us the wrong price. That the price we paid was for 0.45mm. He mentioned that we need to pay extra 300k if he must offer us the 0.55mm sheets. He also advised that it should be a "straight" aluminum design instead of metcopo design if we wanna go ahead with the 0 45mm because the roof might leak if 0.45mm thickness gets molded to metcopo design

Problem is I have no plans of making and extra 300k payment. I do not like the straight design. I think it's and old design already.
I plan to ask him to go ahead and mold the 0.45mm to metcopo. But I wanna know if it's good enough or if it'd actually leak? I do not believe the company's manager because I feel he wants to get us to pay more money.

I apologize for the length and poorly crafted write up. Too busy at work but needed to get people's opinions as I plan to give my Dad a go ahead later tonight.

why not patronise
@money121
Re: Is 0.45mm aluminum thickness good for a Metcopo Roofing design? by EmekaMD(m): 4:42pm On Dec 05, 2021
Megateq:
Please add 300k to get 0.55mm. Also some companies have two type of .55mm, namely standard and high.
thank you sir.
But I wanted to know your reason sir?

Does 0.45mm leak? If not then why can't I go on
Re: Is 0.45mm aluminum thickness good for a Metcopo Roofing design? by emooo(m): 8:50pm On Dec 05, 2021
Bros don't dear use 0.45 gauge for metcoppo even the straight aluminium don't use 0.45 if you want to have rest. But as for me I will not advice you to go for any step aluminium it's either straight or stone coated tiles
Re: Is 0.45mm aluminum thickness good for a Metcopo Roofing design? by fortunejum: 9:09am On May 04, 2023
We have not gotten enough information on the subject matter. I will like to know why 0.45 guage metcoppo sheet is not good for roofing.
Re: Is 0.45mm aluminum thickness good for a Metcopo Roofing design? by fortunejum: 9:47am On Apr 19
Please our honourable Engineers in the house, I want to know the truth on the subject matter. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian House Plan: Construction Of A 4unit Block Of Flats / Searching For Land / I Am Looking For A House To Buy In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.