Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,843 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' (33541 Views)

Idris Bello Danbazzau Dumps PDP For APC / Body Of General Idris Alkali Found In Jos / General Idris Alkali's Personal Items Found In A Pond. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by aspabay(m): 2:58pm On Dec 05, 2021
dfrost:
shocked shocked

Is that a national threat?

Please can someone educate an illiterate like me the functions of DSS? I'm confused.

Economic sabotage? Okay let's go there but does this I any way threaten the security of the state? fergie001 i need help here, my legal captain.

I need to know. The website might not state the full functions. sad

The issue of economic sabotage is under the purview of the DSS. Especially as it now concerns oil and gas.

I remember when dSS invited my dad on the suspicion of purchasing stolen tanker load of petrol.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by BruncleZuma: 3:10pm On Dec 05, 2021
grin grin grin grin
Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by Funkyswagzz(m): 3:14pm On Dec 05, 2021
bcomputer101:
Let me enlighten everyone. Many of you don't know much about the sins of this man.

This is one of those people that inflated price of food stuffs in Nigeria.
This man with his boys all over the North has direct link with northern farmers. He recruited alot of staff in making sure they buy mostly all planted rice and beans (food stuffs) directly from the farmers at cheap price.
He will now re-bag and re-band and start selling at higher price. Most northern farmers even prefer to sell to him because he pay immediately.
He buy a bag of rice at 13,700 Naira and re-sell it to southerners for 31,000 Naira.

He's one of the captain of food sabotage in Nigeria.

Are you sure about this info.. cos it sound too good to be true?
Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by dfrost: 3:15pm On Dec 05, 2021
aspabay:

The issue of economic sabotage is under the purview of the DSS. Especially as it now concerns oil and gas.

I remember when dSS invited my dad on the suspicion of purchasing stolen tanker load of petrol.

Okay.
Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by TimeTraveller: 3:16pm On Dec 05, 2021
Thieves always look it.
Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by Saao(m): 3:18pm On Dec 05, 2021
dfrost:
shocked shocked

Please can someone educate an illiterate like me the functions of DSS? I'm confused.

Economic sabotage? Okay let's go there but does this I any way threaten the security of the state? fergie001 i need help here, my legal captain.

I'm not there fan but they can handle any function that may assign to them by the president of federal Republic of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by dfrost: 3:25pm On Dec 05, 2021
Saao:
I'm not there fan but they can handle any function that may assign to them by the president of federal Republic of Nigeria

I'm not their fan and I don't hate them. Me thinks that we have more serious internal security issues than all this.

My thoughts
Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by Turboking(m): 3:25pm On Dec 05, 2021
bcomputer101:
Let me enlighten everyone. Many of you don't know much about the sins of this man.

This man with his boys all over the North has direct link with northern farmers. He recruited alot of staff in making sure they buy mostly all planted rice and beans (food stuffs) directly from the farmers at cheap price.
He will now re-bag and re-band and start selling at higher price. Most northern farmers even prefer to sell to him because he pay immediately.
He buy a bag of rice at 13,700 Naira and re-sell it to southerners for 31,000 Naira.

lies.. fictitious if you ask me.
For those who can read inbetween the lines,the man is actually doing the right thing.. enforcing the law, rejected their bribes and they couldn't accuse him of anything, hence the need to call the DSS on him to shut him up accusing him of economic sabotage to justify the use of Dss
Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by ransomed: 3:29pm On Dec 05, 2021
[quote author=dfrost post=108233316] shocked shocked

DSS means Daura Secret Service.
It is the lap dog of the Man from Daura , it involves in dealing with anyone casting aspersions on the personality of the baban mutum . It is also for other dirty jobs. They operate like witches in the night like invading Sunday Igboho's home, kidnapping MNK from Kenya.
Providing cover for Herdsmen to unleash mayhem on innocent citizens.
Monitoring nairaland and other platform for descent voices and clamping them into detention without trial. Thank you.
Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by Saao(m): 3:36pm On Dec 05, 2021
dfrost:

I'm not their fan and I don't hate them. Me thinks that we have more serious internal security issues than all this.

My thoughts
I totally agree with you. We have serious security challenges because of the failure of intelligent gathering which is the core function of dss
Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by dfrost: 3:50pm On Dec 05, 2021
Saao:
I totally agree with you. We have serious security challenges because of the failure of intelligent gathering which is the core function of dss

Exactly. Which is why I was confused on how we got here. cool
Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by baralatie(m): 4:10pm On Dec 05, 2021
bcomputer101:

Huh
Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by Arabaincubus: 4:20pm On Dec 05, 2021
He is a General na. In Nigeria, Generals cannot sim and do no harm.
Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by boladez(m): 4:23pm On Dec 05, 2021
dfrost:
shocked shocked

The act setting them up covers crime of this nature.

However the more disturbing part is the lack of synergy between government bodies. This is so shameful

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by Fourwinds: 4:25pm On Dec 05, 2021
OK...
Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by billyG(m): 4:29pm On Dec 05, 2021
bcomputer101:

Eehn!
Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by dfrost: 4:30pm On Dec 05, 2021
bcomputer101:

Thanks for the enlightenment. Well appreciated.
Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by jaxxy(m): 4:39pm On Dec 05, 2021
bcomputer101:

Wow. Terrible economic sabotage
Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by masseratti: 4:50pm On Dec 05, 2021
dfrost:
shocked shocked

i really don't understand why a "national secret police service" will be getting involved in petty things like this,, what the function of the supervising ministry? The DPR, the Efcc, the DSS should be well above board and not concerning themselves in all sorts of things.
Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by fof1: 4:52pm On Dec 05, 2021
CrownOfClay724:
Lol.

Even DSS here is doing the same thing they are accusing the man of.

Yeye country.
cheesy

They are within their Lawful Position...Pls.
Preemptive actions to Stem or Avert Economic Sabotage....a Major National Security Threat.
Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by Hassanmaye(m): 5:07pm On Dec 05, 2021
bcomputer101:

Allah ya tsine mai
Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by Coolgent(m): 5:15pm On Dec 05, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Is he related to Abdulrahman Dambazau ?
Noy really but they are from the same town Dambazau.

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by McTobe(m): 5:44pm On Dec 05, 2021
There are different aspects of National Security:
1. Economic Security (Economic Sabotage/ Subversion which this case concern is one of their key AOR)
2.Food Security
3. Human Security
Etc
DSS Covers all of them including VIP Protection
dfrost:
shocked shocked

Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by JayB11(m): 5:46pm On Dec 05, 2021
seniormallam:
How does that translate to a national threat to warrant DSS presence for goodness sake, everyone is confused under bubu

U sure say u be Senior Mallam? Go and read abt their Functions, it is stated clearly that it is part of their responsibilities. That's what i know as a Legal Practitioner.

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:07pm On Dec 05, 2021
dfrost:
shocked shocked

Yes it does

Lack of food caused French revolution
Lack of food caused Chinese revolution
Lack of food caused Russian revolution
Venezuelan revolution
Cuban
Etc

Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by Poopypants: 6:13pm On Dec 05, 2021
bcomputer101:

thank you for this detailed explanation
Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by Trumpism: 6:20pm On Dec 05, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Is he related to Abdulrahman Dambazau ?

No

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by nedekid: 6:34pm On Dec 05, 2021
Abokiiss and build big names.
Danbazauuu grin
Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by ArewaNorth: 7:50pm On Dec 05, 2021
dfrost:
shocked shocked

Mandate. The mission of the SSS is to protect and defend the Federal Republic of Nigeria against domestic threats, to uphold and enforce the criminal laws of Nigeria, and to provide leadership and criminal justice services to both federal and state law-enforcement organs.

Economic sabotage includes cyber crimes, tax evasion, robbery, selling of controlled substances, and abuses of economic aid and it is clear that his action has directly or indirectly fall under the above mentioned crimes and one of the functions of DSS is to uphold or enforce law!

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by Affiliatecopy16(f): 8:14pm On Dec 05, 2021
Arrested for giving out my stuff undecided. And let me get the car first.. I would come back to tell you how I feel
wpadmin:

Can you buy a car for 4 million Naira and sell it for 1 million Naira the following week because hand is paining you to drive?

You should be arrested.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Know What I’m Doing, Buhari Tells Critic, Dele Momodu / Bonario Nnags: "IPOB Finally Touched My Community Last Night" / Peter Obi, Wike Meetings: You Shouldn’t Sleep Well – Ohuabunwa Tells Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.