Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,214 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Should Parents Fight Their Kid's School Managers For Bullying The Child? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Parents Fight Their Kid's School Managers For Bullying The Child? (277 Views)

My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! / He Got My Sister Pregnant, Rejected It, Now He Wants The Child 16 Years After / Family Photos Of An Albino And A Black Wife With Their Kid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Parents Fight Their Kid's School Managers For Bullying The Child? by HelloWriter: 8:55pm On Dec 05, 2021
I have taught in three high schools. Two out of three were schools attended by the so-called rich kids (whose parents' income levels were above average).

One thing I noticed teaching rich kids is that their arrogance prevents them from learning from the teachers whom they mostly look down on as inferior creatures.

Another thing I noticed is that if you show a kid that you could deal with the school managers on his/her behalf, he/she no longer respects the school managers (teachers and all). I believe that such attitudes affect not only the children's curricula learning but also their life prospects.

Yesterday, I wrote this article here on Nairaland where I held Late Sylvester's family responsible for some of the causes that led to his eventual death. I made it clear that my reason for writing the article was to help other parents/guardians learn from the sour event.

But, I almost regretted posting the article when one Nairalander after another kept commenting about how they would have beaten up the school managers when the lad complained about getting bullied by fellow students. It's clear that I was misunderstood by most of the readers.

I don't support that a child's parents/guardians should quarrel or fight with their child's school unless it becomes ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. And, even when it becomes necessary that you quarrel (never fight) with your child's school over the child, you shouldn't let the child know about the beef. Instead, you should make a child see you to have respect for his/her school managers.

I believe that making the child respect his school managers would help to improve his/her learning and life prospects. For example, it would help them to pay attention to the teachers. Also, it would help them to be more respectful to people (including YOU).

Who disagrees with my perspective on this sensitive matter?
Re: Should Parents Fight Their Kid's School Managers For Bullying The Child? by backnbeta(f): 9:13pm On Dec 05, 2021
I agree with you that students should respect school managers, but school management should not see rich kids as God's because of the goodies they get from their parents. The way they handle bullying cases in Nigeria is very bad and the teachers need serious training on identifying bullies and how to handle such cases and save the victims. Parents should also not be too tired to hear their children out; we shouldn't allow the school management to bully us into silence!
Re: Should Parents Fight Their Kid's School Managers For Bullying The Child? by Afamsi: 9:29pm On Dec 05, 2021
Both the school management and his parents have their share of blame in the sad incident
Re: Should Parents Fight Their Kid's School Managers For Bullying The Child? by Richy4(m): 7:15am On Dec 06, 2021
I disagree with your perspective sir.. I will always put my kid first.. I will always make my child know fully well that I am behind his wellbeing in school..

I will teach him respect..I will like him to tell me whenever he was being bullied in school by the students and the teachers... There was a story that made front page where a teacher removed the pupil's tooth...
Are u telling me that the parent have no right to confront the school to register their displeasure? If I am fighting in that kind of fight, he must be aware of it... When he grows old and have a family of his own, he too will fight for his family..

In the case of the young boy that was killed, Did u see how the management of the so called school you were desperately trying to defend did all they could to cover up the murder of an innocent boy... The management said he was playing soccer hence the injury... Even shutting down the voice of innocent kids that tried to explain what went down..

I'm glad about one thing though... That due to bad administration going on in Nigeria, Nigerians can now see through cover up stories...

Don't worry about your paycheck sir.. When u say the truth, without caring about your daily bread or which side your bread is buttered, we will know and agree with u...

1 Like

Re: Should Parents Fight Their Kid's School Managers For Bullying The Child? by HelloWriter: 9:56am On Dec 06, 2021
Richy4:
I disagree with your perspective sir.. I will always put my kid first.. I will always make my child know fully well that I am behind his wellbeing in school..

I will teach him respect..I will like him to tell me whenever he was being bullied in school by the students and the teachers... There was a story that made front page where a teacher removed the pupil's tooth...
Are u telling me that the parent have no right to confront the school to register their displeasure? If I am fighting in that kind of fight, he must be aware of it... When he grows old and have a family of his own, he too will fight for his family..

In the case of the young boy that was killed, Did u see how the management of the so called school you were desperately trying to defend did all they could to cover up the murder of an innocent boy... The management said he was playing soccer hence the injury... Even shutting down the voice of innocent kids that tried to explain what went down..

I'm glad about one thing though... That due to bad administration going on in Nigeria, Nigerians can now see through cover up stories...

Don't worry about your paycheck sir.. When u say the truth, without caring about your daily bread or which side your bread is buttered, we will know and agree with u...
Due to the harsh situations around the country, I understand why people would seek to quarrel in every situation even when nothing calls for it. But, I am not here to quarrel, and neither will I let anyone pull me into it. Instead, I would like you to point out anywhere in my writeup that made you say that I was desperately defending the school while suggesting that I was paid for my writing.

And, I wonder why Lalasticlala doesn't take this kind of didactic sensitive topic to the fp for more people to contribute and learn.
Re: Should Parents Fight Their Kid's School Managers For Bullying The Child? by Richy4(m): 11:27am On Dec 06, 2021
HelloWriter:

Due to the harsh situations around the country, I understand why people would seek to quarrel in every situation even when nothing calls for it. But, I am not here to quarrel, and neither will I let anyone pull me into it. Instead, I would like you to point out anywhere in my writeup that made you say that I was desperately defending the school while suggesting that I was paid for my writing.

And, I wonder why doesn't take this kind of didactic sensitive topic to the fp for more people to contribute and learn.
For your information dear, No one is quarreling with you.. I don't have such time and luxury...
But how you cannot read between the line of your own article, your subtle and cleaver write up in third to the last paragraph is beyond me...

(1) (Reply)

How To Upload Full Whatsapp Profile Picture (no Cropping) / Kiddies Toy Zone / Domestic Staff Background Check

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.