Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,350 members, 7,819,250 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

3 Ways To Be Successful As A Cucumber Farmer - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 3 Ways To Be Successful As A Cucumber Farmer (158 Views)

How To Become A Profitable Cucumber Farmer – The Complete Farming Guide / Looking For A Cucumber Farm/cultivation In Kwara State/ilorin / I Need A Cucumber Buyer In Lagos, Delivery Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Ways To Be Successful As A Cucumber Farmer by osomagroservice: 4:19am On Dec 06, 2021
If you are looking for high yields within a short time frame in farming, cultivating Cucumber is definitely one to venture in. However , a fore knowledge of the market could help mitigate the potential risks.

I began cultivating Cucumber about a decade ago in Epe, Lagos , South West of Nigeria. Nonsurprisingly , many persons opine that Cucumbers in the market or consumed in the West are all from the North.

However, the key to cultivating any crop,regardless of geographical location is understudying and simulating the adequate environment for it to be productive.

From my experience , these 3 factors remain crucial in cultivation - even in Cucumber Farming:
1) Timing
2) Surrounding oneself with knowledgeable farmers
3) Understudy

1) Timing:
For maximal profit,ensure you time your harvest , so you will not have to compete with the supply from the North.

2)Surrounding yourself with experienced , successful and knowledgeable farmers could tentatively give you leverage .

[/size]
3)Understudy:
To be topmost in any field, there is a place of training and retraining. Hands-on-training ,will always be a plus .

For me, l ventured into cucumber farming because the crop has potentials of high yield in a short duration, nonetheless, passion, knowledge, close monitoring and tenacity is essential to achieve great results, just as of any business.

(1) (Reply)

Freemax Maxus Series Kits: Do You Know Their Highlights? / Refined Palm Olein Available / How To Back-up Phone Contacts To Your Google Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.