Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,544 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Keeping A Secret - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Keeping A Secret (131 Views)

Will There Be A Secret Rapture? / Nails Used In Christ's Crucifixion Unearthed In A Secret Monastery Chamber (Pix) / Catholic Church Notice About Keeping Of Phones, Wallets, Handbags Goes Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Keeping A Secret by MyCatholicLife: 9:20am On Dec 06, 2021

One act of love we can offer another is our confidentiality. We have all had experiences of people coming to us with a problem or confusion and they ask us to keep it to ourselves. Can you keep this form of a sacred secret? Confidentiality is a wonderful act of mercy to others. If you can be truly confidential, others will come to realize this quality in you and they will more readily come to you with their concerns. This act of friendship, given out of love, opens the door to others to open their hearts and let you in. As you enter in, do so with much understanding and care and the Lord will bless them through you (See Diary #1638).

Reflect upon the question of confidentiality. When someone shares something in confidence with you, do you immediately think about who else you can tell? Are you tempted to reveal these secrets or, even worse, to spread gossip? The Lord wants many souls who are there for others, to listen to them, to understand them and to love them no matter what they need to share. Be a holy listener and confidant and you will be an instrument of much Mercy.

Lord, I pray that I may become a person of great integrity, offering a compassionate and confidential ear to those who need it. Give me grace to be freed of useless chatter and gossip and to revere every person, respecting their dignity through privacy. May I never push or probe for more but only be a compassionate friend who is always there to show love. Jesus, I trust in You.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFwt2d0Hy4Q

(1) (Reply)

"O That Men Would Praise The Lord For His Goodness,...." / How To Discover Your Vision (5) / "The Lord Mighty In Battle."

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.