Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,635 members, 7,809,388 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

Nigerian Banks And Their Confusion About CBN Policies - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Banks And Their Confusion About CBN Policies (233 Views)

CBN Policies Paying Off as exchange rate (N1431/$) posts Best Gain in 6 Weeks / What You Need To Know About CBN’s Lifting Forex Restriction On 43 Items / Godwin Emefiele: 13 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About CBN Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Banks And Their Confusion About CBN Policies by Livelystone01: 4:48pm On Dec 06, 2021
Good evening nairalanders. I am not one who makes much topics or posts, but I'm really not happy with the way Nigerian banks operate. They act so haughty sometimes, I don't know if they are all competing for the throne.

My last topic was about the date in one of my $50 bills that caused an issue at the bank and until they saw the downloaded memo from CBN (thumbs up to nairaland for creating the avenue for someone with similar issue to help with that), they were acting stubborn.

Today it is the issue of a broken note. My anger was that I collected the money from first bank (Oginigba, PH) and went to UBA to pay the money into my domiciliary account. UBA rejected it because they saw a tiny little crack on one of the bills, they told me they won't collect it. The gentle me stopped the deposit because of one issue and went back to first bank only for them to be surprised about it. The staff used their FX machine to count it and it passed, she said, "you see, it passed, they are supposed to collect it". She reluctantly changed it to a better one that is almost squeezed with a tiny part broken again. I was in a hurry to pay in today that I didnt bother to check it, only for UBA to reject it again.

I just said, I want to close my domiciliary account please. The customer care thought the money there was small only for her to check the account and started calling their Port Harcourt head office to discuss the issue. I told her not to bother that I want to close the account and withdraw all the cash inside.
Before my very eyes, people who were acting like pharaohs started acting like allies. They said "from today you will be specially treated", but I told them to please close the account and that of my corporate and my individual accounts.

We finally arrived at a conclusion, but I was already angry at them because of the last encounter.

So my question is, why do Nigerian Banks act haughty? Which of them is the most haughty?
Re: Nigerian Banks And Their Confusion About CBN Policies by Livelystone01: 4:50pm On Dec 06, 2021
Please mods help the this to front page to help others who may fall victim of broken bills from those haughty banks.
You people should check well and reject it, tell them to change it to avoid stress.

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Re: Nigerian Banks And Their Confusion About CBN Policies by blackboy(m): 6:06pm On Dec 06, 2021
Nigerian banks are kings. The requirements to open accounts no be here. All blame usually on CBN
Re: Nigerian Banks And Their Confusion About CBN Policies by Livelystone01: 8:05pm On Dec 06, 2021
blackboy:
Nigerian banks are kings. The requirements to open accounts no be here. All blame usually on CBN
They always claim CBN said this or that but they act differently sometimes when it comes to simple stuffs.

(1) (Reply)

Playstation 3 Slim For Sale / 5 REASONS YOU Aren't Making Sales With Affiliate Marketing / Look No Further ! Convert Your Paypal Funds To Naira At N400/$

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.