Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,764 members, 7,851,610 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:39 AM

Train 7: Do Something About Workers’ Salaries – Ijaw Leader To Authorities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Train 7: Do Something About Workers’ Salaries – Ijaw Leader To Authorities (493 Views)

NLNG’s $10bn Train-7 Project Threatened Over Daewoo Shutdown / President Buhari Breaks Ground For Nigeria LNG Train 7 / Saipem, Daewoo, Chiyoda Win $10bn NLNG Train 7 Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Train 7: Do Something About Workers’ Salaries – Ijaw Leader To Authorities by giftibo: 7:36pm On Dec 06, 2021
Princewill Jumbo
He raised the alarm that there was no favourable salary structure in place at the different sites in the area, stressing that entrenching a proper salary structure commensurate with the amount of work put in and in line with global best practices was in the interest of all.

“The project is a welcome one. I know the Amanyanabo-in-Council means well; the Bonny Local Government Chairman means well; and the Bonny Chiefs Council means well for Bonny people. But from what I have seen so far and the interaction I have had with workers there is no salary structure for the workers and the earlier that is put in place the better for all of us.”

The Chairman Emeritus, Ibani (Bonny) Clan, appealed to the Amanyanabo of Bonny Kingdom, King Dr Edward Asimini William Dappa Pepple III, CON, JP, Perekule XI, and Chairman of Bonny LGA, Dame Anengi Barasua, the Leader of the Bonny Legislative Assembly, Rt. Hon. Larry Ibaningo, among others to set up a joint consultative committee to wade into the matter.

“I am appealing to the e one. I know the Amanyanabo-in-Council, the Bonny Local Government Chairman, and the Bonny Chiefs Council that they should look into this salary matter.”

“It will not be good that the project is going on and every now and then we hear that the workers have downed tools because their welfare is not well packaged.”

Concerns have been raised recently over the salary situation across various sites in Bonny LGA, with stakeholders calling on the authorities to intervene and ensure there was a template for all companies to work with in existing projects and the Train 7 project.

1 Like

Re: Train 7: Do Something About Workers’ Salaries – Ijaw Leader To Authorities by sageb: 9:31pm On Dec 06, 2021
giftibo:
Princewill Jumbo
He raised the alarm that there was no favourable salary structure in place at the different sites in the area, stressing that entrenching a proper salary structure commensurate with the amount of work put in and in line with global best practices was in the interest of all.

“The project is a welcome one. I know the Amanyanabo-in-Council means well; the Bonny Local Government Chairman means well; and the Bonny Chiefs Council means well for Bonny people. But from what I have seen so far and the interaction I have had with workers there is no salary structure for the workers and the earlier that is put in place the better for all of us.”

The Chairman Emeritus, Ibani (Bonny) Clan, appealed to the Amanyanabo of Bonny Kingdom, King Dr Edward Asimini William Dappa Pepple III, CON, JP, Perekule XI, and Chairman of Bonny LGA, Dame Anengi Barasua, the Leader of the Bonny Legislative Assembly, Rt. Hon. Larry Ibaningo, among others to set up a joint consultative committee to wade into the matter.

“I am appealing to the e one. I know the Amanyanabo-in-Council, the Bonny Local Government Chairman, and the Bonny Chiefs Council that they should look into this salary matter.”

“It will not be good that the project is going on and every now and then we hear that the workers have downed tools because their welfare is not well packaged.”

Concerns have been raised recently over the salary situation across various sites in Bonny LGA, with stakeholders calling on the authorities to intervene and ensure there was a template for all companies to work with in existing projects and the Train 7 project.

Well said

(1) (Reply)

Opinion: 2023: What Manner Of President Do We Seek? / Igbo Better Off In A United Nigeria – Uzodinma / Tinubu Campaign Steering Committee Inaugurated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.