Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,827 members, 7,817,414 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Orji Kalu Gives ₦1 Million To Enyimba Players After Winning Match - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Orji Kalu Gives ₦1 Million To Enyimba Players After Winning Match (12629 Views)

Enyimba Players Mercilessly Beaten By Plateau United Fans (Photos) / 1998 Super Eagles Vs Ex-enyimba Players This Weekend In Aba / See How Ladies Welcomed Atletico Madrid Players After Landing In Uyo. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orji Kalu Gives ₦1 Million To Enyimba Players After Winning Match by Metrix147: 9:04pm On Dec 06, 2021
Pillar of Sports in Africa and the Senator representing Abia North, Sen. Orji Uzor Kalu has given the African champions, Enyimba Football Club of Aba the sum of N1m.

This is in fulfilment of his promise to the club if they win their match against the Al Ittihad Sc on Sunday in the ongoing CAF Confederation Cup.

Recall that the former Governor on Saturday through his verified Facebook page pledged to encourage Enyimba with the sum of one million  Naira if they win the Tunisians

Enyimba had on Sunday prevailed 2-0 against their Libyan opponents in the playoff round fixture at the Enyimba Stadium, with Sadiq Abubakar and Victor Mbaoma getting the goals.

In a Facebook post sighted by ABN TV on Monday, Sen. Kalu wrote, "On Saturday, I promised to gift one million naira to the players of Enyimba FC should they win their yesterday's CAF Confederation Cup against the Al Ittihad Sc. I am so happy Enyimba won with 2-0 and I have duly fulfilled my promise. Congratulations Enyimba!"

While acknowledging the donation, Chairman of Enyimba FC, Chief Felix Anyansi Agwu said, "Senator Kalu had promised to reward the team with one million naira for a win, and following Sunday's result, has duly fulfilled the pledge.

"We are very thankful to the former Governor for remembering Enyimba at this crucial stage. Senator Orji Uzor Kalu is man whose love for football has never been in doubt, that is why he is a Pillar of Sports in Africa. His gift is a big boost to the players."

"This singular act has gone to underline the truth that football is an important tool for bringing people together and it is our sincere hope to continuously achieve results that will bring smiles to the faces of our people."  

Sen. Kalu, a notable sports investor had during his tenure as governor of Abia State raised Enyimba FC from relegation zone to champions of Africa.

The club had won the African champion two consecutive times.

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/2021/12/sen-orji-kalu-doles-out-n1m-gift-to-enyimba-players/

2 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu Gives ₦1 Million To Enyimba Players After Winning Match by aylive02(m): 9:18am On Dec 07, 2021
cheesy
NPFL and fixed matches na 5 and 6
Re: Orji Kalu Gives ₦1 Million To Enyimba Players After Winning Match by HolyMonks: 9:18am On Dec 07, 2021
Nice gesture duo.
But wait hope he is not doing notice me for come 2023?.

15 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu Gives ₦1 Million To Enyimba Players After Winning Match by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 9:18am On Dec 07, 2021
Wey all the money wey Dem say this man get??

I million naira for full club?? Not even each? Get the broke Modafuccerr Outta here.

No be im mate Gumi dey find cows, virgins, money, lands and amnesty for im people dem

43 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu Gives ₦1 Million To Enyimba Players After Winning Match by BigDolph(m): 9:18am On Dec 07, 2021
Encouragement

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Gives ₦1 Million To Enyimba Players After Winning Match by Kingosytex(m): 9:18am On Dec 07, 2021
Giving one million naira from the billions he stole grin

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu Gives ₦1 Million To Enyimba Players After Winning Match by PedroEastman: 9:18am On Dec 07, 2021
Re: Orji Kalu Gives ₦1 Million To Enyimba Players After Winning Match by Ppogbae: 9:19am On Dec 07, 2021
For the whole team? grin

11 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu Gives ₦1 Million To Enyimba Players After Winning Match by verybadmouth(m): 9:19am On Dec 07, 2021
Not bad from Kalu. Better than giving Mr Davido that has abundance of it.
Re: Orji Kalu Gives ₦1 Million To Enyimba Players After Winning Match by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 07, 2021
How many players won share One Million.

How much one player go collect

7 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu Gives ₦1 Million To Enyimba Players After Winning Match by NoFucksToGive: 9:19am On Dec 07, 2021
Nigerian leaders are demons, see how they have killed sports. Now all the youths want to get into crime or politics. these are the only two ways to make it in our country thanks to the evil leaders angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu Gives ₦1 Million To Enyimba Players After Winning Match by seguntravels009(m): 9:19am On Dec 07, 2021
Nice one. grin
Re: Orji Kalu Gives ₦1 Million To Enyimba Players After Winning Match by hisexcellency34: 9:19am On Dec 07, 2021
Our generous incoming president, Federal Republic of Kuje Prison

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu Gives ₦1 Million To Enyimba Players After Winning Match by vcente(m): 9:19am On Dec 07, 2021
Nice one
Re: Orji Kalu Gives ₦1 Million To Enyimba Players After Winning Match by Lalami3232(m): 9:20am On Dec 07, 2021
Nice one Mr Orji..... Everyone needs motivation to do better in life. I'm impressed!!!

I don talk am before and I go talk am again "the day I go mistakenly born girl pikin, I go ******"
Re: Orji Kalu Gives ₦1 Million To Enyimba Players After Winning Match by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 07, 2021
Ppogbae:
For the whole team? grin
omo. Imagine o. If coach and management Carry there own weti go remain! Omo. Sha he tried non the less !
Re: Orji Kalu Gives ₦1 Million To Enyimba Players After Winning Match by SuperbCrown: 9:20am On Dec 07, 2021
I miss that old Enyimba that won the CAF champions league. That was when Enyimba was Enyimba

2 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu Gives ₦1 Million To Enyimba Players After Winning Match by lloydtruth: 9:20am On Dec 07, 2021
"Pillar of Sports in Africa"
The way you people praise these politicians.

2 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu Gives ₦1 Million To Enyimba Players After Winning Match by mainman7(m): 9:21am On Dec 07, 2021
In another news:

Peleh. Wa wa alright soon.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu Gives ₦1 Million To Enyimba Players After Winning Match by princeogbeide1(m): 9:22am On Dec 07, 2021
He should stop abusing Naira
Re: Orji Kalu Gives ₦1 Million To Enyimba Players After Winning Match by walozanga(m): 9:22am On Dec 07, 2021
Abalona
Re: Orji Kalu Gives ₦1 Million To Enyimba Players After Winning Match by GrifindorHouse(m): 9:22am On Dec 07, 2021
aylive02:
cheesy
NPFL and fixed matches na 5 and 6

You are so uninformed and loud at the same time....

5 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu Gives ₦1 Million To Enyimba Players After Winning Match by IamRandy: 9:23am On Dec 07, 2021
The way you guys are giving this THIEF attention recently is what I don't understand...

No matter what he does, #Atiku #Kalu #Tinubu #Osibanjo, etc WILL NEVER BE PRESIDENT of NIGERIAgrin

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Gives ₦1 Million To Enyimba Players After Winning Match by kellyjc(m): 9:23am On Dec 07, 2021
1m from a multi billionaire to a team of over 20 players in this hard economy to me isn't an incentive. He tried but he could have done better.

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Gives ₦1 Million To Enyimba Players After Winning Match by KosiGee(m): 9:23am On Dec 07, 2021

Recall that the former Governor on Saturday through his verified Facebook page pledged to encourage Enyimba with the sum of one million Naira if they win the Tunisians

Enyimba had on Sunday prevailed 2-0 against their Libyan opponents in the playoff round fixture at the Enyimba Stadium

Al Ittihad SC is a Libyan club but the match was played in Tunisia because of the insecurities in Libya.
Re: Orji Kalu Gives ₦1 Million To Enyimba Players After Winning Match by ninocia18(m): 9:24am On Dec 07, 2021
You still won't be president of Nigeria. Ask Andy UBA how far.
Re: Orji Kalu Gives ₦1 Million To Enyimba Players After Winning Match by Sirlins(m): 9:25am On Dec 07, 2021
He no want EFCC abii na KFC Dem dey call them matter. Ordinary 1m

Re: Orji Kalu Gives ₦1 Million To Enyimba Players After Winning Match by Millimann: 9:25am On Dec 07, 2021
After the win.

Re: Orji Kalu Gives ₦1 Million To Enyimba Players After Winning Match by omonla10(m): 9:25am On Dec 07, 2021
1800 dollars( that's like 50 dollars each for players and coaching crew) sad

Me sef, wey no get shishi, I can dash 1m talk less of this billionaire

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Gives ₦1 Million To Enyimba Players After Winning Match by OgaBunny: 9:27am On Dec 07, 2021
I hope it's 1 million each

If it's 1 million for the whole squad, then nothing more than 50k go reach everybody las las. embarassed embarassed

Re: Orji Kalu Gives ₦1 Million To Enyimba Players After Winning Match by Weedhustler: 9:27am On Dec 07, 2021
Kingosytex:
Giving one million naira from the billions he stole grin

Can u prove that he stole?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Has Been Ruled Out For The Third Game In A Row. / Pep Guardiola : Sane Out For ‘six Or Seven Months’ / Plateau United Coach Disrupts Match After Attacking His Rivals On The Pitch.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.