Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

My Sweet Bitter Experience With Agberos In Abuja Yesterday. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Sweet Bitter Experience With Agberos In Abuja Yesterday. (1774 Views)

My Bitter Experience At The Police Station / Agberos Beat Soldier For Protesting The Bashing Of His Bike / Two Kidnappers Burnt Alive In Dei-Dei, Abuja Yesterday (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sweet Bitter Experience With Agberos In Abuja Yesterday. by Oyerinde16(m): 12:48pm On Dec 07, 2021
Don't bothered reading if you are not the reading type, it may get bored.

I drove someone down to the airport for a 2pm flight, dropped my paddi then headed home. Before I continue let me share this, My younger sister was caught once by (AMAC) Abuja municipal area council agents for wrong parking, she parked to pick a call, they blocked her with another car, then deceived her that cos she was a nice person they would not harass or charged her, they jumped into the car and told her to drive after the car in front so they could settle, they actually drove her to their office, on getting to the office, those that brought her disappeared, she said she saw many cars in the yard, on inquiry, she was directed to one office, on getting to the office, they told her that her offence was wrong parking and there were two options,

1* pay a #10,000 fine and take your car and go .
2* leave your car till Friday and come face a mobile court, the decision of the mobile court will then be binding.

She opted to pay and her car was released. When she came home and was gisting me I was angry, I told her to have called me, she said she forgot and was confused, she said she fell for the first line, she will be respected and not harassed if she cooperates.

I was just fuming and claiming this can never happen to me, I was claiming street. Back to yesterday.

As I drove out of the airport, i saw some people flagging down cars, some looking for lift and some taxi. I did not stop, but I saw some sec sch kids in uniform then I stopped, they begged that they were going to lugbe but did not have money. (I know the scope, we self do am for school) I sha told them to enter about 5 of them, on getting to police check point, 2 highlighted, on getting to car wash, the other 3 came down, unknown to me, someone just approached me and said jabi/airport junction, I was like that's my route okay come on, I did not even bother to look for other passengers to fill up, I zoomed, that's when trouble started.

The guy seated in front, removed my gear from drive, and the car began to jack to a halt, I was like what is going on, the guy now asked, I buy ticket. I was like what is ticket, I'm not a taxi, the guy asked me to park well. At this point, I knew I was in, I put my hand on my keys then drove and park by the other side of the road, we talked for about 10 min, the guy said I should settle him #5k or let's go to the office, he showed me one useless road transport union ID card. I told him i only had #500 and no more, he collected it, then said we need to still go to the office, at this point, I said I could not go anywhere, they guy opened the front passenger door and called some other agberos, they ran and came, opened the drivers door where I was seated, they asked how far, we dragged and dragged then I told them I did not have cash I could only transfer 1k as settlement, at this point they said if I don't pay 8k they would call towing van, I told them to call the towing van, one of the agberos made a fake call and told them to come to car wash, I was just smiling, later another one wanted to less my tire, I told him to go ahead and less the 4 tires, I calculated, that will cost me roughly #500 to re inflate considering vulcanizer were around, seeing I was not falling for any of their threats, they told me to lock up the car and follow them to POS to withdraw the money for them. I initially refused after a while, I later locked up, went to POS withdrew 2k and even gave them #1500, I now bid them farewell, that was where round 2 started. They said I can't go, that the oga was calling me, I was like I have settled you what else, he said since the oga had seen us, I should follow him and tell the oga I paid 2k so they won't think I paid more and he short changed.

I said OK, where the oga de, he pointed under one canopy, so I followed, on getting to the canopy, he hailed the people seated and handed over the money to one guy, I frisked the guy he was like my agemate or a little older, just that drugs and the thug life made him look battered. He asked for my car keys, I refused, other around him stood up and was like do I want to prove stubborn, I should cooperate so they can help me and resolve my issue, I handed over the keys to him. (My biggest mistake) he gave the keys to one agberos and told him to go bring the car, he said I should follow them so I won't claim they stole or my property got missing, on getting to the car, the agberos opened the drivers door and sat inside, he then tried to open the passengers door but he could not, cos the car operates mostly with buttons, and you needed to key it and at least put on the ignition, the security in the car meant the car will not start no matter what you do. He tried severally but could not open the passenger doors he was also unable to start the car, he asked me to open the doors and also show him how to start the car but I refused and told him that if anything spoils on this car he was going to pay. I told the one that tried to less the tires that, the tires he less was computerised pump, I told him he would pay for it, he began to fear, he said I should look at the tire they were not less, I told him he already released some air and the car was now indicating a fault in the two rear tires. Eventually after several failed attempt to start the car, we went back to meet the oga, the agberos told the oga I don't want to bring the car, the oga looked at me and others sitting around the oga were saying, I was not helping myself, they said if they bring that car there through other means, I was going to regret it, I told the oga that the car has security and I could not disclose it to the guy trying to start it, I told the oga to tell his boys to follow me, give me the key, I would remove the security myself and drive the car here, the oga collected the keys from the first agberos and handed it over to a senior agberos and told him to follow me and bring the car, (at this point, they had sized the worth of the car, its a Golf 6 GTI) they knew if they could get the car to their yard, I was going to cough out nothing less than #30k. We went down to the car and the senior agberos tried and failed too, so he told me to open the doors, I refused, he asked me to start the car I refused and warned him he was going to pay for any fault or damage, eventually, he crossed from the drivers seat to the front passenger seat, I sat down on the drivers seat and he gave me the car key. (In my mind I just laughed) SAVING GRACE. He told me to open the doors so others could enter, one of the agberos held the drivers door open, put one hand on the roof of the car in commando style. I told him to close the door and go to the passengers side, he refused that I must open the doors, I told him the security in the car will not open if he does not comply with my instructions, I also told him that his oga, is already seated in the car and I cannot run away, he refused and told me to give him the keys and come down, at this point I told him its not possible to return my car keys to him and I can't come down, the only condition I am giving him is to go to the back passengers side I would open the doors, he said the other guy is there I should open, he held unto the door. THIS IS WHERE MY OWN MADNESS STARTED. I started the car, engaged drive and zoomed, he was very lucky to have let off the door on time, I wanted to drag and wet the road with small of his blood. As I zoomed off with speed, I began dragging steering with the one inside, we dragged steering zigzagging on the road for about 200-300 meters, cars coming behind knew something was wrong and began to blare horn, sensing I was at the middle of the road, I braked, off the engine and took out the keys. I had elbowed the senior agbero twice while dragging the steering with me, the strength I showed him on wheels he knew if I went further with him with all the doors locked I would beat the living day hell out of him, I came down and he rushed out through the drivers seat, at this point the other agberos were running from afar, coming to meet us, but traffic had began to build up and some guys driving behind parked and came to know what was going on, with 4 agberos against cars pilling up and people coming to the scene, they had no choice other than to back off and let go, the useless agberos was saying if I knew I committed no offence why don't I want to go to the office, the other one said if I committed no offence why did I bribe with 2k, I asked him in the presence of people gathering who gave him the 2k and where was it, I denied giving any money, and he could not produce it so he just turned and started going, within a minute holdup was already building, they gave up and let me go, as I drove off, some abuja drivers plying the road were just horning and giving me thumps up, for a good display, luckily along IDU junction one of the taxi drivers who witnessed the scene was hailing me and telling me if they had taken my car to their yard, I was going to pay nothing less than 30k with I beg.

I saw matured men who took out their cars to hustle 1 or 2 for wife and kids begging and almost crying, standing while this bastards were seated commanding illegal respect. they have managed to deceive this onces into helping and being lenient with them if they brought their cars up there, they had even less their four tires.

I was angry they made away with my 2k but was very happy I showed them my street side of me and went home with my car.

Share your agbero experience and let's be careful....

15 Likes

Re: My Sweet Bitter Experience With Agberos In Abuja Yesterday. by shawnfamous(m): 12:50pm On Dec 07, 2021
Mine was when I was coming to Lagos.
As I dropped, I asked some razz looking guys where to urinate.
They both smiled and gave me a location to do that.
Upon returning and zipping my trouser, I saw like 12 men coming towards me, telling me my money was 50,000.
I just smiled and thought they were joking. Even the one that gave me direction was with them.
One brought out a phone to take a picture of Me telling me to pose. They forcefully seized my bag. I started going at loggerheads with them, I was tired as they never spoke in English.

Omo, I paid those fools my last 1k.

4 Likes

Re: My Sweet Bitter Experience With Agberos In Abuja Yesterday. by caesymore(m): 1:10pm On Dec 07, 2021
Nice result , Once you gave them the key I weak, good thing you realized your fuckup and knew your power depends on getting your key back.
Street wise you grin
Re: My Sweet Bitter Experience With Agberos In Abuja Yesterday. by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 07, 2021
This is street!
Re: My Sweet Bitter Experience With Agberos In Abuja Yesterday. by chyckxx(m): 1:20pm On Dec 07, 2021
this agbero menace has grown beyond control in some parts of nigeria; it’s worse in lagos, they mount road blocks and extort commuters.

1 Like

Re: My Sweet Bitter Experience With Agberos In Abuja Yesterday. by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 07, 2021
I no fit read this padded budget
Re: My Sweet Bitter Experience With Agberos In Abuja Yesterday. by Houseofglam7(f): 3:44pm On Dec 07, 2021
Sometimes you gotta to be mad to make sense to a mad man

1 Like

Re: My Sweet Bitter Experience With Agberos In Abuja Yesterday. by Danjikanbauchi: 3:44pm On Dec 07, 2021
@ OP I don't take bear I for buy you one bottle but you deserve a cold bottle of kunu.

Those idiots want to turn Abuja to Lagos.

The day my guy wooz their so called oga heavy slap and they come to realize he is a brigadier, the small small ones run away passerby ar the ones who saved them that day.

1 Like

Re: My Sweet Bitter Experience With Agberos In Abuja Yesterday. by laivwire(m): 11:29am On May 23, 2022
How did I stumble on this thread. This is pure madness mahn. grin

I've had one or two squabbles with these Abuja street urchins but it never got to this level. I'll rather drop 20k and move. Mad people
Re: My Sweet Bitter Experience With Agberos In Abuja Yesterday. by nosleep: 1:46pm On May 23, 2022
The script is too long. Op you go like talk too much.
Re: My Sweet Bitter Experience With Agberos In Abuja Yesterday. by Nobody: 12:45am On May 24, 2022
Abuja sef get agbero, lagos agberos for don light you since you de play style. but they'd let you walk for the slightest tip
Re: My Sweet Bitter Experience With Agberos In Abuja Yesterday. by epondudu: 12:56pm On May 24, 2022
chyckxx:
this agbero menace has grown beyond control in some parts of nigeria; it’s worse in lagos, they mount road blocks and extort commuters.
Your assertion that they block the road is incorrect,they don't do that in lagos.. Agbero mostly disturb commercial vehicles.
If you say police block the road that would have been correct.
Re: My Sweet Bitter Experience With Agberos In Abuja Yesterday. by chyckxx(m): 1:00pm On May 24, 2022
epondudu:

Your assertion that they block the road is incorrect,they don't do that in lagos.. Agbero mostly disturb commercial vehicles.
If you say police block the road that would have been correct.
you’ve obviously not been to lagos.

(1) (Reply)

Angela Okorie Shows Off Loaded Gun As She Asks Her IG Followers How Church / Bishop Beaten By Church Members And Fights Back Breaking Members Head & Called P / See Pics Of Boko Haram Militant Killed By Nigeria Troops (grapic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.