Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,410 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

Which One You Think Is Enonomical Now, Buying Food Outside Or Cooking At Home? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Which One You Think Is Enonomical Now, Buying Food Outside Or Cooking At Home? (813 Views)

How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? / Name any Weed You Know of That Can Be Used For Food or Cooking / Buying Food Outside, And Cooking At Home Which Is More Cheaper? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which One You Think Is Enonomical Now, Buying Food Outside Or Cooking At Home? by Hdanny(m): 3:55pm On Dec 07, 2021
With the way things are costly now, which one do you think is better guys?
Re: Which One You Think Is Enonomical Now, Buying Food Outside Or Cooking At Home? by Olunmercy56(f): 3:55pm On Dec 07, 2021
Cooking at home is better and cheaper, if you have freezer just cook once a eat it throughout the week because of expensive gas.

1 Like

Re: Which One You Think Is Enonomical Now, Buying Food Outside Or Cooking At Home? by Juliusmomoh: 3:58pm On Dec 07, 2021
Find a land and farm.... Atleast if you can't sell, you get some to eat for free..
Re: Which One You Think Is Enonomical Now, Buying Food Outside Or Cooking At Home? by HelloWriter: 3:59pm On Dec 07, 2021
Cooking at home will always be cheaper, healthier, and more enjoyable.
Re: Which One You Think Is Enonomical Now, Buying Food Outside Or Cooking At Home? by KillIgbohoN0W: 4:17pm On Dec 07, 2021
Eating out is cheaper now.
Kilo of chicken na 1800, turkey na 2500. Rubbish.

Money wey you go use cook common pot of beans & plantain go feed you outside for 3 days.
Re: Which One You Think Is Enonomical Now, Buying Food Outside Or Cooking At Home? by habsydiamond(m): 4:33pm On Dec 07, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:

Money wey you go use cook common pot of beans & plantain go feed you outside for 3 days.
go to eateries, u will know that cooking thabeans and plantain at home will make sense pass buying from outside..
Re: Which One You Think Is Enonomical Now, Buying Food Outside Or Cooking At Home? by caesymore(m): 4:33pm On Dec 07, 2021
Hdanny:
With the way things are costly now, which one do you think is better guys?

Cooking at HOme is always bae, Prepared my favorite unripe plantain sauce yesterday. I stay in Abuja, here the break down cost:
Plaintain - N1000
Half kilo of beef - N1200
Fresh tomatoes - N300
Onion -N100
Fresh Pepper - N100
Scent leaf - N100
Groundnut Oil - In stock
Knor - In stock

Total cost = N2800

The FOod could go for six meals, mean while I could estimate the cost of a plate to cost upto N1500 here in Abuja.
grin

1 Like

Re: Which One You Think Is Enonomical Now, Buying Food Outside Or Cooking At Home? by Hdanny(m): 4:57pm On Dec 07, 2021
Olunmercy56:
Cooking at home is better and cheaper, if you have freezer just cook once a eat it throughout the week because of expensive gas.
Yeah that's a good idea but we all know so many places lack constant electricity in Nigeria.
Re: Which One You Think Is Enonomical Now, Buying Food Outside Or Cooking At Home? by Hdanny(m): 4:58pm On Dec 07, 2021
Juliusmomoh:
Find a land and farm.... Atleast if you can't sell, you get some to eat for free..
Lol Oil dey your head cheesy
Re: Which One You Think Is Enonomical Now, Buying Food Outside Or Cooking At Home? by Hdanny(m): 4:59pm On Dec 07, 2021
HelloWriter:
Cooking at home will always be cheaper, healthier, and more enjoyable.
Sure but the way things are getting high every second, some people will still prefer to eat outside.
Re: Which One You Think Is Enonomical Now, Buying Food Outside Or Cooking At Home? by Hdanny(m): 5:00pm On Dec 07, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:

You no lie bro
I think cooking is only good for family nowadays
Re: Which One You Think Is Enonomical Now, Buying Food Outside Or Cooking At Home? by Olunmercy56(f): 5:04pm On Dec 07, 2021
Hdanny:

Yeah that's a good idea but we all know so many places lack constant electricity in Nigeria.

It's still better cooking at home. I can spend #1k a day to eat outside
Re: Which One You Think Is Enonomical Now, Buying Food Outside Or Cooking At Home? by Hdanny(m): 5:04pm On Dec 07, 2021
caesymore:

Cooking at HOme is always bae, Prepared my favorite unripe plantain sauce yesterday. I stay in Abuja, here the break down cost:
Plaintain - N1000
Half kilo of beef - N1200
Fresh tomatoes - N300
Onion -N100
Fresh Pepper - N100
Scent leaf - N100
Groundnut Oil - In stock
Knor - In stock

Total cost = N2800

The FOod could go for six meals, mean while I could estimate the cost of a plate to cost upto N1500 here in Abuja.
grin
I can feel the joy in you as you prepared your favorite meal but I assure you that amount will sustain some people for two days at mama put restaurant grin
Re: Which One You Think Is Enonomical Now, Buying Food Outside Or Cooking At Home? by KillIgbohoN0W: 5:04pm On Dec 07, 2021
[s]
habsydiamond:
go to eateries, u will know that cooking thabeans and plantain at home will make sense pass buying from outside..
[/s]

Be reasonable and compare to a bukka. How many Nigerians eat in fancy restaurants everyday?

If you want to involve eateries, you also have to upgrade the home cooked food to Banana Island home standard not that your Igando gas cylinder concoction. Let's see if 3k go fit cook for Banana Island home.
Re: Which One You Think Is Enonomical Now, Buying Food Outside Or Cooking At Home? by caesymore(m): 7:49pm On Dec 07, 2021
Hdanny:

I can feel the joy in you as you prepared your favorite meal but I assure you that amount will sustain some people for two days at mama put restaurant grin

Well here a plate is mostly 1k in Abuja bro. That money can't go for a day's meal, though it depends on individual values
Re: Which One You Think Is Enonomical Now, Buying Food Outside Or Cooking At Home? by sureinfo: 8:16pm On Dec 07, 2021
Any which way you look at it cooking at home is cheaper. The main issue is storage, it's best of you can store plenty cooked food cos small scale cooking can be relatively more expensive. Meanwhile having beverages can save you a lot, and if you love Nescafe then you're in luck cos you can win instant gifts and cash when you partake in their start with a win promo.

Re: Which One You Think Is Enonomical Now, Buying Food Outside Or Cooking At Home? by seunsiju(m): 9:22am On Dec 08, 2021
Both are eConomical....but i preffered cooking at home so i can be full....If i use 1k to cook for a day, i will eat to satisfaction, but the same 1k can't sustain me in a restuarant
Re: Which One You Think Is Enonomical Now, Buying Food Outside Or Cooking At Home? by temmybuhnmy(f): 9:54am On Dec 08, 2021
Cooking is more economical especially when you cook all your food at a go and put them in the fridge...

Pleased patronise, my business I sell food stuffs in whole sales prices
Bag of rice
Beans
Garri
Oil
Tin tomato's
Spices and all
We do home delivery as well, just call us and tell us what you want we got you covered
+234 912 898 7154..

Re: Which One You Think Is Enonomical Now, Buying Food Outside Or Cooking At Home? by Pumpumking: 1:51pm On Dec 08, 2021
Olunmercy56:

It's still better cooking at home. I can spend #1k a day to eat outside

WOW...1k a months? Wtf? sweeery i hav moiney.. u need moiney. me n u can arrange..can i mate wit u please? cheesy

(1) (Reply)

What's Happening At Village Kitchen? / Banana And: / Call For Your Upcomming Events, Such As: Wedding, Birthday And Others.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.