Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Name any Weed You Know of That Can Be Used For Food or Cooking - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Name any Weed You Know of That Can Be Used For Food or Cooking (1693 Views)

Man Roasts Big Snake For Food(photos) / Media Kingpin Slaughters Giant Sea Turtle For Food (Photos) / Huge Python Caught In Abiriba, Abia. Butchered For Food As Villagers Gather (Pho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Name any Weed You Know of That Can Be Used For Food or Cooking by Kobojunkie: 2:59am On May 03, 2022
I only recently learned that the dandelion weed, which basically destroys one's lawn most every spring, if care is not taken, is in fact an edible weed. According to Health.ClevelandClinic.org, Dandelions pack a whole lot of vitamins and minerals into a small plant. “They're probably the most nutritionally dense green you can eat — outstripping even kale or spinach,” Geib says. Dandelion greens, in particular, are a great source of vitamins and minerals such as: Vitamins A, C and K. undecided

I even read somewhere that dandelion leaves are used in preparing efo soup. Whodathunkit! All these years, I have been wasting tons of delicious vegetables all spring and summer when I could have been harvesting them all for my soup pot. grin

What other edible weeds do you know of. undecided

1 Like

Re: Name any Weed You Know of That Can Be Used For Food or Cooking by chukwuibuipob: 3:00am On May 03, 2022
sad
Re: Name any Weed You Know of That Can Be Used For Food or Cooking by Mooh247: 4:57am On May 03, 2022
Yeah right!! when you are done pretending you let us know... Your Username told us the specific kind of edible weed you are looking for

3 Likes

Re: Name any Weed You Know of That Can Be Used For Food or Cooking by silvoclaira: 5:27am On May 03, 2022
undecided
Re: Name any Weed You Know of That Can Be Used For Food or Cooking by illicit(m): 6:25am On May 03, 2022
Cannabis

2 Likes

Re: Name any Weed You Know of That Can Be Used For Food or Cooking by Kobojunkie: 12:31pm On May 03, 2022
illicit:
Cannabis
Edible? Can you make food you can safely feed kids from it? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Name any Weed You Know of That Can Be Used For Food or Cooking by illicit(m): 1:32pm On May 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Edible? Can you make food you can safely feed kids from it? undecided

What kids can eat is not the meaning of edible

Is it?
Re: Name any Weed You Know of That Can Be Used For Food or Cooking by Kobojunkie: 1:34pm On May 03, 2022
illicit:
What kids can eat is not the meaning of edible

Is it?
Food is generally that which is safe for people of all ages. undecided

1 Like

Re: Name any Weed You Know of That Can Be Used For Food or Cooking by illicit(m): 1:39pm On May 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Food is generally that which is safe for people of all ages. undecided

Depends on what u make of the plant

Consider wheat, barley, fruits, cocoa, all these can be used in making alcohol, it's still food too.

1 Like

Re: Name any Weed You Know of That Can Be Used For Food or Cooking by Kobojunkie: 1:41pm On May 03, 2022
illicit:
Depends on what u make of the plant

Consider wheat, barley, fruits, cocoa, all these can be used in making alcohol, it's still food too.
Alcohol is a drink, not food. undecided

1 Like

Re: Name any Weed You Know of That Can Be Used For Food or Cooking by illicit(m): 1:47pm On May 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Alcohol is a drink, not food. undecided

It's made from the same plant that makes food

1 Like

Re: Name any Weed You Know of That Can Be Used For Food or Cooking by Kobojunkie: 2:09pm On May 03, 2022
illicit:
It's made from the same plant that makes food
Well, that maybe the case but it is processed mostly through your bladder and not your intestines, right? undecided
Re: Name any Weed You Know of That Can Be Used For Food or Cooking by illicit(m): 2:10pm On May 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Well, that maybe the case but it is processed mostly through your bladder and not your intestines, right? undecided

Food can be liquid too

1 Like

Re: Name any Weed You Know of That Can Be Used For Food or Cooking by Kobojunkie: 2:11pm On May 03, 2022
illicit:
Food can be liquid too
Liquid or colloidal? undecided
Re: Name any Weed You Know of That Can Be Used For Food or Cooking by illicit(m): 2:14pm On May 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Liquid or colloidal? undecided

lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Name any Weed You Know of That Can Be Used For Food or Cooking by Kobojunkie: 2:56pm On May 03, 2022
illicit:
lipsrsealed undecided
E.g. Pap, custard, canned milk, soup etc. undecided

1 Like

Re: Name any Weed You Know of That Can Be Used For Food or Cooking by illicit(m): 4:59pm On May 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
E.g. Pap, custard, canned milk, soup etc. undecided

Weed can be added to any form of food, it's edible.
Re: Name any Weed You Know of That Can Be Used For Food or Cooking by Kobojunkie: 4:59pm On May 03, 2022
illicit:
Weed can be added to any form of food, it's edible.
child safe? undecided
Re: Name any Weed You Know of That Can Be Used For Food or Cooking by illicit(m): 5:00pm On May 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
child safe? undecided

Edible doesn't mean child safe

Does it?
Re: Name any Weed You Know of That Can Be Used For Food or Cooking by Kobojunkie: 5:01pm On May 03, 2022
illicit:

Edible doesn't mean child safe
Does it?
Food is generally that which is safe to eat for people of all ages. undecided

1 Like

Re: Name any Weed You Know of That Can Be Used For Food or Cooking by illicit(m): 5:09pm On May 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Food is generally that which is safe to eat for people of all ages. undecided

You are wrong.

There's no food that's good enough for everyone

There are allergies and allergies.

Some kids and adults don't even eat pepper

Some don't eat spices

Some don't take sugar

Edible means can be eaten.

2 Likes

Re: Name any Weed You Know of That Can Be Used For Food or Cooking by Kobojunkie: 5:13pm On May 03, 2022
illicit:
You are wrong.
There's no food that's good enough for everyone
There are allergies and allergies.
Some kids and adults don't even eat pepper
Some don't eat spices
Some don't take sugar
Edible means can be eaten.
Allergies are personal problems individuals may have. That child A is allergic to Peanuts for instance, does not mean peanuts are not safe for children in general. undecided
Re: Name any Weed You Know of That Can Be Used For Food or Cooking by illicit(m): 5:16pm On May 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Allergies are personal problems individuals may have. That child A is allergic to Peanuts for instance, does not mean peanuts are not safe for children in general. undecided

Weed is edible

That a child may not eat weed don't mean elders can't eat it

A kid may not take coffee but adult will

Almost anyone who won't eat pepper do that for the same reason, it's hot.

1 Like

Re: Name any Weed You Know of That Can Be Used For Food or Cooking by Kobojunkie: 5:18pm On May 03, 2022
illicit:
Weed is edible
That a child may not eat weed don't mean elders can't eat it
A kid may not take coffee but adult will
Almost anyone who won't eat pepper do that for the same reason, it's hot.
Coffee is a drink, not food. Same as Alcohol. undecided

There are many different peppers out there to eat so it is not entirely true that some won't eat peppers at all. Even Tatashe is a pepper. undecided
Re: Name any Weed You Know of That Can Be Used For Food or Cooking by illicit(m): 5:24pm On May 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Coffee is a drink, not food. Same as Alcohol. undecided

There are many different peppers out there to eat so it is not entirely true that some won't eat peppers at all. Even Tatashe is a pepper. undecided

Weed is edible

Will a kid eat Kolanut, Raw walnut or Orogbo?

1 Like

Re: Name any Weed You Know of That Can Be Used For Food or Cooking by Kobojunkie: 7:33pm On May 03, 2022
illicit:

Weed is edible
Will a kid eat Kolanut, Raw walnut or Orogbo?
I am not aware of these being chemically unsafe for children though. Kids may not like them but they are not unsafe. undecided
Re: Name any Weed You Know of That Can Be Used For Food or Cooking by illicit(m): 7:35pm On May 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I am not aware of these being chemically unsafe for children though. Kids may not like them but they are not unsafe. undecided

Hahahaha I laugh u gan ni

Kolanut is nicotine

1 Like

Re: Name any Weed You Know of That Can Be Used For Food or Cooking by Kobojunkie: 7:37pm On May 03, 2022
illicit:
Hahahaha I laugh u gan ni
Kolanut is nicotine
I never knew that and no one stopped us from eating it as kids. lipsrsealed
Re: Name any Weed You Know of That Can Be Used For Food or Cooking by illicit(m): 7:38pm On May 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I never knew that and no one stopped us from eating it as kids. lipsrsealed

Yeah right I have seen one or two kids eat marijuana too
Re: Name any Weed You Know of That Can Be Used For Food or Cooking by Kobojunkie: 7:40pm On May 03, 2022
illicit:
Yeah right I have seen one or two kids eat marijuana too
Like I said.... food is that which is safe for consumption by people of all ages. If Kolanut is not safe, then it is not food. undecided
Re: Name any Weed You Know of That Can Be Used For Food or Cooking by illicit(m): 7:42pm On May 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Like I said.... food is that which is safe for consumption by people of all ages. If Kolanut is not safe, then it is not food. undecided

Food and edible don't mean the same thing

Are u saying Kolanut is not edible

Edible means suitable to be eaten, pepper is edible, is it food?

Some barks of wood are edible as medicine not necessarily food

2 Likes

Re: Name any Weed You Know of That Can Be Used For Food or Cooking by Kobojunkie: 2:42am On May 04, 2022
illicit:

Food and edible don't mean the same thing
Are u saying Kolanut is not edible
Edible means suitable to be eaten, pepper is edible, is it food?
Some barks of wood are edible as medicine not necessarily food
You are technically right so yes maybe I should switch it to say food instead. undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's Your Favourite Nigerian Street Bite? / How To Prepare Anti Covid-19 Efo Riro / Which Of These Moi Moi Do You Prefer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.