Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

Dowen College: 2 More Students, 3 House Masters Arrested & Detained - CP - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dowen College: 2 More Students, 3 House Masters Arrested & Detained - CP (35853 Views)

#JusticeForSylvester: 5 Children, 3 House Parents In Custody - School Says / FUOYE Offers Indigent Students ₦3.1 Million Insurance Scheme / More Students Of OOU Fainted During GNS Exam Today At The ICT Center (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dowen College: 2 More Students, 3 House Masters Arrested & Detained - CP by Nemere2020: 7:00pm On Dec 07, 2021
Two additional students have arrested and detained by the Lagos State Police Command for allegedly involved in the torture of a 12-year-old Sylvester Oromoni, a student of Dowen College, Lekki in Lagos State.

This brings the total number of students in Police custody to five.

Meanwhile, three house masters who were on duty on the day the incident happened are also in the Police custody.

Police say they have obtained a court order to detain the students for 21 days at the Juvenile centre

Earlier, three who visited the State Criminal Investigative Department (SCID), Panti, Yaba in company of their parents were detained after.

Two of the parents of the accused students had come out to say their children were not responsible for the death of Sylvester Oromoni.

https://www.tvcnews.tv/dowen-college-five-students-three-house-masters-in-police-custody-cp/

18 Likes

Re: Dowen College: 2 More Students, 3 House Masters Arrested & Detained - CP by Ifesinachi22(m): 7:07pm On Dec 07, 2021
The owner of Dowen College is Dr Olumide Phillips, his daughter is a singer, Lami Philips.

According to livetimesng, Olumide Philips is a former employee of Dunlop Nigeria and Gulf Oil Nigeria

According to reports in the media, Lami is one of the board members of Dowen College, the Director of Students and External Affairs.

On Twitter, @obaoriade said: “Wait! Lami Philips is the owner of the Dowen school? No wonder all these celebrities are keeping quiet. Sad!!”

@oku_youngyx said: “So Lami Philips deactivated her account and a lot of Nollywood celebrities have been silent with regards #Justiceforsylvester. Bravo!”

@BelemaNgeri said: “This Lami Philips for Dowen college, is she not the musician? She has locked her Twitter and deleted her Instagram.”

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dowen College: 2 More Students, 3 House Masters Arrested & Detained - CP by OssyMalik: 7:12pm On Dec 07, 2021
Very good!!

I am happy Femi Falana will be handling the case.

Justice must be served

173 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dowen College: 2 More Students, 3 House Masters Arrested & Detained - CP by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 07, 2021
I have been so disturbed shaken deflated and mentally drained since I saw just 10 seconds of that boy painful death.

Hopefully this time justice prevails

Ooh poor sweet baby cry may your soul rest in eternal peace.

146 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Dowen College: 2 More Students, 3 House Masters Arrested & Detained - CP by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 07, 2021
Rokiatu45:
I have been so disturbed shaken deflected and mentally drained since I saw just 10 seconds of that boy painful death.

There are report that states that the school have knowledge of this.

They even tried to cover up by saying it was during a football match he got the injury.

The school management must also be held responsible for the boy death

187 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Dowen College: 2 More Students, 3 House Masters Arrested & Detained - CP by Shetemi12(m): 7:23pm On Dec 07, 2021
They should not only arrest them... They should make sure we confirm their presence please. I want to see their faces

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dowen College: 2 More Students, 3 House Masters Arrested & Detained - CP by culf: 7:26pm On Dec 07, 2021
May God help us, imagine what the parents will be going through now.

5 Likes

Re: Dowen College: 2 More Students, 3 House Masters Arrested & Detained - CP by fourboys: 7:36pm On Dec 07, 2021
embarassed embarassed
Re: Dowen College: 2 More Students, 3 House Masters Arrested & Detained - CP by Is04970: 7:39pm On Dec 07, 2021
This is so sad
Re: Dowen College: 2 More Students, 3 House Masters Arrested & Detained - CP by bcomputer101: 7:52pm On Dec 07, 2021
Until police arrest the school owner, make una stop catching cruise on us.

Abi can someone tell us why the school owner is yet to be arrested?

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dowen College: 2 More Students, 3 House Masters Arrested & Detained - CP by Tinubuadvocate: 7:53pm On Dec 07, 2021
embarassed
Re: Dowen College: 2 More Students, 3 House Masters Arrested & Detained - CP by richiemcgold: 7:54pm On Dec 07, 2021
in this Dowen's raging saga, if you ask me who are the most irresponsible of all the suspected culprits, I'll say the house/hostel masters.

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dowen College: 2 More Students, 3 House Masters Arrested & Detained - CP by KingOdart(m): 8:57pm On Dec 07, 2021
OssyMalik:
Very good!!

Justice must be served

They started arresting the culprits after he got on the case, all the recent arrests could have something to do with him working on the case.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dowen College: 2 More Students, 3 House Masters Arrested & Detained - CP by Bvlgari: 9:35pm On Dec 07, 2021
Good...i hate bullying...many people even shouting on top of their voices on this issue were once big time bullies in their secondary schools

Below is one of them...thats the face of a bully

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dowen College: 2 More Students, 3 House Masters Arrested & Detained - CP by bigdammyj: 9:36pm On Dec 07, 2021
Okay
Re: Dowen College: 2 More Students, 3 House Masters Arrested & Detained - CP by Omniman(m): 9:37pm On Dec 07, 2021
cool
Re: Dowen College: 2 More Students, 3 House Masters Arrested & Detained - CP by highyo: 9:37pm On Dec 07, 2021
I just pray this matter will not be swept under the carpet after a while, because with the little findings I made about the school, it seems many politicians and powerful men in Lagos sent and sending their children to this school including the present governor of Lagos state.
Why I said this is, because of the 2012 documentary of Dowen school I watched, shows Joke Sanwolu been one of the parent interviewed in the school. and also, Fomer president Ebele Jonathan once invited some of the student of Dowen with some other school to the Aso Rock. I believe this school will have a back-up of some strong politicians in the country and might make then escape this mess, just as the case of Premiere Academy, Lugbe, Abuja.

I felt for the poor boy

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dowen College: 2 More Students, 3 House Masters Arrested & Detained - CP by sojayy(m): 9:37pm On Dec 07, 2021
Nigerian police are so terrible, they can't do anything right without the masses telling them what to do. Smh...thank God for social media

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dowen College: 2 More Students, 3 House Masters Arrested & Detained - CP by oluseyiforjesus(m): 9:38pm On Dec 07, 2021
Good let all of dem face judgement
But ds issue shouldn't cover lekkigate saga oooo

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dowen College: 2 More Students, 3 House Masters Arrested & Detained - CP by verybadmouth(m): 9:38pm On Dec 07, 2021
These student's parents are capable of bribing the CP and even the governor to drop the case and clear their names

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dowen College: 2 More Students, 3 House Masters Arrested & Detained - CP by kinibigdeal(m): 9:38pm On Dec 07, 2021
Rokiatu45:
I have been so disturbed shaken deflected and mentally drained since I saw just 10 seconds of that boy painful death.

Long time my old friend
Re: Dowen College: 2 More Students, 3 House Masters Arrested & Detained - CP by floss(m): 9:38pm On Dec 07, 2021
Okay... But we're yet to hear the arrest of the original culprits, hope it won't be like how our Nigerian police do wrong arrest of innocent citizens after a robbery incidence....
Go for the culprits and stop going about in circles, if you guys are scared of arresting the culprits, say it so that we can all giv up on the case because I don dey see K- Leg for this case before we know it, it will be swept under the carpet and sealed for ever...

Seeking justice in Nigeria is just like asking Buhari to release Nnamdi Kanu....all you will get is "we will see what we can do, time go dey go be that....

3 Likes

Re: Dowen College: 2 More Students, 3 House Masters Arrested & Detained - CP by westfield: 9:39pm On Dec 07, 2021
Juvenile what....has a court order be given that you are sentencing them to 21 days.....this one na rich people fight
Re: Dowen College: 2 More Students, 3 House Masters Arrested & Detained - CP by saphiere(f): 9:39pm On Dec 07, 2021
Evil men

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dowen College: 2 More Students, 3 House Masters Arrested & Detained - CP by abbey621(m): 9:39pm On Dec 07, 2021
bcomputer101:
Until police arrest the school owner, make una stop cashing cruise on us.

Abi can someone tell us why the school owner is yet to be arrested?

Arrested for what exactly?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dowen College: 2 More Students, 3 House Masters Arrested & Detained - CP by ccollins(m): 9:40pm On Dec 07, 2021
OssyMalik:
Very good!!

Justice must be served
you look gorgeous on your dp
Re: Dowen College: 2 More Students, 3 House Masters Arrested & Detained - CP by karzyharsky(m): 9:40pm On Dec 07, 2021
Good

1 Like

Re: Dowen College: 2 More Students, 3 House Masters Arrested & Detained - CP by MsFaith: 9:40pm On Dec 07, 2021
Too many evil things happening in the world.

Sly, may you find justice, may your killers be brought to book and may your soul find eternal rest. Amen

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet Dr Halima Muhammad Best Graduating Student Of Medicine In GSU / How A Student Went To School Today With A Bus (photo) / Oluwaseyi Ajibade: Third Class LASU Graduate, UNILAG Best Graduating PhD Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.