Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,820 members, 7,817,394 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Nigerians Who Applied For Canadian Fsw Immigration 2011 Please Network Here - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Who Applied For Canadian Fsw Immigration 2011 Please Network Here (12143 Views)

Photos Of Nigerians Who Were Deported From The UK Today / All Usa Lottery Dv 2014(year 2012)applicants Should Network Here / How Much To Hold In Bank Account For Canadian Student Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Who Applied For Canadian Fsw Immigration 2011 Please Network Here by gel03: 12:45am On Jun 12, 2011
@

Please i like anyone who applied for canadian federal skilled immigration program this year (2011) to share their experience so far here.

Thanks.
Re: Nigerians Who Applied For Canadian Fsw Immigration 2011 Please Network Here by gel03: 11:43am On Jun 13, 2011
Everyone is just viewing without leaving any response. Or is there no one who has applied or canadian PR under FSW category? we would be submitting our application this week. so just wanna share experience with those in this category.

Thanks.
Re: Nigerians Who Applied For Canadian Fsw Immigration 2011 Please Network Here by enfield: 12:52pm On Jun 13, 2011
Hi,
I am actively considering applying too but I want another window to open by month's end.Is Human resource management on the NOC list?Are you using an agent?
Re: Nigerians Who Applied For Canadian Fsw Immigration 2011 Please Network Here by gel03: 1:44pm On Jun 13, 2011
enfield:

Hi,
I am actively considering applying too but I want another window to open by month's end.Is Human resource management on the NOC list?Are you using an agent?

Human Resources Management is not on the present list of eligible occupations but by the end of this month a new list will be out. My hubby is actually the principal applicant But i am the one doing all the arrangements especially internet information. No agents at all. The cic website is self explanatory.
Re: Nigerians Who Applied For Canadian Fsw Immigration 2011 Please Network Here by mikkyangel(m): 4:10pm On Jun 30, 2011
gle03,
am in,i applied 2months ago, no news frm them yet, I applied under restaurant and accommodations manager, how far abt urs?
Re: Nigerians Who Applied For Canadian Fsw Immigration 2011 Please Network Here by gel03: 4:50pm On Jun 30, 2011
mikkyangel:

gle03,
am in,i applied 2months ago, no news frm them yet, I applied under restaurant and accommodations manager, how far abt urs?

we just submitted ours and it was delivered on tuesday 28th june. so d countdown starts. how did u pay d processing fee? BD or credit card? have they cashed or debited either of them? God will see us through it.
Re: Nigerians Who Applied For Canadian Fsw Immigration 2011 Please Network Here by mikkyangel(m): 12:15pm On Jul 02, 2011
I ra
Re: Nigerians Who Applied For Canadian Fsw Immigration 2011 Please Network Here by osram(m): 12:19pm On Jul 06, 2011
Plz how much is d processing fee
Re: Nigerians Who Applied For Canadian Fsw Immigration 2011 Please Network Here by gel03: 12:28pm On Jul 06, 2011
osram:

Plz how much is d processing fee

The processing fee depends on the size of ur family. for example, the principal applicant - $550, spouse - $550, dependant under 22 and not married - $150, dependant above 22yrs - $550.

so u will check ur family size and calculate the processing fee.

i am married with an 11months old son so ours is $1250.

finally, make sure u read and digest www.cic.gc.ca
Re: Nigerians Who Applied For Canadian Fsw Immigration 2011 Please Network Here by gabrieli(m): 11:38am On Jul 07, 2011
Hi guys,

I am an intending applicant for this programme. My IELTS exam certificate will be expiring in Jan 2012. But, i am rounding off my master program in a Naija uni by oct.,this year. i want to boast my points by applying as a master degree holder.
My worry is the validity of the IELTS certificate. Does anyone in the house know how this works. what is the latest time to apply based on ones IELTS CERTIFICATE VALIDITY. Genuine contribution will be highly apprecaited
Re: Nigerians Who Applied For Canadian Fsw Immigration 2011 Please Network Here by gel03: 11:54am On Jul 07, 2011
gabrieli:

Hi guys,

I am an intending applicant for this programme. My IELTS exam certificate will be expiring in Jan 2012. But, i am rounding off my master program in a Naija uni by oct.,this year. i want to boast my points by applying as a master degree holder.
My worry is the validity of the IELTS certificate. Does anyone in the house know how this works. what is the latest time to apply based on ones IELTS CERTIFICATE VALIDITY. Genuine contribution will be highly apprecaited

When exactly did u take the ielts test? because presently its validity is 2yrs.

secondly, what occupation are u applying under? because this year's maximum application is 10,000 while 500 cap for each occupation.

thirdly are u single, married or in a common law relationship? a spouse's education gives u additional mark.

lastly, your first degree is enough to give u the minimum score cos there is no time to waste as the number of application to be processed this year is limited. and if for any reason ur ielts expires, u will have to write again.
Re: Nigerians Who Applied For Canadian Fsw Immigration 2011 Please Network Here by gel03: 6:41pm On Jul 09, 2011
@ abusaibu

please do not come to this thread to advertise rubbish ok? u, how much did u pay to get the forms u filled? criminal,

please let me warn that this thread is not for scam or traveling agents. it is meant to assist all those involved in the subject. all forms to be filled are free and can be downloaded from www.cic.gc.ca.
Re: Nigerians Who Applied For Canadian Fsw Immigration 2011 Please Network Here by gel03: 11:27am On Jul 15, 2011
@ mikkyangel

cic has debited our account for the processing fee $1250. i am so happy cos this is a step forward. whatz up with urs?
Re: Nigerians Who Applied For Canadian Fsw Immigration 2011 Please Network Here by mikkyangel(m): 3:29pm On Jul 15, 2011
gel03,
      G
Re: Nigerians Who Applied For Canadian Fsw Immigration 2011 Please Network Here by bohler(f): 8:54pm On Sep 11, 2011
@ Mikkyangel,
dat's really sad o. Pele. I am surprised they said the slot has been filled o,
Why don't you try again early next year? At least the cap they gave is for just this year, right?

@ gel03
Congrats o! Really happy for you. Can you please tell me under which profession you filed for your hubby?

I intend to try to get an arranged job in canada to facilitate mine but really don't know how easy it will be but will try sha. Can anyone please share anything on the possibility of getting a job in Canada and the way to go about it.
A friend (she is a nurse) said she's got a job and will be leaving within this month but I don't know if she was telling the truth or not cos I haven't been able to get thru to her, anyway, I am waiting your opinions
Re: Nigerians Who Applied For Canadian Fsw Immigration 2011 Please Network Here by chioma134: 12:03pm On Sep 12, 2011
@op,thanks for starting this thread. I'm trying to apply for FSW. I initially wanted to apply next year but the agent I contacted says there's still space for my profession but may be filled by the end of this year. I'm yet to register for IELTS and d next available date is in Nov. I've gone thru the website and the whole process seems tedious,that's why I want to use an agent. Also,the issue of evidence of liquid cash needed in our account(abt 17000 canadian dollars) before visa issuance is giving me food for thought.
@gel03,what do you think and how can one work around this issue?
Re: Nigerians Who Applied For Canadian Fsw Immigration 2011 Please Network Here by NaturalG1: 10:40pm On Oct 09, 2011
plsn can someone in the house tell me the total points to score in the IELTS EXAMS,the certificate expires after one yr. i am an intending applicant for the canadian skilled immigration programme,the processing of my documents will be 4yrs by jan 2012,i want to know when to take the exams and the minimum point to score.
Re: Nigerians Who Applied For Canadian Fsw Immigration 2011 Please Network Here by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 10, 2011
If you live outside North america then forget about the FSW Canada program. It will take you donkey years to be eligible to fill the MAIN form. What you all are filing is the preliminary form. The main one is so many pages long, contains a ton of information required such as police report, passport pages for your family including parents, transcripts e.t.c.
Re: Nigerians Who Applied For Canadian Fsw Immigration 2011 Please Network Here by gel03: 4:27am On Oct 11, 2011
mikkyangel:

gel03,
      Good for u,list u will wait approx 3 months or more to know if u hv made it.But i feel since dey debited your account,den your application will be accepted by God's grace, (i sent my application mid april 2011 and got a feed back mid July 2011)I got a reply from them 2days back.my application was not accepted based on the grounds dt the field i chose had alrdy reached a maximum on 1000 applicants as at April 2011(though wen i checked b4 sending my aplication,my field was still open). They also sent my draft(cad$ 550) back to me.
      So as it stands now,i will have to wait for plan B( usa lottry which comes out by 6pm today.I dont intnd to reapply for FSW, and Plan C (Canada arranged employment thru an agent who claimed dt my work permit is alrdy out last may),

so sorry for the return of your application package. my application was accepted by CIO canada and presently received by our visa office which is accra. i will encourage u to send your application back as your occupation is still open for the 2011 application which started on July1, 2011. see, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp . how far with the visa lottery? did u win? please leave agents alone. most of them are scams.

bohler:

@ Mikkyangel,
dat's really sad o. Pele. I am surprised they said the slot has been filled o,
Why don't you try again early next year? At least the cap they gave is for just this year, right?

@ gel03
Congrats o! Really happy for you. Can you please tell me under which profession you filed for your hubby?

I intend to try to get an arranged job in canada to facilitate mine but really don't know how easy it will be but will try sha. Can anyone please share anything on the possibility of getting a job in Canada and the way to go about it.
A friend (she is a nurse) said she's got a job and will be leaving within this month but I don't know if she was telling the truth or not cos I haven't been able to get thru to her, anyway, I am waiting your opinions

i filed for my hubby under Noc 7312. he is a mechanical engr.

chioma134:

@op,thanks for starting this thread. I'm trying to apply for FSW. I initially wanted to apply next year but the agent I contacted says there's still space for my profession but may be filled by the end of this year. I'm yet to register for IELTS and d next available date is in Nov. I've gone thru the website and the whole process seems tedious,that's why I want to use an agent. Also,the issue of evidence of liquid cash needed in our account(abt 17000 canadian dollars) before visa issuance is giving me food for thought.
@gel03,what do you think and how can one work around this issue?

whatz ur occupation? have u registered for ielts yet? u dont need an agent at all. i can guide u with filling the forms. i packaged my hubby"s application myself with the help of the FSW instruction guide which can be downloaded from cic website and from various forums where people have shared their experience. as i write this message, my hubby's application has been sent from canada to accra for further processing. that is why i started this thread to help those in this category that visit nairaland. as for the liquid cash, u can get from friends to put in ur account first then after printing the statement, u return their monies back to them. so that while ur application will be under processing u can be putting the monies u will require for ur journey to canada together.

Natural G link=topic=688532.msg9306678#msg9306678 date=1318196436:

plsn can someone in the house tell me the total points to score in the IELTS EXAMS,the certificate expires after one yr. i am an intending applicant for the canadian skilled immigration programme,the processing of my documents will be 4yrs by jan 2012,i want to know when to take the exams and the minimum point to score.

ielts has a total band score of 9 so i will encourage u to score upto 7 atleast to increase your points for the skillked immigraation programme. how do u mean the processing of your documents will be 4yrs by jan2012? the result is now valid for two years. take the exam as soon as possible. just visit ielts website to see the next available date.
davidylan:

If you live outside North america then forget about the FSW Canada program. It will take you donkey years to be eligible to fill the MAIN form. What you all are filing is the preliminary form. The main one is so many pages long, contains a ton of information required such as police report, passport pages for your family including parents, transcripts e.t.c.

you dont even know what you are saying, have u visited cic website in recent times to see the latest processing time? for your information, my hubby"s application was received in canada on 28th june 2011. credit card debited on 15th july, got a positive eligibility review on 31st august and was received by our visa office which is accra few days ago for further processing. so what are u talking about?
Re: Nigerians Who Applied For Canadian Fsw Immigration 2011 Please Network Here by enfield: 10:35am On Oct 27, 2011
Gel03 and Ors,
Have you received AOR from CIO Sydney?I received a PER a week ago.I give God all the Glory.
Best of luck to all of us in this venture
Re: Nigerians Who Applied For Canadian Fsw Immigration 2011 Please Network Here by gel03: 1:02pm On Oct 27, 2011
@ enfield

I got Per in august. My present status is received by visa office. I am happy for u. We all shall make it in Jesus Name, Amen,
Re: Nigerians Who Applied For Canadian Fsw Immigration 2011 Please Network Here by dejiword: 6:31am On Oct 28, 2011
i intending submitting my fsw application, can somebody tell me whether bank draft issue by gtb is accepted by cic, pls reply soon, email dejilord@yahoo.com
Re: Nigerians Who Applied For Canadian Fsw Immigration 2011 Please Network Here by enfield: 9:10am On Oct 28, 2011
Any draft issued by a credible bank is ok provided it is in canadian dollars.Before applying also check the cic web page to be sure that the cap for your occupation has not been reached.

Gel03
I am happy for u too.It means that you posted your application quite early.God who has begun this good work will perfect it.
Re: Nigerians Who Applied For Canadian Fsw Immigration 2011 Please Network Here by gel03: 12:43pm On Oct 28, 2011
@ enfield

Amen. I submitted on june 28th 2011. Got PER on 31st august. Received by visa office on 10th october. That's my story so far.
Re: Nigerians Who Applied For Canadian Fsw Immigration 2011 Please Network Here by gel03: 12:44pm On Oct 28, 2011
@ enfield

Amen. I submitted on june 28th 2011. Got PER on 31st august. Received by visa office on 10th october. That's my story so far.
Re: Nigerians Who Applied For Canadian Fsw Immigration 2011 Please Network Here by leonaidas(m): 10:41am On Oct 29, 2011
I'm happy i found this thread, i have a whole lot of questions, i intend to apply for the fsw next year february as a medical laboratory technician, i have exactly one year experience. But the problem is that my profession is not listed among the 29 eligible ones but it is listed as 3212 on the Noc website, and secondly when i took the test to see if i qualify, i had 63points and i learnt i need 67 points. Please i need your input on this. Thanks.
Re: Nigerians Who Applied For Canadian Fsw Immigration 2011 Please Network Here by gel03: 12:23pm On Oct 29, 2011
@ leonaidas

U are welcome to this wonderful thread. For u to be eligible for the FSW immigration, ur occupation must be on the 29 eligible occupations listed on cic website. U can explore other means of getting to Canada if u love the country so much like me. Just browse through their website to see other options like schooling in canada etc. www.cic.gc.ca

Thanks.
Re: Nigerians Who Applied For Canadian Fsw Immigration 2011 Please Network Here by gel03: 12:53pm On Nov 03, 2011
@ all

Got a second AOR from accra with request for additional documents. I give God all the Glory cos we are some steps further.
Re: Nigerians Who Applied For Canadian Fsw Immigration 2011 Please Network Here by enfield: 2:33pm On Nov 03, 2011
Hurray,I rejoice with you.I believe God that ours will come through shortly.Congrats
Re: Nigerians Who Applied For Canadian Fsw Immigration 2011 Please Network Here by gel03: 4:49pm On Nov 03, 2011
@ enfield
Thanks a bunch. Urs is on its way.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help!! Travel To Estonia Or Lithuania For Masters. / COVID-19: Many Nigerian Students Are Stranded Abroad - ISF / Lagos State Govt And Netherlands To Collaborate On Water Transportation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.