Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,243 members, 7,811,682 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

Meet Amar Bharati Who Has Raised His Hand For 45 Years (Pictures) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet Amar Bharati Who Has Raised His Hand For 45 Years (Pictures) (69117 Views)

Charly Boy: I Am Tired Of My 45 Years Of Marriage / Amazing Transformation Of A Nigerian Lady In Just 4 Years (pictures) / Charly Boy Proposes To His Wife, Lady D, Again After 45 Years Of Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Amar Bharati Who Has Raised His Hand For 45 Years (Pictures) by ogbiwa: 7:23am On Dec 08, 2021
A man has been raising his arm for more than 45 years, and he doesn't plan to stop because of his dedication to his faith.

Amar Bharati left the world stunned after he was pictured with his arm raised strongly holding a stance with his fist in the 1970s.

He was a married man with three children, who worked in a bank, but in 1973 he decided to ditch his modest life in the name of world peace.

He decided to dedicate himself to a Hindu deity called Shiva, and in a bid to show his devotion he came up with the idea to lift his arm and to keep it positioned that way.

"I don’t ask for much. Why do we fight between us, why is there so much hate and enmity between us? I want all Indians to live in peace," he previously told History of Yesterday.

"I want the whole world to live in peace."

Bharati spent the first two years of his quest in pain but after that, it slowly started to ease as he eventually lost all sense of feeling in his arm, reports Lad Bible.

But due to several decades of holding the same position, it would take him a lot of time to bring his arm back down next to his waist because of the loss of circulation.

Some users on Quora believed that it wouldn't be possible, while others said even if he could it would cause him discomfort spiritually.

One person said: "You would likely cause Mr. Bharati a great deal of pain, not only physically but spiritually as well, as he believes that his eternal salute promotes world peace.

"As the bone structure is still intact, the arm would likely not snap like a twig but rather sunder at a joint, where cartilage has dried and receded.

"Basically, you would break his arm, but maybe not in half."

Another user commented: "I don't think that he would be able to use his arm again due to the fact that the blood circulation in his hand would have become very less if not completely stopped and thus all the vital tissues would die."

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/man-kept-hand-raised-45-25624279

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMBo7lhdLbo

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Amar Bharati Who Has Raised His Hand For 45 Years (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:23am On Dec 08, 2021
What weed cannot do ...

See my signature below for excellent building designs and construction

191 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Amar Bharati Who Has Raised His Hand For 45 Years (Pictures) by Curious345: 7:25am On Dec 08, 2021
This is bombastic

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Amar Bharati Who Has Raised His Hand For 45 Years (Pictures) by Leebellow96(m): 7:26am On Dec 08, 2021

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Amar Bharati Who Has Raised His Hand For 45 Years (Pictures) by Ryda(m): 7:32am On Dec 08, 2021
Yes he smokes but his reasoning is way more better than them e tribal bigots on NL angry

He didn't ask for too much
But his question remain unanswered
Why do we fight between us, why is there so much hate and enmity between us?

Now my question also goes to Nairaland E ethnic warriors
Why do we always attack each other on this platform, especially when a crime is being committed by a particular tribe

257 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Meet Amar Bharati Who Has Raised His Hand For 45 Years (Pictures) by tyson98: 7:34am On Dec 08, 2021
Very funny

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Amar Bharati Who Has Raised His Hand For 45 Years (Pictures) by Bestie01(f): 7:36am On Dec 08, 2021
If u believe this nonsense,then u are a kid.u shud be in creche.

74 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Meet Amar Bharati Who Has Raised His Hand For 45 Years (Pictures) by Ryda(m): 7:44am On Dec 08, 2021
angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Amar Bharati Who Has Raised His Hand For 45 Years (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 08, 2021
Mkpurumiri in action grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Amar Bharati Who Has Raised His Hand For 45 Years (Pictures) by Kriss216: 7:48am On Dec 08, 2021
A friend here is wondering if the hand is still raised when diccking his wife.

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Amar Bharati Who Has Raised His Hand For 45 Years (Pictures) by WibusJaga: 8:12am On Dec 08, 2021

Na waooh! He must have supported the hand in that position initially until loss of blood circulation numbed the hand. Now the hand is paralysed in that position.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Amar Bharati Who Has Raised His Hand For 45 Years (Pictures) by Waakanda: 8:43am On Dec 08, 2021
Unnecessary punishment

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Amar Bharati Who Has Raised His Hand For 45 Years (Pictures) by Prime4life(m): 8:57am On Dec 08, 2021
If you believe this trend you are a mumu man. OP you think say you wise!!

8 Likes

Re: Meet Amar Bharati Who Has Raised His Hand For 45 Years (Pictures) by JavaScript90: 9:46am On Dec 08, 2021
Religion is the opium of the masses. People do stupid things because of what they 'believe'.
Hello, I am a fullstack web developer. I develop all types of website. I major in developing complex custom website and mobile apps for businesses and startups.
I have a nice real estate website for sale specially designed for the Nigerian market and startup agents. Check the link on my signature for details of the website.
Click my username to see my WhatsApp number on my profile

4 Likes

Re: Meet Amar Bharati Who Has Raised His Hand For 45 Years (Pictures) by paulolee(m): 1:31pm On Dec 08, 2021
read d story 5 times n e no still make any sense, I just cnt believe d whole fabrications jhare..
meaning he didn't eat, sleep, walk or do other daily activities for 45 years??
e no even possible to try such for one month....dm go jus de call years asif n days dm de mention

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Amar Bharati Who Has Raised His Hand For 45 Years (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 08, 2021
Nawao. Orisirisi
Re: Meet Amar Bharati Who Has Raised His Hand For 45 Years (Pictures) by slawormiir: 1:31pm On Dec 08, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Nonsense

Ain't gonna believe this shit

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Amar Bharati Who Has Raised His Hand For 45 Years (Pictures) by tutudesz: 1:31pm On Dec 08, 2021
undecided

1 Like

Re: Meet Amar Bharati Who Has Raised His Hand For 45 Years (Pictures) by BIGDADDY000(m): 1:32pm On Dec 08, 2021
This one strong o, ONLY WEEEDO and WEEDOWER can do that
Re: Meet Amar Bharati Who Has Raised His Hand For 45 Years (Pictures) by illicit(m): 1:32pm On Dec 08, 2021
Lazy man

E no get handwork ni

2 Likes

Re: Meet Amar Bharati Who Has Raised His Hand For 45 Years (Pictures) by cbrezy(m): 1:32pm On Dec 08, 2021
grin
Re: Meet Amar Bharati Who Has Raised His Hand For 45 Years (Pictures) by oluseyiforjesus(m): 1:32pm On Dec 08, 2021
Pix of him wen young or I don't believe

2 Likes

Re: Meet Amar Bharati Who Has Raised His Hand For 45 Years (Pictures) by Orined: 1:33pm On Dec 08, 2021
illicit:
Lazy man

E no get handwork ni
Very foolish indeed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Amar Bharati Who Has Raised His Hand For 45 Years (Pictures) by headSmasher: 1:33pm On Dec 08, 2021
The same time foolish baby factory criminals and drug traffickers are doing for Kanu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Amar Bharati Who Has Raised His Hand For 45 Years (Pictures) by natureblack(m): 1:33pm On Dec 08, 2021
Self-induced punishment.
Question is, to what extent? undecided I feel for him,though. embarassed
Re: Meet Amar Bharati Who Has Raised His Hand For 45 Years (Pictures) by Houseofglam7(f): 1:33pm On Dec 08, 2021
We finally met @Slawomir’s supplier!!!!!!!!

7 Likes

Re: Meet Amar Bharati Who Has Raised His Hand For 45 Years (Pictures) by Ademola47(m): 1:33pm On Dec 08, 2021
We need to draw the line between passionate religious practice and insanity.

6 Likes

Re: Meet Amar Bharati Who Has Raised His Hand For 45 Years (Pictures) by Latakia(f): 1:34pm On Dec 08, 2021
Is that not Biafra flag tie on his head?

2 Likes

Re: Meet Amar Bharati Who Has Raised His Hand For 45 Years (Pictures) by Johel(m): 1:34pm On Dec 08, 2021
ogbiwa:
A man has been raising his arm for more than 45 years, and he doesn't plan to stop because of his dedication to his faith.

Amar Bharati left the world stunned after he was pictured with his arm raised strongly holding a stance with his fist in the 1970s.

He was a married man with three children, who worked in a bank, but in 1973 he decided to ditch his modest life in the name of world peace.

He decided to dedicate himself to a Hindu deity called Shiva, and in a bid to show his devotion he came up with the idea to lift his arm and to keep it positioned that way.

"I don’t ask for much. Why do we fight between us, why is there so much hate and enmity between us? I want all Indians to live in peace," he previously told History of Yesterday.

"I want the whole world to live in peace."

Bharati spent the first two years of his quest in pain but after that, it slowly started to ease as he eventually lost all sense of feeling in his arm, reports Lad Bible.

But due to several decades of holding the same position, it would take him a lot of time to bring his arm back down next to his waist because of the loss of circulation.

Some users on Quora believed that it wouldn't be possible, while others said even if he could it would cause him discomfort spiritually.

One person said: "You would likely cause Mr. Bharati a great deal of pain, not only physically but spiritually as well, as he believes that his eternal salute promotes world peace.

"As the bone structure is still intact, the arm would likely not snap like a twig but rather sunder at a joint, where cartilage has dried and receded.

"Basically, you would break his arm, but maybe not in half."

Another user commented: "I don't think that he would be able to use his arm again due to the fact that the blood circulation in his hand would have become very less if not completely stopped and thus all the vital tissues would die."

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/man-kept-hand-raised-45-25624279

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMBo7lhdLbo

Too many fools on this good forum,just read the comments,so irritating,.....only peace and love can heal the world...Respect individual beliefs.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Local Champion?": Davido Reacts To Wizkid Calling Him Names / Don Jazzy Asks Linda Ikeji If She Can Act, After Banky W & Adesua's Engagement / MURIC To Falz: "Withdraw ‘This Is Nigeria’ Video Within 7 Days Or Else"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.