Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,387 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Nigerian Educational Curriculum: A Self-deceit Or White Man's Strategy - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Educational Curriculum: A Self-deceit Or White Man's Strategy (140 Views)

Nigerian Educational Curriculum: A Self-deceit Or White Man's Strategy / The Nigerian Educational Sector Is Finished, This Is An S.S.2 Student Sheet PICS / ASUU And Its Worrisome Contributions To The Collapse Of Nigerian Educational Sec (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Educational Curriculum: A Self-deceit Or White Man's Strategy by solidifi: 11:01am On Dec 08, 2021
Sometimes when I compare and contrast Nigeria in particular, the whole black race in general and the white man (Americas and Europeans). I come to wonder if Nigerians / black men have brains at all.

How can a man who calls himself a human being allows himself to be manipulated or deceived by his fellow man created by the same God over so many decades and centuries without him knowing. And even when he knows, cannot free himself.

The white man brought liberal arts education to us. And they were busy studying and understanding world economics, engineering and technology.

How can a country or race develop by studying and making some of the following courses compulsory in their educational institutions.

1. English language - Another man's language? We spend years and resources studying another man's language. The Chinese, Japanese, Russians, Germans etc., that produce sophisticated machines and equipment, did they use English language to produce them?

2. Zoology, Botany, Library science, Religious studies and others too numerous to mention. What is the importance of these subjects or courses to our economy and lives as a whole.

3.Political science - Why do we study political science when very many of our politicians either did not go to school or studied political science in school?

Nigeria should have a rethink. Study and make economics a compulsory course. When I hear people say, the Federal government or Central bank should do something about the naira exchange rate without say the dollar. I clearly know that they don't understand economics. Exchange rate is not a mechanical thing. We don't produce, we don't export. How would the naira appreciate? We only loot and use the money for frivolities. Buy expensive cars, line them up in the compound. Enrich small girls who have not reached the age of handling money. Sponsor cultists, touts and bandits for political gains that cannot move us forward.

We should study Engineering, Medical and Technological courses for a better tomorrow.

we should support and encourage the Igbos. They have something to offer economically and technologically. I know some people will not like to hear this. But they are good in development, not in politics.

(1) (Reply)

Abu Zaria PGD Accounting And Finance Past Questions And Answers / Ogun students hail Rep member, Isiaka, for qualitative representation / Multichoice Bursary Scheme For South African Students 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.