Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,817 members, 7,820,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Nagelsmann: We Will Play With The Best Team Possible Against Barcelona - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nagelsmann: We Will Play With The Best Team Possible Against Barcelona (462 Views)

Kylian Mbappe Wins Match Ball For Hat-trick Against Barcelona / Ronaldo Reacts To Juventus' 3-0 Victory Against Barcelona / Liverpool And Fans Celebrate (4 - 0) Win Against Barcelona (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nagelsmann: We Will Play With The Best Team Possible Against Barcelona by obembet(f): 11:37am On Dec 08, 2021
Julian Nagelsmann: "Manuel Neuer and Robert Lewandowski will start tomorrow against Barça, don't worry. We will play with the best team possible. My greetings to Benfica."

Julian Nagelsmann insists he will put out a full strength Bayern Munich side for their clash with Barcelona on Wednesday.

The Bavarians have already qualified for the last 16 of the Champions League, but their opponents however need to better Benfica's result to ensure they keep hold of second place and progress into the knockout stages.

Julian Nagelsmann's ruthless vow is bad news for Barcelona's Champions League hopes
Barcelona need a result against Bayern Munich at the Allianz Arena to ensure they qualify for the knockout stages of the Champions League but Julian Nagelsmann will not be making it easy

Julian Nagelsmann insists he will put out a full strength Bayern Munich side for their clash with Barcelona on Wednesday.

The Bavarians have already qualified for the last 16 of the Champions League, but their opponents however need to better Benfica's result to ensure they keep hold of second place and progress into the knockout stages.

Bayern's lead at the top of Group E means they could opt to rest their established stars at the Allianz Arena.

But Nagelsmann has no plans to do so, which will come as a boost to Benfica and their hopes of securing a place in the Last 16.

Asked about his lineup, the German coach said: "We will play with our best team available. Greetings to Lisbon (Benfica), don't worry."

However, Bayern are without a host of star names, including Leon Goretzka, Serge Gnabry and Marcel Sabitzer, all due to injury. Joshua Kimmich won't be risked after recently testing positive for Covid-19 either.

Benfica host Dynamo Kyiv, who have yet to win any of their five games in Europe thus far, in Lisbon.

Barcelona meanwhile face a tough task in seeing off the Bundesliga champions, who won 3-0 at the Nou Camp earlier this season, on their own patch.

The Catalans are in the midst of a transitional period under Xavi, who has only been at the helm for a matter of weeks.

Nevertheless Nagelsmann is adamant the Spanish side still pose a serious threat.

He added: "Barça still have world-class players. They are under pressure in the table and have to win, they will give everything for that.

"It's not about sending them out of the competition, but about three points for us. I still see them as a candidate for the title.

"We're happy that we're going into this game having already secured top spot. Nevertheless it's still an important game. The Champions League is always something special - and we want to be fair to the rest of the teams in the group""

Source: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/bayern-barcelona-nagelsmann-champions-league-25639261.amp

Lalasticlala
Seun
mynd44

Re: Nagelsmann: We Will Play With The Best Team Possible Against Barcelona by Stomoney(m): 11:41am On Dec 08, 2021
Barca go suffer today ehn grin. Lewa to score over 3 tonight grin
Re: Nagelsmann: We Will Play With The Best Team Possible Against Barcelona by WibusJaga: 12:01pm On Dec 08, 2021

Thursday Thursday Europa football sure for Barca.

1 Like

Re: Nagelsmann: We Will Play With The Best Team Possible Against Barcelona by Joebayo217: 12:06pm On Dec 08, 2021
Bacar must go to Europa league their day of enjoyment has ended since 2019 dey should just prepare for d worst make benfical do well today to qualify
Re: Nagelsmann: We Will Play With The Best Team Possible Against Barcelona by Chloraseptic: 12:20pm On Dec 08, 2021
Wicked Bayern..

Why waste a bullet on someone who's already bleeding out.

1 Like

Re: Nagelsmann: We Will Play With The Best Team Possible Against Barcelona by MangekyoAlt: 12:24pm On Dec 08, 2021
Destroy barca for me. Send them to Europa (where they obviously belong). Dynamo Kyiv we're counting on you to win oo
Re: Nagelsmann: We Will Play With The Best Team Possible Against Barcelona by obembet(f): 12:31pm On Dec 08, 2021
Chloraseptic:
Wicked Bayern..

I can't wait to see BVD to humiliate them. grin

Lalasticlala where are thou
Re: Nagelsmann: We Will Play With The Best Team Possible Against Barcelona by paulolee(m): 1:03pm On Dec 08, 2021
na this Bayern vs barca and benfica vs kiev go be today ticket spoilers n make punters dey careful bcoz of the much noise about dis fixture
for Bayern, barca may get a win or a draw, if Bayern wan win, e no go pass 2 goals bcox barca are good wen playing as underdogs
dt benfica self fit go lose or draw bcox its a must win for DM n barca go end up with UCL spot even after losing...
i just know dt no matter wat happens, barca cnt play Europa dis season...na me talk am
Re: Nagelsmann: We Will Play With The Best Team Possible Against Barcelona by paulolee(m): 1:10pm On Dec 08, 2021
Chloraseptic:
Wicked Bayern..
I dnt just understand.....dts very heartless of them..
Re: Nagelsmann: We Will Play With The Best Team Possible Against Barcelona by paulolee(m): 1:11pm On Dec 08, 2021
Stomoney:
Barca go suffer today ehn grin. Lewa to score over 3 tonight grin
this noise don too much....no goals for him tonight....na barca win or draw
Re: Nagelsmann: We Will Play With The Best Team Possible Against Barcelona by paulolee(m): 1:13pm On Dec 08, 2021
Joebayo217:
Bacar must go to Europa league their day of enjoyment has ended since 2019 dey should just prepare for d worst make benfical do well today to qualify
no matter wat happens.....barca go endup with a spot in knockout
benfica needs a win too n dm fit go lose or draw dt game
Re: Nagelsmann: We Will Play With The Best Team Possible Against Barcelona by Stomoney(m): 1:47pm On Dec 08, 2021
I give you 1goal handicap oya let's bet 50k on this game cool. Righteousness should be our board man grin
paulolee:

this noise don too much....no goals for him tonight....na barca win or draw
Re: Nagelsmann: We Will Play With The Best Team Possible Against Barcelona by obembet(f): 5:04pm On Dec 08, 2021
Lalasticlala
Re: Nagelsmann: We Will Play With The Best Team Possible Against Barcelona by Rhu4xce: 7:58am On Dec 09, 2021
paulolee:
na this Bayern vs barca and benfica vs kiev go be today ticket spoilers n make punters dey careful bcoz of the much noise about dis fixture
for Bayern, barca may get a win or a draw, if Bayern wan win, e no go pass 2 goals bcox barca are good wen playing as underdogs
dt benfica self fit go lose or draw bcox its a must win for DM n barca go end up with UCL spot even after losing...
i just know dt no matter wat happens, barca cnt play Europa dis season...na me talk am

How far oga?
Re: Nagelsmann: We Will Play With The Best Team Possible Against Barcelona by paulolee(m): 12:48pm On Dec 09, 2021
Rhu4xce:

How far oga?
omor e far o...na half time I leave my beer waka go ous after I see Benfica dey win 2-0
make barca play n win europa, e better pass trophyless
Re: Nagelsmann: We Will Play With The Best Team Possible Against Barcelona by Rhu4xce: 1:51pm On Dec 09, 2021
paulolee:

omor e far o...na half time I leave my beer waka go ous after I see Benfica dey win 2-0

Yes nah e better...na do or die now oh. Collect am and automatic qualification for next CL don sure.
Re: Nagelsmann: We Will Play With The Best Team Possible Against Barcelona by Joebayo217: 1:53pm On Dec 09, 2021
paulolee:

how sure are u dat bacar can win Europa league

(1) (Reply)

Bet9ja Scam Me / #MCILEE- Are They No Man City Fans In This Forum? / Bet9ja Virtual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.