Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,075 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Aregbesola: I Won’t Resign Over Frequent Jailbreaks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola: I Won’t Resign Over Frequent Jailbreaks (11119 Views)

Aregbesola: I Have No Knowledge Of My Ministry - Except for newspapers / Rauf Aregbesola: 'I Never Collected Salary, Never Built A House As A Governor' / Rauf Aregbesola: 'I Have Not Received Salary Since I Became Governor Of Osun' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aregbesola: I Won’t Resign Over Frequent Jailbreaks by Kwanza: 5:00pm On Dec 08, 2021
The Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola, has said that he has no reason to resign over the frequent jail breaks across the country in the past one year.

He said this Wednesday while responding to questions from State House reporters after the weekly Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

There have been calls in some quarters for his resignation.

But the minister, whose ministry oversees the Nigeria Correctional Service which runs the Correctional Centres across the country, said: “As to whether it calls for my resignation, I still don’t see any need for that because it’s not for lack of preparedness that the attacks were successful. No.”

Aregbesola, however, assured that government would step up security around the Correctional Centres in view of the jail breaks in Owerri, Oyo, Kabba and Jos in the last few months.

According to him: “What I can assure Nigerians is this. Yes, as contextual as these attacks and the successes such criminals are having, we are upping our game and we will not allow, we will prevent any such opportunistic attack and even make it impossible. And that is what the state must do.

“We are working with all arms of government particularly the security to make our custodial facilities impregnable. We will not rest until that is achieved. That’s the assurance I want to give Nigerians”.

https://dailytrust.com/just-in-i-wont-resign-over-frequent-jailbreaks-aregbesola

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola: I Won’t Resign Over Frequent Jailbreaks by NwaNimo1(m): 5:19pm On Dec 08, 2021
You should be jailed self.....

[img]https://c./YIj9TS56KmIAAAAC/muppets-lol.gif[/img]

Incompetent!

A.nother

P.olitical

C.lown

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aregbesola: I Won’t Resign Over Frequent Jailbreaks by Stomoney(m): 5:25pm On Dec 08, 2021
Very soon time will resign you cool. One of the most useless politician

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Aregbesola: I Won’t Resign Over Frequent Jailbreaks by Bobloco: 5:25pm On Dec 08, 2021
Nobody takes responsibility

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola: I Won’t Resign Over Frequent Jailbreaks by expertman(m): 5:31pm On Dec 08, 2021
Who is expecting a cocaine addict like you to resign before?

Your 8years as osun state governor was entire useless to osun and and Nigeria at large yet you were made a minister?

Well I have no problem with you but nah Ogun go kill those who made u a ministet

Toot ndi ara

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola: I Won’t Resign Over Frequent Jailbreaks by FarahAideed: 5:32pm On Dec 08, 2021
Typical African politician

12 Likes

Re: Aregbesola: I Won’t Resign Over Frequent Jailbreaks by JavaScript90: 6:06pm On Dec 08, 2021
Nigerian politicians don't resign no matter how bad they perform. If this man didn't resign when he wreaked and plunged osun state into debt with months of unpaid salaries, you don't expect him to resign now
Hello, I am a fullstack web developer. I develop all types of website. I major in developing complex custom website and mobile apps for businesses and startups.
I have a nice real estate website for sale specially designed for the Nigerian market and startup agents @50k. Check the link on my signature for details of the website.
Click my username to see my WhatsApp number on my profile

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola: I Won’t Resign Over Frequent Jailbreaks by Nahunger(m): 6:19pm On Dec 08, 2021
cheesy
Wow. cheesy
cheesy
Re: Aregbesola: I Won’t Resign Over Frequent Jailbreaks by younglleo: 7:40pm On Dec 08, 2021
O
Re: Aregbesola: I Won’t Resign Over Frequent Jailbreaks by BruncleZuma: 7:40pm On Dec 08, 2021
grin grin grin grin

You're a proper Nigerian politician; awon eja Teflon Don.
Re: Aregbesola: I Won’t Resign Over Frequent Jailbreaks by Optimistguy1969: 7:41pm On Dec 08, 2021
No resign na.
Keep disgracing yourself, your office and portfolio.

One day you go just vex RESIGN

Then, JAIL NEXT

4 Likes

Re: Aregbesola: I Won’t Resign Over Frequent Jailbreaks by Gloona: 7:41pm On Dec 08, 2021
JavaScript90:
Nigerian politicians don't resign no matter how bad they perform

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola: I Won’t Resign Over Frequent Jailbreaks by illicit(m): 7:41pm On Dec 08, 2021
undecided
Re: Aregbesola: I Won’t Resign Over Frequent Jailbreaks by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:41pm On Dec 08, 2021
Of course we don't expect you to resign. Are you not a Nigerian? An African?

I don't blame you. I blame who gave you the job.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola: I Won’t Resign Over Frequent Jailbreaks by Dreamhighnow(m): 7:42pm On Dec 08, 2021
Goat

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola: I Won’t Resign Over Frequent Jailbreaks by God1000(m): 7:42pm On Dec 08, 2021
Because you are a typical Nigerian politician

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola: I Won’t Resign Over Frequent Jailbreaks by Banmeallday: 7:42pm On Dec 08, 2021
This is Africa

“Leaders” dont resign...

You the people have to remove them or remove yourselves from their rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola: I Won’t Resign Over Frequent Jailbreaks by id911(m): 7:42pm On Dec 08, 2021
JavaScript90:
Nigerian politicians don't resign no matter how bad they perform

He doesn't need to resign but fired and arrested. Have you ever seen a country where there's a single jailbreak, let alone 2, 3... like ours and the Interior Minister and CG of Prison continue in office the following day? Buhari pretends as if nothing happens. Is Buhari really a human at all? Those still supporting that man needs to have their heads examine.

11 Likes

Re: Aregbesola: I Won’t Resign Over Frequent Jailbreaks by Mko123(m): 7:42pm On Dec 08, 2021
This man and lying Mohammed are not different.
He only manage to escape the inbred lying gene unlike the other

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola: I Won’t Resign Over Frequent Jailbreaks by SHOPPERS(m): 7:42pm On Dec 08, 2021
Who resigns in Nigeria in the first place sef. Make we stop dey clamour for that abeg.

I just dey look 2023 with hope. If signs don dey say we go mumu like 2015 laidis, www.nairaland.com/travel ya
Re: Aregbesola: I Won’t Resign Over Frequent Jailbreaks by 9jayes: 7:43pm On Dec 08, 2021
You and your oga Buhari are failures

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola: I Won’t Resign Over Frequent Jailbreaks by Komolafe89: 7:44pm On Dec 08, 2021
Ogbenutan
Re: Aregbesola: I Won’t Resign Over Frequent Jailbreaks by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 08, 2021
It's your choice..
Re: Aregbesola: I Won’t Resign Over Frequent Jailbreaks by Sheriman(m): 7:44pm On Dec 08, 2021
Have you ever seen a typical African leader who has resigned before?? You hardly see one.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola: I Won’t Resign Over Frequent Jailbreaks by athaboi(f): 7:44pm On Dec 08, 2021
All of you are shameless

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola: I Won’t Resign Over Frequent Jailbreaks by money121(m): 7:44pm On Dec 08, 2021
Ok
Re: Aregbesola: I Won’t Resign Over Frequent Jailbreaks by Phils: 7:45pm On Dec 08, 2021
You are irresponsible. We don't expect you to resign.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sagay: Obasanjo Violated Constitution, Executed Coup Against Fayose, Ladoja / Pictures As Enugu State Commences Eha-Ndiagu Road In Nsukka / Why Presidency Delays Board Appointments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.