Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

Whhich University Can I Run My Postgraduate Program? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Whhich University Can I Run My Postgraduate Program? (620 Views)

Which University Can I Use This JAMB Score To Study Nursing Science? / With 8m. Should I Run An Msc Prog., Go For A Pilot Course Or Do Business? / Which University Can I Study Medicine With Jamb Score Of 230? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whhich University Can I Run My Postgraduate Program? by Naijatask: 2:39am On Dec 09, 2021
Good day everyone, I hope you're all having a fantastic day.

So, I came from a not so computer science background and my question is, can I study computer science in my post graduate program? Reason why I'm asking was that I saw a thread here about a man who bagged 3 PhDs, 3 MSC's and some degrees.

What I noticed was that, he did not studied computer science in his undergraduate days but got admitted to postgraduate and even got an MSC in computer science.

Here's the statement from the man's son:

“This is just an addition to the existing PhD in International Law and Diplomacy, Masters in Law (LLM), M.Sc. Economics, M.Sc. Banking and Finance, M.Sc. Computer Science, L.L.B (Law), B.L (Law), B.Sc. Economics, B.Sc. Banking and Finance, PGD Computer Science.”

So, is it possible to study pgd computer science?

PS: I studied estate management and valuation in my undergraduate in a federal university.

@Mynd44
@ishilove
@pochontas
@tensazangetsu20
@karleb

Re: Whhich University Can I Run My Postgraduate Program? by Nobody: 2:45am On Dec 09, 2021
Naijatask:
Good day everyone, I hope you're all having a fantastic day.

So, I came from a not so computer science background and my question is, can I study computer science in my post graduate program? Reason why I'm asking was that I saw a thread here about a man who bagged 3 PhDs, 3 MSC's and some degrees.

What I noticed was that, he did not studied computer science in his undergraduate days but got admitted to postgraduate and even got an MSC in computer science.

Here's the statement from the man's son:

“This is just an addition to the existing PhD in International Law and Diplomacy, Masters in Law (LLM), M.Sc. Economics, M.Sc. Banking and Finance, M.Sc. Computer Science, L.L.B (Law), B.L (Law), B.Sc. Economics, B.Sc. Banking and Finance, PGD Computer Science.”

So, is it possible to study pgd computer science?

PS: I studied estate management and valuation in my undergraduate in a federal university.

@Mynd44
@ishilove
@pochontas
@tensazangetsu20
@karleb

You can go for professional masters in computing or IT. Unilag, UI and a few others do have such master's degree and you don't need an IT background to apply.

Unilag has MIT ( master of Information Technology) while UI has MBC (Master of Business Computing)...
Re: Whhich University Can I Run My Postgraduate Program? by Naijatask: 3:09am On Dec 09, 2021
Afriqan:

You can go for professional masters in computing or IT. Unilag, UI and a few others do have such master's degree and you don't need an IT background to apply.

Unilag has MIT ( master of Information Technology) while UI has MBC (Master of Business Computing)...

Thank you. I will make research on the above mentioned courses
Re: Whhich University Can I Run My Postgraduate Program? by Historicalee: 4:05am On Dec 09, 2021
Yes, you can obtain a PGD in Computer science from Unilag. A PGD is highly recommended if your end goal is to get a master's degree or even a PhD.

Note: You can't get a MSc with a professional masters degree.
Re: Whhich University Can I Run My Postgraduate Program? by Naijatask: 7:48am On Dec 09, 2021
Historicalee:
Yes, you can obtain a PGD in Computer science from Unilag. A PGD is highly recommended if your end goal is to get a master's degree or even a PhD.

Note: You can't get a MSc with a professional masters degree.

Thank you for mentioning this. I want to do my masters in computer science. I'll check out Unilag and it's requirements.

(1) (Reply)

Deleted / The Most Expensive Degrees In The World / Assu Effect: Oau Shut Down Totally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.