Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

America: Jobless Claims Hit Lowest Level In 52 Years - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / America: Jobless Claims Hit Lowest Level In 52 Years (212 Views)

Inside 'Area 52', A U.S Secret Base Where Bombs, Nukes & Poison Are Tested (Pix) / Russian Warplanes Intercept US B-52 Nuclear Bomber Over Pacific Ocean(Pix,video) / Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

America: Jobless Claims Hit Lowest Level In 52 Years by abc115: 4:18pm On Dec 09, 2021
New claims for unemployment insurance dropped to 184,000 last week, according to data released Thursday by the Labor Department, falling to the lowest level in more than 52 years.

Last week’s total was the lowest since September 1969 and breaks the previous record for the lowest number of weekly jobless claims since the emergence of the pandemic.

In the week ending Dec. 4, seasonally adjusted initial claims for jobless aid fell by 43,000 from the previous week’s revised level of 227,000

While the plunge in jobless claims appeared to show a strengthening labor market, economists said that the scale of the drop could be skewed by seasonal adjustments based on pre-pandemic hiring patterns.

Nonseasonally adjusted claims totaled 280,665 last week, rising 29.3 percent from the previous week. The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) said it was expecting a seasonal increase of 106,047 claims last week.

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/585056-jobless-claims-fall-to-184k-hitting-lowest-level-in-52-years

Re: America: Jobless Claims Hit Lowest Level In 52 Years by babasolution: 4:32pm On Dec 09, 2021
I need to go yankee
Re: America: Jobless Claims Hit Lowest Level In 52 Years by Patriot9: 4:42pm On Dec 09, 2021
Wait wait wait please. They pay them for being jobless in U.S?
shocked shocked
Re: America: Jobless Claims Hit Lowest Level In 52 Years by Patriot9: 4:42pm On Dec 09, 2021
Wait wait wait please. They pay them for being jobless in U.S?
shocked shocked .
Re: America: Jobless Claims Hit Lowest Level In 52 Years by kayusely70(m): 5:46pm On Dec 09, 2021
Biden is a silent achiever.
Re: America: Jobless Claims Hit Lowest Level In 52 Years by madone: 1:44am On Dec 10, 2021
Biden is really doing great things
Re: America: Jobless Claims Hit Lowest Level In 52 Years by BlackfireX: 6:17am On Dec 10, 2021
Multiplying effect of Trump policies....

Make America great again
Re: America: Jobless Claims Hit Lowest Level In 52 Years by Laurene: 7:17am On Dec 10, 2021
kayusely70:
Biden is a silent achiever.
wait till next month
Re: America: Jobless Claims Hit Lowest Level In 52 Years by Brexxit(m): 11:03am On Dec 10, 2021
BlackfireX:
Multiplying effect of Trump policies....

Make America great again
I
Lol. Clown. grin

Trump's mishandling of coronavirus made the economy tumble and caused millions to lose jobs.

Even the economic boom witnessed under trump was as a result of the policies put in place by the Obama administration,trump inherited a great economy already recovering from the 2008 financial crisis.
Re: America: Jobless Claims Hit Lowest Level In 52 Years by Brexxit(m): 11:07am On Dec 10, 2021
Laurene:
wait till next month
I know you're shocked by this report.
Trump fans like you where hoping Biden would fail but here you are dissapointed.

Your wailing has just started because Biden would hand over to Kamala after completing his 4 or 8 years term.

Wail me a river ma! grin
Re: America: Jobless Claims Hit Lowest Level In 52 Years by Laurene: 1:38pm On Dec 10, 2021
Brexxit:

I know you're shocked by this report.
Trump fans like you where hoping Biden would failed but here you are dissapointed.

Your wailing has just started because Biden would hand over to Kamala after completing his 4 or 8 years term.

Wail me a river ma! grin
you don't even understand american politics, you think they are Nigeria that play politics by inheritance. grin

Biden May not run for reelection let's start with. Kamel-toe Haris is an extremely unlikable candidate that will lose woefully.
Re: America: Jobless Claims Hit Lowest Level In 52 Years by BlackfireX: 3:40pm On Dec 10, 2021
Brexxit:
I
Lol. Clown. grin

Trump's mishandling of coronavirus made the economy tumble and caused millions to lose jobs.

Even the economic boom witnessed under trump was as a result of the policies put in place by the Obama administration,trump inherited a great economy already recovering from the 2008 financial crisis.

The good in trump govt is Obama... but the good in Biden by trump is not acceptable.

Continue shifting the goal post

(1) (Reply)

NASA Satellite Parker Probe Enters The Sun Atmosphere(vid) / From The Horse's Mouth / Totalitarian Bullies Always Lose At Last

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.