Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,992 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

What Is The Different Between The Both Words? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Different Between The Both Words? (1106 Views)

What Is The Different Between Chemist And Pharmacy? / What Is The Different Between Pidgin And Broken English? / 35 Words You Are Pronouncing Wrongly! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Different Between The Both Words? by LIVEGOESON1: 9:57pm On Dec 09, 2021
i have always want to know the difference of this two english words but i don't feel like checking google. what's the differemt between (ADVICE $ ADVISE? enlish no easy oo cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Different Between The Both Words? by Tohsynetita1: 11:17pm On Dec 09, 2021
Advice is verb, it can carry 'ing' but advise is a noun , it doesn't carry 'ing'
Both looks same but not. They have different intonation.
For example: She advices me . The advise made a away.
Re: What Is The Different Between The Both Words? by Hahjascho(m): 11:36pm On Dec 09, 2021
'Advice' is the noun while 'advise' is the verb.

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Different Between The Both Words? by aderemielijah(m): 2:08am On Dec 10, 2021
Tohsynetita1:
Advice is verb, it can carry 'ing' but advise is a noun , it doesn't carry 'ing'

Wrong. Please review this. Thank you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Different Between The Both Words? by brainycaleb(m): 8:09am On Dec 10, 2021
It's actually a case of obscured spelling method adopted by the British versus the "spell-it-how-it-sounds" method by the Americans.

Advice and Advise both mean the same thing albeit I can't remember which is US and which is UK.
Re: What Is The Different Between The Both Words? by FirmTR(m): 12:18pm On Dec 10, 2021
brainycaleb:
It's actually a case of obscured spelling method adopted by the British versus the "spell-it-how-it-sounds" method by the Americans.

Advice and Advise both mean the same thing albeit I can't remember which is US and which is UK.

Exactly

They both mean same thing.
Re: What Is The Different Between The Both Words? by Passionnn: 2:04pm On Dec 10, 2021
Tohsynetita1:
No sir. It's the other way round.
Advice is the noun. Eg. I have a piece of advice for you.
Advise is a verb, an action word. Eg. I shall advise him on what to do. It's tenses include advises, advising, advised.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Different Between The Both Words? by Passionnn: 2:07pm On Dec 10, 2021
LIVEGOESON1:
i have always want to know the different of this two english words but i don't feel like checking google. what's the differemt between (ADVICE $ ADVISE? enlish no easy oo cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Next time, say, *difference between* not * different*

1 Like

Re: What Is The Different Between The Both Words? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 10, 2021
Tohsynetita1:
U interchanged the meaning
Advise=verb
Advice=noun

1 Like

Re: What Is The Different Between The Both Words? by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 3:59pm On Dec 10, 2021
You guys are confusing me jare...
Re: What Is The Different Between The Both Words? by chival(f): 4:33pm On Dec 10, 2021
Tohsynetita1:
It's actually the other way round, I believe. You can give advice and you can be advised. Advise is the verb while advice is a noun.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Different Between The Both Words? by RoyalBoutique(m): 8:13pm On Dec 10, 2021
The difference is different
Re: What Is The Different Between The Both Words? by Harry00(m): 8:18pm On Dec 10, 2021
The main difference between advice vs advise is that “advise” (with an S) is a verb, which means to recommend, or to give information to someone. On the other hand, “advice” (with a C) is a noun: an opinion or recommendation offered as a guide to action.
Re: What Is The Different Between The Both Words? by LordIsaac(m): 8:40am On Dec 11, 2021
"Difference", not ""different".
Re: What Is The Different Between The Both Words? by LIVEGOESON1: 1:01pm On Dec 11, 2021
thanks noted
LordIsaac:
"Difference", not ""different".

(1) (Reply)

Will UNILORIN Merge Both 2022 And 2023 Sets For Admission| See Answer / Nigerian Army School Of Medical Science (NASMS) Matriculate Newly Admitted Stude / Can You Solve This Mathematics? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.