Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,703 members, 7,851,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:28 PM

NBTE Executive Secretary Rubbishes Allegations From Kadpoly Stakeolders - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NBTE Executive Secretary Rubbishes Allegations From Kadpoly Stakeolders (119 Views)

Kadpoly Sacks Danjuma Alhassan Over Sexual Harassment / Kaduna Polytechnic(kadpoly) Releases 2017/2018 Admission List / Leaked!!! Kadpoly 2017/2018 Admission List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NBTE Executive Secretary Rubbishes Allegations From Kadpoly Stakeolders by Jatuski: 2:22pm On Dec 10, 2021
Says Registrar Pulling Strings

The Executive Secretary of the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE), Professor Idris Muhammad Bugaje has made rubbish of the allegation from a group which termed themselves "Kadpoly Stakeholders’ Forum" while fingering the Registrar of Kaduna Polytechnic as the unseen hand behind the scenes, sponsoring the group.

Professor Bugaje cleared the air in an exclusive interview with our correspondent on Friday.

He explained that he is not worried about their allegations.

"As a regulatory body, we are supposed to ensure that they comply with the polytechnic act and they also appropriately accredit. that the governing council has violated the act by extending the tenure of the Kadpoly Rector beyond six months. They were able to find their ways, there was even allegations of financial inducement, which is being investigated.

"For that reason, I felt as the regulatory body, we can not just keep our eyes closed, so I wrote to the Federal Ministry of Education that they had violated the polytechnic act.

"As a regulatory body we didn't have to keep quiet so I wrote a letter but unfortunately, the ministry didn't act fast.

"But let me explain, allegations of indictment or what. Let me say since the advent of democracy I am the only Chief executive who has taken four different CEO positions. If there are any others besides me, it wouldn't be more than you can count on your fingertips.

"I have served as rector of Federal Polytechnic Nasarawa under Obasanjo, I have served as DG NARICT, in Zaria, under ex President Jonathan. I spent five years there., One year extra even more than the four years. I am not one of those who would follow up on renewal of terms.

"Even my first appointment, the letter was brought to my right on my department in ABU," he said.

He explained that at Nasaraa Poly, he was not even willing to renew a second term.

Professor Bugaje further explained that during his term at Kadpoly, there were several success stories.

"It is the Registrar of Kadpoly creating this problem. Even the Rector, I appointed him, he was just a chief lecturer.

During my term in Kadpoly, there was no strike and I didn't have to induce anyone," he added.

He argued that the polytechnic act stipulates that acting rector position must not last more than six months.

"I wonder why they are just going round and wobbling," he said.

It would be recalled that members of the group,, Kadpoly Stakeholders’ Forum, Malam Musa Muhammad and

Mr Joseph Kazachan, accused the NBTE boss Prof. Bugaje of being indicted a White Paper on the report of the Visitation Panel to the Federal Polytechnic Nasarawa where he was a Rector.

The forum in a statement made available to our correspondent on Wednesday night, expressed dismay that such a person was appointed Rector of Kaduna Polytechnic.

“We all recall that, based on some justifiable negative perceptions about him, a lots of groups protested the emergence of Prof. Bugaje as the Rector of the polytechnic as contained in a letter of complaint by Concerned Youth Citizens of Nigeria dated 22nd September 2017, and addressed to President Muhammadu Buhari”,

“In the letter, the group wondered how Professor Bugaje who “was indicted and Sanctioned in a Government White Paper” on the report of the Visitation Panel to the Federal Polytechnic Nasarawa, where he was a Rector could, be appointed as a Rector of the Kaduna Polytechnic”, it stated.

​The Forum also stated that In the White Paper to which the above reference was made and which was dated 5th October, 2004, the Federal Ministry of Education confirmed that “most of the allegations which were leveled against the Rector Dr I.M. Bugaje have been substantiated.”

“It was further stated that the Visitor to the institution” is also aware of the strained relationship between Dr Bugaje and the immediate community’’ and therefore directed that “the second tenure of Dr I.M Bugaje should not be renewed.”

(1) (Reply)

Excelr - PMP Certification / The Need For Entrepreneurship Orientation Among Students / Multi-sector, Multilayered And Multipronged!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.