Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Covid19: Have You Been Vaccinated? What Was It Like? (serious Responses Only) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Covid19: Have You Been Vaccinated? What Was It Like? (serious Responses Only) (349 Views)

34 New Cases Of #COVID19 Have Been Reported, total 407, 128 discharged,12 deaths / Twenty-two New Cases Of #COVID19 Have Been Reported In Nigeria / 11 New Cases Of #COVID19 Have Been Reported In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covid19: Have You Been Vaccinated? What Was It Like? (serious Responses Only) by anotherguyonNL: 3:15pm On Dec 10, 2021
I have been avoiding the vaccine for a while now, my reason is that the vaccine seemed to have been quickly developed without enough time given towards trial, not to mention the fact that I am kind of paranoid and I don't trust the approach being taken by the WHO and the west, however now I find myself with a tough decision to make - I have a visa to travel out of Nigeria and one of the requirements is that you have a proof of covid vaccination id, without this you wouldn't be allowed to use public facilities such as grocery stores, public transportation, I also wouldn't be allowed to attend classes!

Seeing as the global health institutions seems desperate for everyone to take the vaccine, I am now considering taking it, however there are so many contradicting information out there so I have decided to create this thread to find out from fellow Nigerians what the experience of taking the vaccine was like, What type of vaccine was administered and were there any side effects after taking the vaccine.

If you haven't taken the vaccine then please join me to read from the experience of those who have already taken it.
I would appreciate it if the responses here are serious, so lets all try to be matured here. Thanks
Re: Covid19: Have You Been Vaccinated? What Was It Like? (serious Responses Only) by Hashabiah: 3:19pm On Dec 10, 2021
Let the Guinea pigs present themselves for inspection grin
Re: Covid19: Have You Been Vaccinated? What Was It Like? (serious Responses Only) by anotherguyonNL: 3:29pm On Dec 10, 2021
Hashabiah:
Let the Guinea pigs present themselves for inspection grin

This isn't the right way to look at it. Taking the vaccine doesn't make you a guinea pig. Also can we not derail the topic?
Re: Covid19: Have You Been Vaccinated? What Was It Like? (serious Responses Only) by Hashabiah: 3:33pm On Dec 10, 2021
anotherguyonNL:

This isn't the right way to look at it. Taking the vaccine doesn't make you a guinea pig. Also can we not derail the topic?
I'm not derailing the topic. grin
Re: Covid19: Have You Been Vaccinated? What Was It Like? (serious Responses Only) by meobizy(f): 3:38pm On Dec 10, 2021
Lol. So if it truly was the mark of the beast you’d take it because it’d guarantee a better life? Many Nairalanders are Christians by mouth and never actions.

Unlike you I was adamant not because of anything, but a strong belief in my immune system protecting me from the virus. However everyone in my household got vaccinated and provided a hassle-free slot which I had to use eventually. Bypassing the needed two week isolation period crucial for my employment type would benefit me to the fullest.

Where are you based? I don’t know how it is your way. In PH there is this Orogbum clinic where you fill in details before the nurse jabs you after all is complete. In surprise you’ll ask “is that all?” and she’ll reply in the positive. The procedure is not like taking malaria injections because as soon as the needle breaks your skin it is already out; so fast that you’ll expect more.
Re: Covid19: Have You Been Vaccinated? What Was It Like? (serious Responses Only) by delzbaba(m): 3:52pm On Dec 10, 2021
U've said it all, the vaccine was rushed and not carefully developed, and also if you look at conspiracy theories, this omicron variant is more like a small cold or flu, as a matter of fact the cold i had in 2013 is worst than any covid i've had, so what i mean is this the vaccination definitely has an ulterior motive with all this restrictions to peoples movement

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covid19: Have You Been Vaccinated? What Was It Like? (serious Responses Only) by anotherguyonNL: 4:45pm On Dec 10, 2021
meobizy:
Lol. So if it truly was the mark of the beast you’d take it because it’d guarantee a better life? Many Nairalanders are Christians by mouth and never actions.

Unlike you I was adamant not because of anything, but a strong belief in my immune system protecting me from the virus. However everyone in my household got vaccinated and provided a hassle-free slot which I had to use eventually. Bypassing the needed two week isolation period crucial for my employment type would benefit me to the fullest.

Where are you based? I don’t know how it is your way. In PH there is this Orogbum clinic where you fill in details before the nurse jabs you after all is complete. In surprise you’ll ask “is that all?” and she’ll reply in the positive. The procedure is not like taking malaria injections because as soon as the needle breaks your skin it is already out; so fast that you’ll expect more.

Mine wasn't about Christianity even though I am a Christian, my hesitance has always been as a result of the globalists and the sinister minds behind most global pharmaceutical giants (interestingly most pharma companies have seen their valuation grow more than 100x since the pandemic started, I am not really sure they would want to actually create a vaccine to eradicate the "situation"....assuming that there's an actual global "situation" but that's a topic for another day ). Anyway did you experience any side effects after taking the vaccine? how many shots did you have and do you know the type of vaccine that administered to you?
Re: Covid19: Have You Been Vaccinated? What Was It Like? (serious Responses Only) by meobizy(f): 6:55pm On Dec 10, 2021
anotherguyonNL:

Mine wasn't about Christianity even though I am a Christian, my hesitance has always been as a result of the globalists and the sinister minds behind most global pharmaceutical giants (interestingly most pharma companies have seen their valuation grow more than 100x since the pandemic started, I am not really sure they would want to actually create a vaccine to eradicate the "situation"....assuming that there's an actual global "situation" but that's a topic for another day ). Anyway did you experience any side effects after taking the vaccine? how many shots did you have and do you know the type of vaccine that administered to you?
It was the AstraZeneca vaccine and I observed zero side effect. I took it three weeks ago and I’m looking forward to the next three to take the second dose. My sister and mother both reported having the spins for a while, they turned out fine. My friend told me he was always hungry after the shot. I didn’t ask which brand he took.

What I believe — which is probably erroneous — is one won’t have a reaction if they’ve caught a flu before. I’ve contracted flus thrice in my life so it’s possible my body recognized what to do with the vaccine or its associated antibodies. Both family members have never gotten flus in their lives hence their bodies going on the defence after their shots.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covid19: Have You Been Vaccinated? What Was It Like? (serious Responses Only) by anotherguyonNL: 10:47pm On Dec 10, 2021
meobizy:
It was the AstraZeneca vaccine and I observed zero side effect. I took it three weeks ago and I’m looking forward to the next three to take the second dose. My sister and mother both reported having the spins for a while, they turned out fine. My friend told me he was always hungry after the shot. I didn’t ask which brand he took.

What I believe — which is probably erroneous — is one won’t have a reaction if they’ve caught a flu before. I’ve contracted flus thrice in my life so it’s possible my body recognized what to do with the vaccine or its associated antibodies. Both family members have never gotten flus in their lives hence their bodies going on the defence after their shots.

This kind of makes sense, I also had a severe flu sometime last year, lost all sense of smell and taste so maybe I could have some kind of vaccine tolerance like you've mentioned. Anyway did you get the AZ shot in Nigeria or outside the country?
Re: Covid19: Have You Been Vaccinated? What Was It Like? (serious Responses Only) by meobizy(f): 4:20am On Dec 11, 2021
anotherguyonNL:

This kind of makes sense, I also had a severe flu sometime last year, lost all sense of smell and taste so maybe I could have some kind of vaccine tolerance like you've mentioned. Anyway did you get the AZ shot in Nigeria or outside the country?
There is no part of my other comments to indicate that I took the vaccine outside the country.
Re: Covid19: Have You Been Vaccinated? What Was It Like? (serious Responses Only) by MMotimo: 7:13am On Dec 11, 2021
Double vaccinated on Pfizer and anticipating my booster shot. I had no side effects, no part of my body is magnetic, I don’t have the mark of the beast and none of the nonsense you hear/read about.

If your mind can grasp science and you have Google, you can do your own research instead of feeding on Facebook and Twitter conspiracy theories from lunatics, the paranoid, and the uninformed. Read up from credible information websites and news sources. The vaccine did not just suddenly appear. There was already years of work invested into mRNA vaccines before Covid and it was just adapted to Covid after more research with the advent of the pandemic.

The vaccine is saving lives. A lot of people have expressed regrets on their death beds as they lamented the missed opportunity to take the vaccine. Covid has killed otherwise healthy people with no pre- existing conditions. Gambling with whether or not you’ll be a Covid fatality is not exactly wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Covid19: Have You Been Vaccinated? What Was It Like? (serious Responses Only) by nnennachiji(f): 7:23am On Dec 11, 2021
I took Moderna. I only experienced pain at injection site with body weakness on the day of vaccination. No other symptom. My second dose Was also weakness, nothing really serious
I am in the United States of America and Covid is serious here. So my husband and I took Moderna. My husband lost a colleague to corona. When it became available to everyone we took the vaccine. My son is 3 and not eligible. He is only one not vaccinated in our home.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Vaginal! / How Serious Is Malaria? / Opposite Of Menopause Is Andropause In Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.